Speedrun Trophy Guide

AwesomeNick94

Here's my best attempt at a sub 25 minute run, coming in at 24'04".

You've gotta be pretty close to world record time on Ninja Senki DX in order to get this trophy, so if I were you I'd pick a run you'd like to emulate, and perform as flawlessly as you possibly can. I died a few times, and definitely could've played it a bit less safe to speed things up, so you could even beat my time. If you do, maybe record the run, and post it here!

• 11 months later...
On 2/27/2016 at 7:37 PM, AwesomeNick94 said:

Here's my best attempt at a sub 25 minute run, coming in at 24'04".

You've gotta be pretty close to world record time on Ninja Senki DX in order to get this trophy, so if I were you I'd pick a run you'd like to emulate, and perform as flawlessly as you possibly can. I died a few times, and definitely could've played it a bit less safe to speed things up, so you could even beat my time. If you do, maybe record the run, and post it here!

Solid run man! I finally pulled of a 23:45 run! I had one intentional death on the dragon boss cause i had only 1 life left. Other than that i had a perfect lucky run. I don't know but i think its a new WR :) Sadly i played it on the VITA so i couldn't record the run. I like how my first attempt was 26:30, then 25:30 and 20 attempts later i get a sub 24 run. Now my thump needs some rest haha :D

I did this trophy close to last. For those who are aiming to get it, I'd recommend that you Gold Medal the Boss Rush mode and Speed Run challenges first. By then you'll be very familiar with everything the game throws at you.

It took me three attempts to get it done. The first one was something like 43 minutes, the second 26m50s and the third 24m51s with two accidental deaths along the way. I tallied my times without the deaths and I came in at 23m50s. That being said, there's room for some error, but you may as well go for the no-death challenge at the same time. I didn't find that intentional deaths were needed.

Edit: I also played it on the Vita, which I found a lot easier than on the PS4. I blame the controls, maybe wireless latency, but the Vita's click-like controls seem to serve me better for twitch games.

That being said, the time does not continue if you pause the game or sleep the Vita. While you should be familiar with all stages by the time you attempt this, you could always play the PS4 version along side the Vita version so that you know what to expect for each stage or screen you come into.

Edited by DeadStanley

6 hours ago, RazorKaos said:

I kinda feel like I will never get this one.

I always feel that way. I get too anxious, especially toward the end, and then I'll make a noob mistake. The no death challenge was tough for me because I always hit those side spikes on the platforms you climb up on the last stage.

One thing to remember is you don't need to be the world's fastest. People have done it before you and if they can do it why can't you. Like anything else it comes down to motivation, preparation, and practice.

I never thought I'd be able to be successful with speed run or no death trophies, but I made it a goal to do at least one. Once you actually do it, there's no greater feeling of accomplishment, and it kind of opens the door for you to attempt similar challenges in other games. The game is short enough. I'd stick with it. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/16/2017 at 7:46 PM, dwproject said:

Solid run man! I finally pulled of a 23:45 run! I had one intentional death on the dragon boss cause i had only 1 life left. Other than that i had a perfect lucky run. I don't know but i think its a new WR :) Sadly i played it on the VITA so i couldn't record the run. I like how my first attempt was 26:30, then 25:30 and 20 attempts later i get a sub 24 run. Now my thump needs some rest haha :D

I got the exact same time after about 50 tries! If that really is a WR I wish I would have recorded it.

Edited by chadhunt1984

• 2 months later...