Dousing the Fire trophy not unlocking

helloiamniven

As you can see in the title, the trophy 'Dousing the Fire' for beating Zalamander in the Thunder Plains isn't popping. After it didn't pop the first time I reloaded a save and tried again, but no luck. Anyone here have any ideas about this? It's the PS4 version, if that's at all relevant.

EDIT: OKAAAAAY. Something weird's gone on here. I read that beating Zalamander in the fiend arena could unlock the trophy, so as i was going through some of the cups to reach it, I unlocked the Founder trophy, for defeating Trema. I'm a tad confused.

EDIT #2: If anyone else happens to have this problem, i can confirm you can resolve it by fighting Zalamander in the fiend arena. I did it just before the story fight, so I don't know if that'd matter or not, like if it wouldn't unlock afterwards or something. You can unlock it in the Grand Cup: Hard, and it's called Roughneck.

Edited by helloiamniven

That is really strange. It is a story related trophy, there shouldn't be any requisite to get it besides beating the boss. I'm on the Vita version and got it just fine. Maybe you could beat the boss and finish the chapter, forcing the game to "understand" that you must have the trophy.

Also, I'm very interested to know the specifics on how you got the Founder trophy at the fiend arena...

My only guess is that it unlocked when you triggered something that made it check if you just earned a trophy. Never did do this game, so I really don't know, but judging by the image, I guess there's at least one battle related trophy "count" that got activated and it checked if you had earned some trophy. :S

Edited by MMDE

My only guess is that it unlocked when you triggered something that made it check if you just earned a trophy. Never did do this game, so I really don't know, but judging by the image, I guess there's at least one battle related trophy "count" that got activated and it checked if you had earned some trophy. :S

Probably a glitch (a good one, really), because he just got the trophy for beating the superboss of the game before it was even available to be fought.  

Gotta take a few rounds at the fiend arena myself to see if I am lucky too...  :lol:

not gonna lie, pretty jealous of you getting founder.

That trophy made me give up on further completing the trophies.

yeah, it was definitely fortituous. i looked into it a bit more into it and mine isn't the only incident of this happening - see comment #14. maybe there's some way of engineering it to happen? not sure.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/final-fantasy-x-2-hd-ps3-vita/trophy/77678-Founder.html