Is There Any One Interested In This ?!

dark69knight

Not exactly . I still have to play RE 6 on my backlog only tried The first minutes of a coop campaign with a friend and got killed by how awful The camera is divided in two , so stupid it can't be changeb unfortunately.

The first time i played RE6 .... i was killed by train !

I don't know what is worse xD

• 2 weeks later...

I was all for defending this games trophy list until I started on the DLC trophies.

This games multiplayer deserves to die in a fire.  

Stop putting competitive multiplayer in Resident Evil Capcom!!  It doesn't need it. Just spend those resources making the single player campaign actually good again.

There.  Rant over.

• 2 months later...

Nope, game was shit. Had to push myself to finish it even once.

I might get it when it's super cheap, just for mercenaries mode though.

Mind explaining how the game is shit? Despite having responsive controls, a clear interface, awesome boss fights, a decent campaign length, and a fair amount of replay value for the medals and mercenary mode, stellar graphics and good voice acting? In all the times I played through it, I encountered maybe 6 bugs, none of which broke the game and were mostly visual hiccups. The music was fantastic and the game provided a pretty fair challenge, co-op or not. 

Edited by Rin Kagamine

Mind explaining how the game is shit? Despite having responsive controls, a clear interface, awesome boss fights, a decent campaign length, and a fair amount of replay value for the medals and mercenary mode, stellar graphics and good voice acting? In all the times I played through it, I encountered maybe 6 bugs, none of which broke the game and were mostly visual hiccups. The music was fantastic and the game provided a pretty fair challenge, co-op or not. 

the game received mixed to bad critics from reviewers, it didn't surpassed capcom's sales expectations, it was criticized by fans of the franchise for being another mindless action shooter that didn't had any of the survival horror that the franchise was known for. i mean if you go to any forum 90% of players says it fails as both a resident evil game and as an action game.

there's a reason why the -survival horror- resident evil remake remaster got so much success on sales (it became the fastest and best digital game from capcom on the ps store), why they also decided to remaster resident evil 0 which also sold pretty well, why they are developing a remake of resident evil 2 after the high demand from its fans wanting survival horror and not action games, why the umbrella corps's trailer has thousands of dislikes and from what i have been seeing it didn't sold that well and people have reported that is hard to find matches some times, and finally why they are going back to survival horror with resident evil 7.

bottom line: currently survival horror's resident evil games are giving capcom more money while the action's resident evil games are failing with sales and only receiving bad feedback and bad reviews.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Interested and keen to help if anybody needs it. The reason why my PS4 Resident Evil 6 list isn't complete yet is because I am waiting for my best friend to pick it up. I want to finish my list with him, in case you were wondering "why is he offering help when he needs it himself". :)

Because it tried to be horror and action, but failed in mixing them together. Leon's section was their attempt at horror. Yet it still had massive explosions, giant bosses, and tons of QTEs. The other 2 sections were both over the top action movies. I'm fine with Resident Evil being action, as long as it's somewhat toned down (like RE5). RE6 should've just done what RE5 did, or make all 3 sections like Leon's. Instead, we got 1 good part and 2 boring parts. This game was a chore to go through, and I only finished it because I was doing co-op with my brother.

I also disagree with the "awesome" boss fights. Shooting all your ammo into a giant disfigured blob monster for 10 minutes is not really what I consider awesome.

Yes, it is a polished game. The graphics are fine (though graphics don't matter to me). The voice acting was fine. Much like other games, it's pretty but boring. Mercenary mode was fun. But then I played RE: Revelations and Raid mode puts it to shame. So the one thing this game had going for me, has already been replaced with a superior game. This is just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Because it tried to be horror and action, but failed in mixing them together. Leon's section was their attempt at horror. Yet it still had massive explosions, giant bosses, and tons of QTEs. The other 2 sections were both over the top action movies. I'm fine with Resident Evil being action, as long as it's somewhat toned down (like RE5). RE6 should've just done what RE5 did, or make all 3 sections like Leon's. Instead, we got 1 good part and 2 boring parts. This game was a chore to go through, and I only finished it because I was doing co-op with my brother.

I also disagree with the "awesome" boss fights. Shooting all your ammo into a giant disfigured blob monster for 10 minutes is not really what I consider awesome.

Yes, it is a polished game. The graphics are fine (though graphics don't matter to me). The voice acting was fine. Much like other games, it's pretty but boring. Mercenary mode was fun. But then I played RE: Revelations and Raid mode puts it to shame. So the one thing this game had going for me, has already been replaced with a superior game. This is just my opinion though.

Now I understand better why you disliked the game. I appreciate when people try to give me an in-depth reason as to why they dislike something, and I like that you acknowledged its strengths. Thanks for the reply and not bashing me for my opinion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

the game received mixed to bad critics from reviewers, it didn't surpassed capcom's sales expectations, it was criticized by fans of the franchise for being another mindless action shooter that didn't had any of the survival horror that the franchise was known for. i mean if you go to any forum 90% of players says it fails as both a resident evil game and as an action game.

there's a reason why the -survival horror- resident evil remake remaster got so much success on sales (it became the fastest and best digital game from capcom on the ps store), why they also decided to remaster resident evil 0 which also sold pretty well, why they are developing a remake of resident evil 2 after the high demand from its fans wanting survival horror and not action games, why the umbrella corps's trailer has thousands of dislikes and from what i have been seeing it didn't sold that well and people have reported that is hard to find matches some times, and finally why they are going back to survival horror with resident evil 7.

bottom line: currently survival horror's resident evil games are giving capcom more money while the action's resident evil games are failing with sales and only receiving bad feedback and bad reviews.

it got mixed reviews for not being a survival horror game and because they got there hopes down if you look at any objective reviewer they gave it a decent score or a good one so your point is invalid both re4 and 5 had way more action than survival horror so you cant use that as a excuse 90% of players are dumb because they are the same people who love re 4 which started the whole mess.

re6 sold the second best in the franchises history so again point is invalid on whether or not the remake and 0 cash grabs made lots of money..umbrella corps is not even close to re6 its more alike to operation raccoon city  horror is not returning in 7 its a façade

bottom line: the action games are where Capcom gets there money 5 and 6 are there highest sellers re5 being #1 and re 6 being somewhere close behind

• 2 months later...

I'm fairly new to the franchise, and lately I've completed 5 in co-op, 4, and currently playing 1 and Revelations 2, and I wanted to try this one as well. Judging by the first chapter, it is by far the worst. I had to wait for ages to control the game properly, even then it is such a weird, floaty nothingness, I can just run past anything. On normal difficulty, I can literally feel no fear, tension, or the stakes of combat. I really miss the effect of having the screen showing how badly I'm hurt. Enemy responses, attack patterns, damage areas are very unclear and confusing. Dialogue is missing the fun campiness, the music is atrociously loud and there are no real quiet moments to build tension or a decent pacing.

I can see some innovations here and there, but this is just lazy game design. Concurrently playing Revelations 2, and it is soooo much better.

(I don't mind an action game, so I'm not criticizing because it isn't like the other ones, or that it's lacking horror... but it's a mess.)

Edited by fbdbh