Boring as f*ck

Viktorx2001

I agree, I mean besides the great characters, the fantastic dialog and interesting story...it is a complete bore.

first of all i respect everyone's opinion, but the thing is that this game isn't for everyone, is a point and click adventure which focuses on the story and characters and the slow paced gameplay, there are many games like this one and they are all called "point and click adventures" since you collect stuff from the scenery to try to solve puzzles and talk to characters to progress through the story, it was once rated the best point and click adventure when it came out.

so if you don't enjoy games like that you will probably won't enjoy this either, but if you enjoy them then you will probably like this one.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Pointless post...... so pointless but old Point and clicks can be boring but still... wow 

and it was free i'm guessing so why u crying all you lost is time you didn't have to do it

i could do the new barbie game dont mean i will for trophies 

Edited by Fastandslow
  • Like 4

I agree, I mean besides the great characters, the fantastic dialog and interesting story...it is a complete bore.

You forgot the excellent soundtrack, although that too remastered.

Shoulda played it listening to 80s music. 80s music makes everything better.

???

I've actually yet to play the remaster, but the original had an excellent soundtrack! :P

This game must be the most boring game I've ever played in my life! The things I do for trophies..

Did you use a walkthrough guide to solve all the puzzles? If so, then that makes the game a lot worse IMO. But even so, excellent story and dialogue and music etc. But lemme guess, you skipped as much of that as you could? Maybe even played the game muted? If that is the case, it must feel like following an instruction manual, and you've probably brought the boredom on yourself.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

With how eloquently you have expressed your opinion, and how by your own admission are playing for sole motivation of trophies I'm not surprised.  As soon as trophies are the driving force any game will become boring.

I would hazard a wager that your ideal would be a game that splashed out trophies hand over fist, whereas you are essentially reading this game (clarity: a guide). I wouldn't expect you would like reading, ergo this game is "boring as f*ck".

I just a hope a platinum in a game that you hate is worth it when all is said and done.

• Like 2

I always prefer lyrics with my music though :)

I typically don't, because it can really screw with what is else such nice music, especially the vocal or meaning. Can even make it sound far more cheesy. That's my opinion though.

EDIT: Oh, and it takes away focus.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I typically don't, because it can really screw with what is else such nice music, especially the vocal or meaning. Can even make it sound far more cheesy. That's my opinion though.

EDIT: Oh, and it takes away focus.

Valid opinion, different people, different tastes etc.

Personally, I suffer with tinnitus, so I'm kinda of used to hearing just noise (although music is more). Lyrics give it that extra thing for me. 

I really have to agree, but I can't fault the game. It's like buying a shirt from the Gucci 1998 Spring collection. Sure, at some point it was a nice shirt, but now it's hard to appreciate it because the style is so outdated. But like the shirt, you can donate it to the Salvation Army and someone else can appreciate it.

• Like 2

Pointless post...... so pointless but old Point and clicks can be boring but still... wow 

and it was free i'm guessing so why u crying all you lost is time you didn't have to do it

i could do the new barbie game dont mean i will for trophies 

I heard Roughdawg4 in a broadcast at Youtube... He'd said something like "When I find myself playing through Hanna Montana... It reminds me of being a trophy hunter". (I think he is about 30-40 yrs old with a banking job, wife etc.) OK, that is not fair cause he is one of the best if not the best. Everybody doesn't care (that) much about trophies. It's nice to have a life also. ;)

TOPIC: I think the game seems to be somewhat fun. IT did receive a lot good critics in 1998. But I'd never played it back in the days...

Edited by A-Rebirth