Chapter 7 game breaking bug help?

alibomayeezy

So I've been playing Wolfenstein on Uber, and got to chapter 7. Everything was going completely normally (getting collectibles, cutscenes, dialogue, etc,) but one of the things you need to do in order to finish the level is to talk to Fergus in order for him to give you a key to the archives room. However, instead of the normal blue indicator thing on Fergus' door it says locked, meaning I can't get to Fergus, which means I can't finish the level/progress at all. I tried restarting the checkpoint, and restarting the level. Both times his door was still locked. I'm guessing whatever keeps track of all the collectibles in the game also kept track that I didn't go to Fergus' room, which would mean this glitch would never fix since the game always remembers once you've gotten the collectibles in the chapter. The only other objective is to find all of Max's toys, but one of his toys is in Fergus' room, meaning I can't finish that part of the chapter either. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a chapter select in the game, and if so should I use that? Should I just try restarting the checkpoint/level and hope that it eventually works? Of course there's always starting a new game, but I'll try anything I can before that just because I'm playing on UBER and already got all the collectibles up to this point. I think someone else posted a similar problem before on another website, but it seems their problem never got answered properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am playing Wolfy now too. I am on chapter 6 on Uber just now. I think you are safe if you just restart the chapter through chapter select. In the main menu you have that option, be sure to select the timeline you are playing.

If that doesn't work, maybe try to play from chapter 6? I know the pain man, the hangar on Uber is not fun. Hope you can solve it.