Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

BlueFireReaper

Eh. Hopefully the design of the Pokemon in this game arent as horrible as X and Y or Black and White.

I beg to differ. I feel that, barring Gen IV, I generally prefer the designs of newer mons over older ones, with V and VI housing many of my current favorites. And even then, Gen IV has its share of mons I find myself attached to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to start a Topic on this but I'll post in here and see what happens. 

Z Moves vs Megas 

Personally I want megas more and what people don't seem to understand is Z moves 
1 can only be used once per battle and 
2 IT DOES TAKE AN ITEM SLOT UP. This has been confirmed.

So I don't know about you guys but I rather have a cool a** looking charizard Y then it shooting out a nuke once in my battle and it never doing anything cool the rest of the battle.
Whats everyone elses thoughts on this? 

Most of the time I see people complaining that Megas took an item slot up ... SOOO your telling me you want your item slot taking up to use 1 move once in a battle... Its worse then megas... Yea you might kill something but then its over ?

I wanted to start a Topic on this but I'll post in here and see what happens. 

Z Moves vs Megas 

Personally I want megas more and what people don't seem to understand is Z moves 

1 can only be used once per battle and 

2 IT DOES TAKE AN ITEM SLOT UP. This has been confirmed.

So I don't know about you guys but I rather have a cool a** looking charizard Y then it shooting out a nuke once in my battle and it never doing anything cool the rest of the battle.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on this? 

Most of the time I see people complaining that Megas took an item slot up ... SOOO your telling me you want your item slot taking up to use 1 move once in a battle... Its worse then megas... Yea you might kill something but then its over ?

I'm wondering if you can use both Mega and Z moves in battle. Z moves seem useful for any pokemon who does not have a mega evolution, maybe as a trump card to counter mega evolutions really.

I'm wondering if you can use both Mega and Z moves in battle. Z moves seem useful for any pokemon who does not have a mega evolution, maybe as a trump card to counter mega evolutions really.

Alot of people are saying megas wont even be in the game which is why I'm stating Would you rather have Z Moves or Megas

• 1 month later...

Here's the new trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon, showcasing the middle evolutions of the starters as well as various gameplay mechanics

It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are returning so people don't have to worry about Z-moves replacing them

Also it announces a demo for Sun and Moon being released on Oct 18 

Also, don't forget to download Keldeo on your 6th gen games.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

uhyF1SF.jpg

Wow! Why this incredibly odd distribution method of AG? How does a in-game avatar actually cause his Greninja to canonically change forms into AG (Ash's)? That makes zero sense, the Greninja should take on the appearance of ITS trainer, not Ash. Even if this Greninja was Ash's, only HE can achieve this specific appearance-form with it. They obviously got lazy, Greninja should take on the avatars default appearance, and if they really didn't want it to change appearances everytime a player changes its clothes, then there should be some type of 1 ttime permanent option that locks Greninja's form change to a certain clothing of the player in-game. This is a demo, and while even that's even no excuse, I hope there is some kind of valid explanation for this OR that it's changed prior to the game's full release.

EDIT: You can transfer it to your full game, which confirms that inconsistency and bad execution will remain. What bad attempt at justification do they have planned via the demo version?? Evidently you don't control as Ash in this special demo version. No climate, atmosphere, weather change or even trade from Ash himself, can ever actually justify why another trainer can access AG SEAMLESSLY in-gameplay EITHER. It's not like we are being given AG in its AG form (thus that'd an exception you pretty much can't negate), we've been given a Greninja who in real time syncs with its avatar trainer - who is not Ash - to create AG.

That flipping animation when it comes out its water vortex though ._. But I don't know why they chose to have the Giant Water Shuriken be waved based to. Obviously it should change to a powerful 1 hitting stage attack. Some very weird mechanical executions with AG.

EDIT 2: Think it's an interesting subject that the new items known as Z Rings are also able to make a Pokemon Mega Evolve. Pretty sure the Mega Stones (or another parallel opposite like power source - Z Crystals) are still required, but what im awed at is how this would work and be explained. It would seem Z Rings are compatible with Mega Stones as (Z Rings can cause Mega Evolution) but a Z Crystal should obviously not cause Mega Evolution, period. So with this, then the energy is either the same as the Keystones or from something else. The mechanic has to be just as incredible or higher to that of infinite energy however because of obvious reasons. There's just so many questions and potential possibilities.

Edited by Mar

Also it announces a demo for Sun and Moon being released on Oct 18 

Also, don't forget to download Keldeo on your 6th gen games.

Well, I need to go home soon then. The wi-fi at college can't let handhelds connect to the internet.

Also, I'm still waiting for some new Mega Evolutions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...