Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

BlueFireReaper

SWEET! Looking forward to mega evolve my Stunfisk and destroy everything! :D

I'm kinda shocked that Zygarde is not getting its own game with new forms and everything.

Here's hoping it's not 3DS XL exclusive or something( I doubt it is... or is there a new Nintendo handheld coming that I'm not aware of?)

SWEET! Looking forward to mega evolve my Stunfisk and destroy everything! :D

I'm kinda shocked that Zygarde is not getting its own game with new forms and everything.

Here's hoping it's not 3DS XL exclusive or something( I doubt it is... or is there a new Nintendo handheld coming that I'm not aware of?)

No, they've confirmed that it's going to be a 3DS game, as far as I'm concerned.

Still making those games?  I stopped playing pokemon when I realized that I would have buy multiply games or talk to people in order to get all 150.  Which is to say that I haven't played a pokemon game since red and blue.

With the online trading system that is no longer an issue, but I can certainly see why it would put someone off the series. That being said, I can't imagine the games stopping anytime soon considering it is the second best selling video game series of all time, right behind Mario. 

I think I found the box art for the new games. Looks pretty awesome...

a3MuDld.jpg

Parker

• Like 2

Can someone please explain to me why every time Pokemon does a new game, it is sold in two bits? Do you need them both, is one part one and the other part two? Are they entirely separate? Could they really be put together in one package but Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever are just milking assholes? When will I have my first kiss? And, wait, hold up, you have to pay for Pokemon Bank, so like, copying your guys from one game to the other costs? 

Can someone please explain to me why every time Pokemon does a new game, it is sold in two bits? Do you need them both, is one part one and the other part two? Are they entirely separate? Could they really be put together in one package but Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever are just milking assholes?

Every set has a few Pokemon that can't be obtained by any means within one game, but can in the other. The only way to get them would be to trade with someone who has the opposite version, and the idea is that you'll trade them the Pokemon they can't obtain in their own game.

The aim of the game is to complete your Pokedex by catching every Pokemon, but it can't be done without trading with at least two other people because of all the various restrictions.

Whether you get your friends to buy the games or you buy them multiple times yourself to get it done, either way encourages more sales. So yeah, it's a cash grab. It doesn't stop at a second version, either - there will probably be a third version eventually.

There may be a few very minor tweaks to the game's plot or the trainers you'll face, but you'll be getting the same experience from either version. It's just an added hurdle for completists.

Can someone please explain to me why every time Pokemon does a new game, it is sold in two bits? Do you need them both, is one part one and the other part two? Are they entirely separate? Could they really be put together in one package but Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever are just milking assholes? When will I have my first kiss? And, wait, hold up, you have to pay for Pokemon Bank, so like, copying your guys from one game to the other costs? 

The idea, or so they say, is to encourage trading and playing with friends. Maybe that was true in the 90's, maybe it is now, maybe it never was, I don't know. And yeah, Pokemon Bank is £5 a year in the UK, so whatever the AU equivalent is over there. Kind of a rip-off to ask for money to trade between games in a franchise that basically requires trading between games to 100% complete...

Easy. 

So you could never complete Pokedex by having only one game.

You are loner? Buy another game.

You have some friends? Buy a game they don't have.

As for the first kiss, Miku VR will be out soon :awesome:

Every set has a few Pokemon that can't be obtained by any means within one game, but can in the other. The only way to get them would be to trade with someone who has the opposite version, and the idea is that you'll trade them the Pokemon they can't obtain in their own game.

The aim of the game is to complete your Pokedex by catching every Pokemon, but it can't be done without trading with at least two other people because of all the various restrictions.

Whether you get your friends to buy the games or you buy them multiple times yourself to get it done, either way encourages more sales. So yeah, it's a cash grab. It doesn't stop at a second version, either - there will probably be a third version eventually.

There may be a few very minor tweaks to the game's plot or the trainers you'll face, but you'll be getting the same experience from either version. It's just an added hurdle for completists.

The idea, or so they say, is to encourage trading and playing with friends. Maybe that was true in the 90's, maybe it is now, maybe it never was, I don't know. And yeah, Pokemon Bank is £5 a year in the UK, so whatever the AU equivalent is over there. Kind of a rip-off to ask for money to trade between games in a franchise that basically requires trading between games to 100% complete...

Easy. 

So you could never complete Pokedex by having only one game.

You are loner? Buy another game.

You have some friends? Buy a game they don't have.

As for the first kiss, Miku VR will be out soon :awesome:

Cheers for the info, sounds like a dick move to me, sure you can say that no one is making you get both versions, but the fact that both versions exist is more or less saying you'll need them both one way or another if you want everything.

But the Pokemon Bank (or Pokebank, whichever it actually is) being a yearly fee is the most intriguing, if you stop paying the subscription do your Pokemon revert to only being playable in the game they originated in or? 

Cheers for the info, sounds like a dick move to me, sure you can say that no one is making you get both versions, but the fact that both versions exist is more or less saying you'll need them both one way or another if you want everything.

But the Pokemon Bank (or Pokebank, whichever it actually is) being a yearly fee is the most intriguing, if you stop paying the subscription do your Pokemon revert to only being playable in the game they originated in or?

As far as I know you can retrieve any pokemon already in the bank, but you can't put any more in

As far as I know you can retrieve any pokemon already in the bank, but you can't put any more in

Ooooh, okay, I get it. Interesting concept, I'd just wait 'til I'd caught them all before doing the bank thing but I guess some people aren't as patient.

• Like 1

This is some interesting news, can't wait to see how this new pokemon journey will unfold  :)

I'm going to wager a vague guess here, but I'm thinking it'll be something like this:

1. Obtain starter Pokemon from a professor and say goodbye to mom/dad.
  2. Meet rival who picked opposite element as starter.
  3. Beat all 8 gyms for badges.
  4. Stop <insert evil organization> and put them out of business/change their minds.
  5. Beat the elite four.

Now I'm not sure, but I think this would be a pretty safe bet.

• Like 2

I'm going to wager a vague guess here, but I'm thinking it'll be something like this:

4. Stop <insert evil organization> and put them out of business/change their minds.
  5. Beat the elite four.

I think you're on to something here... xD

I'm looking forward to this. I didn't realize it had been so long since X/Y had come out. 

5. Beat the elite four.

Sounds too ambitious, I mean they've never done anything like that before.

I just want the games to be more challenging goddammit, the last few XY and ORAS were waaay too easy and handholdy and I didn't even finish my OR cuz of how mundane and easy everything was not to mention the lack of post game really killed my motivation :(

The new Digimon game is a good indicator of how difficult should be done imo, add a hard mode from the start and make it on the fly changable