Franchise that you most want to see turned into a Telltale-style game

Breakingthegreen

This is going to sound really weird since the game is a third person survival horror game, but I would love for Deadspace to be turned into a telltale game. Deadspace does horror really well, and they are some of my favorite games of all time but I love the story in Deadspace. The backstory on the necromorphs, and the markers is so good that I would love to see this franchise turned into a telltale style game.

18 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

This is going to sound really weird since the game is a third person survival horror game, but I would love for Deadspace to be turned into a telltale game. Deadspace does horror really well, and they are some of my favorite games of all time but I love the story in Deadspace. The backstory on the necromorphs, and the markers is so good that I would love to see this franchise turned into a telltale style game.

That's not as weird as you may think. I mean they managed to turn Borderlands into a Telltale-style game despite that being a first person shooter with its main draw being the whole loot system. I happen to think the story of Dead Space is vastly more interesting than that of Borderlands, yet Telltale still managed to make a compelling story from it. I'm sure they could work wonders with the Dead Space IP. It looks like we aren't getting a "proper" Dead Space game for quite some time (if at all), so it would be nice if they kept it alive somehow.

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

That's not as weird as you may think. I mean they managed to turn Borderlands into a Telltale-style game despite that being a first person shooter with its main draw being the whole loot system. I happen to think the story of Dead Space is vastly more interesting than that of Borderlands, yet Telltale still managed to make a compelling story from it. I'm sure they could work wonders with the Dead Space IP. It looks like we aren't getting a "proper" Dead Space game for quite some time (if at all), so it would be nice if they kept it alive somehow.

Completely forgot to respond to this earlier, but I think we will get another Deadspace game eventually. The EA we see today is very different from the EA we saw around the launch of Deadspace 3. I believe when Deadspace 3 they said something along the line of "Deadspace 3 has to sell 3 million copies to remain relevant," and of course it didn't sell 3 million copies because that was a ridiculous statement to make and ridiculous expectations. 

Just imagining a Deadspace 1 type game made in Frostbite gets me so excited. Deadspace 1 and 2 still hold up visually, but I can't begin to imagine how good a Deadspace game would look in the Frostbite engine.

2 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Completely forgot to respond to this earlier, but I think we will get another Deadspace game eventually. The EA we see today is very different from the EA we saw around the launch of Deadspace 3. I believe when Deadspace 3 they said something along the line of "Deadspace 3 has to sell 3 million copies to remain relevant," and of course it didn't sell 3 million copies because that was a ridiculous statement to make and ridiculous expectations. 

Just imagining a Deadspace 1 type game made in Frostbite gets me so excited. Deadspace 1 and 2 still hold up visually, but I can't begin to imagine how good a Deadspace game would look in the Frostbite engine.

Visceral has already stated that they want to make another dead space, but that's not possible until they finish the star wars game that they are currently working on.

Family Guy maybe

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Visceral has already stated that they want to make another dead space, but that's not possible until they finish the star wars game that they are currently working on.

Family Guy maybe

Yeah I heard about that a while ago as well. Hopefully it happens because I would love a new Deadspace.

42 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

I think getting another Dead Space game is possible. I mean they brought back Mirrors Edge despite the original having poor sales. Whether it's the Dead Space 1-like game we want is a another matter entirely, though. They turned what was one of the greatest survival horror franchises of all time into a co-op, microtransaction-filled mess. They act out of greed, so I don't trust them to keep their slimy money-grabbing hands off a new Dead Space game. I'd love it if they proved me wrong.

• 10 months later...

Some of the classic shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed, or shows from the last decade like LOST, Spartacus, Heroes, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, Orange is the New Black, Desperate Housewives, and Supernatural. 

Also agree on the Breaking Bad and Harry Potter suggestions. 

• Like 2