Original version of RCR (no DX) still available?

Bizzy_Montana_

Hi guys,

I just bought the DX version via the PS Store.  In addition, I was unable to find the normal  (no DX) version in the store. Just out of curiosity I took a look in the US store without finding this version either.

Has the first version been replaced by the DX version? Is there still a way to play the normal one? On ebay, I was unable to find a physical copy of the first version.

Greetings from Germany!

Bizzy_Montana_

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

In XMB, try going to Playstation network > account management > transactions > downloadlist.

You might still be able to find it there.

On 27-2-2016 at 7:22 PM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hi guys,

I just bought the DX version via the PS Store.  In addition, I was unable to find the normal  (no DX) version in the store. Just out of curiosity I took a look in the US store without finding this version either.

Has the first version been replaced by the DX version? Is there still a way to play the normal one? On ebay, I was unable to find a physical copy of the first version.

Greetings from Germany!

Bizzy_Montana_

On 2-2-2018 at 4:16 PM, skateak said:

It looks like if you got the PS+ version and then bought the DX version, it erases the PS+ version. Now I have a game I can never buy and never 100%.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 02/02/2018 at 10:16 AM, skateak said:

It looks like if you got the PS+ version and then bought the DX version, it erases the PS+ version. Now I have a game I can never buy and never 100%.

I think the original was missing from store even if someone owned the original. I just rebought it myself on vita due to not finding my original copy when I searched. I'll try the transaction method myself in a little here when home to confirm if that works over not.

On 02/02/2018 at 3:16 PM, skateak said:

You mean the PS3/Vita original vanishes if you got the latest PS4 version? If so, that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, skateak said:

On Vita? Last I looked, I couldn't find it in my download list. Only the DX version.

Yep, on Vita. Just checked it and it's there.

It could be different between an actual license and a PS+ license though, as the latter sometimes behave a bit weirdly. I purchased the game when it originally came out and didn't get it via PS+, but I could see there being some weird thing where the permanent DX license overrides the PS+ license of the original or something.

Edited by IDiivil

https://imgshare.io/image/15665130701936479205764261072181.EYeOt

Yeah it definitely still works there's a pic of vista's download list still there way back from 2012

On 02/02/2018 at 10:16 AM, skateak said:

I think the original was missing from store even if someone owned the original. I just rebought it myself on vita due to not finding my original copy when I searched. I'll try the transaction method myself in a little here when home to confirm if that works over not.

• 2 years later...