Batman: Arkham Knight Platinum

SuperSaiyan3985

This is in regards to all trophy hunters that have played Arkham Knight. I recently bought the game with the Season Pass so that's 110 trophies I'm about to hunt down. TBH I'm really new to the Arkham series and this is my first game, I plan to get this trophy within the coming two weeks. Before I continue however does anybody have tips for completing the game in the shortest time possible? Thanks

This is in regards to all trophy hunters that have played Arkham Knight. I recently bought the game with the Season Pass so that's 110 trophies I'm about to hunt down. TBH I'm really new to the Arkham series and this is my first game, I plan to get this trophy within the coming two weeks. Before I continue however does anybody have tips for completing the game in the shortest time possible? Thanks

If you go here and search for arkham knight, you'll find 3 guides with lots of info. Also for future reference, this should've been posted in the arkham knight subforum ;).

I recommend that you at least play Arkham City before playing Arkham Knight because the game is made for people who played Arkham City before it, the beginning of the game already spoils Arkham City completely so don't start it until you can do Arkham City and you can find a cheap copy of Arkham City anywhere, it's quite old now. 

If you go here and search for arkham knight, you'll find 3 guides with lots of info. Also for future reference, this should've been posted in the arkham knight subforum ;).

Sorry I'm just a noob at navigating forums.

I recommend that you at least play Arkham City before playing Arkham Knight because the game is made for people who played Arkham City before it, the beginning of the game already spoils Arkham City completely so don't start it until you can do Arkham City and you can find a cheap copy of Arkham City anywhere, it's quite old now.

No you see that won't be happening. I don't have a PS3 and besides I already started the game, haven't had any issues.

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with GrandPoseidon.  do not try to rush this game.  try to get every trophy in your first playthrough.  you should only have the new game+ trophy left to do if you do it all right.  there is so much content between the main mission and the side missions and they are all worth it.  i am almost finished with my new game+ playthrough now and should have the plat in the next day or two.  good luck and have fun!

• 4 years later...

Hey Guys, 

resurrecting an old thread but kinda fits in with my journey. I played this way back when in 2015 and I think I kinda got bored of getting all the riddler things at a point and then just abandoned the game for something else that as probably new. recently though maybe it's worth mopping up for the platinum. I have the season pass but generally don't play much beyond getting the actual platinum. I downloaded the game again and my save from the cloud to find that I have 95% completion on normal difficulty. I have 48 out of 65 base game trophies but wanted some advice on trophies I am missing, if it's going to be too annoying/frustrating then I won't really go for it, my concerns are:

absolution getting 69 stars, this should be easy coz I can use DLC challenges for stars so don't have to do great in all challenges?

brutality 101 - how long does it take to become good enough at the combat to do this? I have played Arkham Asylum and Arkham city but I have never been good at the combat in batman games

the long Halloween - beating new game plus on Knightmare, again I have never really been good at the combat so how tough is this really, also keep in mind that I am rusty as I haven't played this since 2015

other ones that I'm missing don't seem too bad they just more grindy or the jumps/flying under bridges instant kills on tanks taking out cars so not really worried about those too much.

10 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

Hey Guys, 

resurrecting an old thread but kinda fits in with my journey. I played this way back when in 2015 and I think I kinda got bored of getting all the riddler things at a point and then just abandoned the game for something else that as probably new. recently though maybe it's worth mopping up for the platinum. I have the season pass but generally don't play much beyond getting the actual platinum. I downloaded the game again and my save from the cloud to find that I have 95% completion on normal difficulty. I have 48 out of 65 base game trophies but wanted some advice on trophies I am missing, if it's going to be too annoying/frustrating then I won't really go for it, my concerns are:

absolution getting 69 stars, this should be easy coz I can use DLC challenges for stars so don't have to do great in all challenges?

brutality 101 - how long does it take to become good enough at the combat to do this? I have played Arkham Asylum and Arkham city but I have never been good at the combat in batman games

the long Halloween - beating new game plus on Knightmare, again I have never really been good at the combat so how tough is this really, also keep in mind that I am rusty as I haven't played this since 2015

other ones that I'm missing don't seem too bad they just more grindy or the jumps/flying under bridges instant kills on tanks taking out cars so not really worried about those too much.

Absolution: It's not hard, even less so because you have DLC. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of difficulty was cut from just having the Scarecrow DLC around launch, let alone everything else you get in the season pass.

Brutality 101: It can take a bit of practice, but in response to your point, I never played more than 10 minutes of Arkham City before I played Arkham Knight, and I did this trophy in an hour and a bit. Do it on the Batman & Nightwing AR mission. Remember that jumping/dodging over an enemy will not break your combo. This gives you time to think what to do next.  I'd suggest starting with the environmental takedown because it's finicky, but you don't have to, that's up to you.

The Long Halloween: I don't recall having a whole lot of difficulty completing this mode, but it has been a really long time since I have completed it. I'm sure you would be able to as well with some time. The checkpoints were pretty forgiving, and I recall there were guides to cheese that pitifully awful cloudburst tank fight.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Absolution: It's not hard, even less so because you have DLC. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of difficulty was cut from just having the Scarecrow DLC around launch, let alone everything else you get in the season pass.

Brutality 101: It can take a bit of practice, but in response to your point, I never played more than 10 minutes of Arkham City before I played Arkham Knight, and I did this trophy in an hour and a bit. Do it on the Batman & Nightwing AR mission. Remember that jumping/dodging over an enemy will not break your combo. This gives you time to think what to do next.  I'd suggest starting with the environmental takedown because it's finicky, but you don't have to, that's up to you.

The Long Halloween: I don't recall having a whole lot of difficulty completing this mode, but it has been a really long time since I have completed it. I'm sure you would be able to as well with some time. The checkpoints were pretty forgiving, and I recall there were guides to cheese that pitifully awful cloudburst tank fight.

this is very helpful, thank you

my biggest issue in the campaign if I remember correctly was a fight sequence on a balloon they one where the whole crowd eventually turned into the joker laughing, all real thing I cant remember that frustrated me on normal. doesnt appear to have been a big issue for anyone else so worries me abit 

great that the dlc stuff will help with AR mission stars. on the jumping around though is there something specific i need to be doing feel like it ends my streak not sure if its because i press the buttons multiple times

23 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

The DLC challenges do count, but you can't repeat the same challenge with different characters even though they have their own star counts. Only the default character for a challenge counts. 

For Brutality 101, the main thing you need to become good at is maintaining a combo and learning the tricks to keep it going. Generally that's using the move where you vault over people excessively because it doesn't break a combo and lets you easily avoid attacks, only attacking people around the edge of the crowd, using simple moves and recognising when enemies are about to attack even before the counter prompt shows up. As l;ong as you're confident keeping a combo going, there's no pressure to use the specific moves quickly or efficiently.  

It's hard to say how good you need to become, but nothing in the main game really prepared me for it because you can manage just fine without mastering the combat. It was practicing for The Curtain Falls DLC trophy that did it for me, because it trains you to never let your combo break.

Knightmare isn't anything special. You can't see the prompts when enemies are about to attack, but you can easily dodge or jump over someone instead of trying to parry it. The worst thing is having to repeat the entire game just for a single trophy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

this is very helpful, thank you

my biggest issue in the campaign if I remember correctly was a fight sequence on a balloon they one where the whole crowd eventually turned into the joker laughing, all real thing I cant remember that frustrated me on normal. doesnt appear to have been a big issue for anyone else so worries me abit 

great that the dlc stuff will help with AR mission stars. on the jumping around though is there something specific i need to be doing feel like it ends my streak not sure if its because i press the buttons multiple times

I can't say I recall much about that fight sequence on the balloon, sorry, so I don't have much input there.

As for jumping around, mainly watch out if people pick up guns (I don't recall if there even is any in that AR mission), and watch out for the stun baton guys. If your streak is ending, then you're probably whiffing attacks into the air, or onto something like a shield after dodging. You'll get it with a bit of practice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

If you get stuck on Brutality 101 I've got a short video that shows you how to get x7 combo added to your overall free flow meaning you only need a free flow combo of 8 for the trophy :D

so when i tell you i suck lol i really suck. 

seen your video before I got to my playstation so I was like great this is going to be awesome. for some reason i keep only getting a six variation from gadgets sometimes a 7 but on normal combat i must have got an 8 like once or twice only.  gave up after an hour but realise i havent been using the re-direct i just been trying to go into the next move so that will be tonights mission lol. what really kills m is that damn shield guys, every now and again one pops up in front of me when im doing a normal strike or triple cape stun and resets my combo 

on the one run i managed to get 8 variation but my gadet variation was 6, closest i have come so far.

but yes thank you, this video is great gives me alot of hope and its an amazing find

On 05/08/2020 at 11:53 AM, Bushido_Cypher said:

If you get stuck on Brutality 101 I've got a short video that shows you how to get x7 combo added to your overall free flow meaning you only need a free flow combo of 8 for the trophy :D

Got it right doing this yay! Was on my third attempt got 14 the first two times and then third time it worked. Still with a 6 gadget variation though so don't know why but doesn't matter 

Also btw I have subscribed, thank you so much 

Edited by El_Shubi

12 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

Got it right doing this yay! Was on my third attempt got 14 the first two times and then third time it worked. Still with a 6 gadget variation though so don't know why but doesn't matter 

Also btw I have subscribed, thank you so much 

Welcome to the Clan mate and more importantly Congrats!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 4:53 AM, Bushido_Cypher said:

I just installed Arkham Knight again to try Brutality 101, and I'm going to use your video as a guide. That trophy has been haunting me for years, I reinstalled the game a couple of times but never managed to git gud enough for a 15-combo chain. Here's hoping that I can do at least 8 in a row.

Thank you for posting this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I re-visited this game after 4 years. I'm currently sitting at 90% for the base game trophies. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this trophy list is. Forgive me, I came here to vent. I'm frustrated with Point Impact and the AR missions. Doesn't help that it takes a good 40 seconds for trophies to pop.  Blah

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2021 at 7:29 PM, sweendog_rocks26 said:

I re-visited this game after 4 years. I'm currently sitting at 90% for the base game trophies. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this trophy list is. Forgive me, I came here to vent. I'm frustrated with Point Impact and the AR missions. Doesn't help that it takes a good 40 seconds for trophies to pop.  Blah

Wow I though that it was just my PS4 that was acting slow with the trophies taking long to pop. And I've got like 5 trophies left including NG+ but that Point of Impact one is a real pain. Every time I get to three my next shot just goes in a completely different direction. Thankfully I bought the season pass so I don't have to kill myself trying to get 3 stars on Riddler's races. Seriously why is so many of the AR challenges dealing with the Batmobile. Like it's cool and all but I got the game to play as Batman and beat the shit out of some goons, not play hide and go seek with some tanks. Ugh the story and side missions are great but the AR challenges are just bleh.

• 2 weeks later...