breakingthegreen

Franchise that you most want to see turned into a Telltale-style game

245 posts in this topic

Firefly. 

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.

I don't care, I'm still free...You can't take the sky from me...

YES! :D

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea... You can't take the sky from me...

The 100. That show is all about moral choices, would be a perfect fit for the telltale treatment. 

They've announced their Marvel and Batman seasons, which I hope focus solely on the lives of the non-hero identity.  I would love a character study on Tony Stark or Edward Nigma, in games so far we've only ever seen the superhero/villain side and I hope Telltale don't waste the opportunity.

My desire for the Marvel/DC games echoes what I think the Telltale format is strongest in - exploring sides of stories that have a lot to offer but can't offer much in a gameplay sense.

What additional properties I would like to see;

• Pokémon - I would enjoy the perspective of a Gym Leader, both their rise to that status and the psychology of essentially existing to be defeated. Battles can still take place as the turn based selection for attacks works perfectly - making each decision timed and having a real time fight unfurl.
  • The Wheel of Time - two concurrent tales, one of Warder and one of Aes Sedai.  Aes rising from Novice to selecting the Ajah to Amyrlin Seat and Warder of the path to becoming bonded.
  • Deus Ex - I don't have any specifics here, but the trans-humanism and keep it human groups can lead to very interesting racial archetypes and what it means to be human.

A Star Wars story set in the 501st so EA can go and f-

I feel like the only person in the world that would love to see Teltale completely remake the first Zero Escape game (999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors).

Think about it, they could actually implement the puzzles so Telltale can actually go back to the roots of an old school point and click game as well. I also think their visual style can actually compliment the anime-esque art style of the first game.

Imagine if they mixed it with one of the classic FF games....

I would love to see how they handle a Blade Runner game. Agree on the engine update.

ZZ3340101D.jpg

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings (if they haven't done it already).

Fatal Frame

Silent Hill

Clock Tower

Penumbra (even if they're episodic already)

And some of Stephen King's best horror books in the mix pls :P

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I think Telltale could make a really good Scooby Doo game

• The Witcher: there's a lot of lore to use.
  • Resident Evil/Dead Space or something else with horror.
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

That would be epic. The team that made Tales from the Borderlands could make something amazing.

A telltale style final fantasy game would be fun. 

If they could do something with the Venture Bros. that'd be great too.

Oh and Archer would be enjoyable too.

I feel like the only person in the world that would love to see Teltale completely remake the first Zero Escape game (999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors).

Think about it, they could actually implement the puzzles so Telltale can actually go back to the roots of an old school point and click game as well. I also think their visual style can actually compliment the anime-esque art style of the first game.

I hadn't thought of it, but that would be pretty awesome.

Edited by kuuhaku

I'd be more interested in their games if they did their own thing, really.

Even though I've liked the few games of theirs I've played I would definitely prefer them coming up with their own things from now on as well dood

Even though I've liked the few games of theirs I've played I would definitely prefer them coming up with their own things from now on as well dood

Agreed

First they need a new engine. I find their current engine very distracting during action sequences because of the lag/frame rate. I understand it's a bottomless money pit for them right now, but I feel that they've made enough to commission a team of programmers to make something that actually works well at all times. It can't be the hardware holding them back seeing as it's the same on PS4/Xbone/PC, so that would really make me happy.

After that, I would like another shot at the Jurassic Park IP, even though honestly I didn't think their first attempt was THAT bad. It wasn't on Walking Dead level, but to say it was a failure seems overly harsh. 

The most anticipated for me would be something with the Alien franchise. Specifically Alien 1 (not Aliens). I can see the tense atmosphere and slow-paced horror really working out in an adventure style game.

Including last gen consoles of their engine since it is awful where I really hoping they fix that not just the new gen but both of the generations as well

Breaking Bad!!

Or they could come up with their own ideas for a change.

Telltale needs to die. I got sick of playing the same game with different coats of paint over and over years ago.

That would be very excellent to see.

Firefly. 

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.

I don't care, I'm still free...You can't take the sky from me... 

YES! :D

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea... You can't take the sky from me...

DOUBLE YES!!! :jaymon:

There's no place I can be, since I found serenity...

You can't take the sky from me...

Some of the story that happens after the TV  show but before the movie would be great.