Can I earn trophies in PS4 while being offline?

Pottercito_

another feature missing on PS4, which is available on PSVita + PS3. superstupid indeed. im kind of glad that i haven't made the jump to next gen yet. i'll upgrade eventually when PS4 is capable of doing everything PS3 + PSVita can do, as if that'll ever happen xD

I still go back to the PS3 to access its great library. Besides, the leap from PS3 to PS4 doesn't seem as significant as say, the one from PS1 to PS2, for example... Unless you want to get technical enough to impress the average layman. 

Another utterly pointless decision by Sony.  How does that make any sense whatsoever?!

Allow me to rephrase the slimy character Mel's dialogue during a pivotal scene in the film Scarface (1983): "I told Sony. It didn't make any sense, clipping the consumers when the PS3 had a nice feature working for them..."

*Band of irritated PS4 owners shove their PlayStation Move wands up Sony's collective ass.

Don't forget that we'll always need to be online to sync trophies, if that's any consolation.

Edited by AdventCloud7

No one is saying that, Javier. It does suck though. 

CaTofWaRxMiKu04 said "I'm glad I haven't got any PS4 yet lol, since I mostly play offline"

JFthebestJan said "im kind of glad that i haven't made the jump to next gen yet. i'll upgrade eventually when PS4 is capable of doing everything PS3 + PSVita can do"

but well i might have misunderstood them.

CaTofWaRxMiKu04 said "I'm glad I haven't got any PS4 yet lol, since I mostly play offline"

JFthebestJan said "im kind of glad that i haven't made the jump to next gen yet. i'll upgrade eventually when PS4 is capable of doing everything PS3 + PSVita can do"

but well i might have misunderstood them.

They're just glad that they don't have to deal with that feature yet. No hate on the console, lol. 

i know they aren't hating on it, what i meant is that it was a factor that made them less interested into buying one for now, but well let's drop it so they don't close this thread like with the other one lol

I get what you mean, Javier. I got your back. I agree, let's drop it. :D

There is other problem. For example, when Im offline because I lost connection and try play games in ps4 I have a stupid code error, and I figure out I need go to Web configurations and uncheck the option which connect to psn, some like that, for play. It's a huge problem, we don't read anything about it.

If it prevents hacking, I have no problem with it. It's just a shame that offline players like yourself have to suffer because of hackers. 

Yeah well I guess it'll be a permanent feature for the PS4 , well that blows.  :yay: But I think it's fair enough so that hackers won't be able to hack at all but offline gamers would suffer for it lol. Oh well  :dunno:

• 10 months later...
On 1/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, ShaunDCameron said:

Actually, yes you can. The only caveat is that you will only be allowed to see PS4 trophies and you can't sync them. I discovered it when my PS4 got disconnected yesterday. 

PS4 has been patched/updated.  Take a look at this thread date, it was over a year ago.