Max Payne 1 Trophy List revealed (PS4)

smellslikejavier

http://www.exophase.com/game/max-payne-ps4/trophies/

(thanks to Akira Fox for the link)

CxlZIOl.png

5LlqwRV.png

No platinum sadly, but oh well, what do you think about the trophy list?

-------------

This game got leaked for the PS4 some months ago on a rating site, and it appeared yesterday in the European PS blog with a release date of 1st March, but it was later took down from it: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35494-max-payne-1-coming-to-ps4-today/

Maybe it will be released next week then? I don't know

-------------

What PS2 game do you want to see on PS4? go here -> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 4

Yeah too bad about the plat thing, it would have been a great incentive for me to get it day one, now I'll just wait for a sale since I already played the game many times before.

It's weird how games like Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy had a plat but not this one, I don't know if its because they have more content and a bigger world or something.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Not just Dark Cloud and Rogue Legacy, but a lot of PS2 games rereleased on PS4 have them. Anyone know if this is the first one that doesn't? Hopefully, it's not a growing trend.. I don't buy games solely for trophies, either, but it's a nice added incentive.

Actually games like Parappa the Rapper 2, Puzzle Quest, Fantavision, War of the Monsters, the Star Wars games, Twisted Metal Black didn't came with a plat either.

So it seems that a game have to be rather "big" for it to get a plat apparently.

PS.: I misspelled Rogue Galaxy and typed "Legacy" instead lol

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 3

Not just Dark Cloud and Rogue Legacy, but a lot of PS2 games rereleased on PS4 have them. Anyone know if this is the first one that doesn't? Hopefully, it's not a growing trend.. I don't buy games solely for trophies, either, but it's a nice added incentive.

There are plenty of the PS2 emulations that don't have plats. Fantavision, the 4 Star Wars ones, PaRappa and some others that I can't remember.

There are plenty of the PS2 emulations that don't have plats. Fantavision, the 4 Star Wars ones, PaRappa and some others that I can't remember.

Actually games like Parappa the Rapper 2, Puzzle Quest, Fantavision, War of the Monsters, the Star Wars games, Twisted Metal Black didn't came with a plat either.

So it seems that a game have to be rather "big" for it to get a plat apparently.

I guess I just haven't been paying close enough attention, then. :/ Wasn't even aware Black was on PS4.

PS.: I misspelled Rogue Galaxy and typed "Legacy" instead lol

Lol. I own the PS2 version of the game, and didn't catch it either. ^^'
  • Like 1

I wish someone would leak Sony's actual trophy guidelines/rules/commands so there would be less bickering and we would know why games do or don't have a plat.

I'm pretty sure they just throw darts at pictures of the games. If they miss, it doesn't get a Plat. :P And it could very well be that way. Maybe the developer decides, I don't know.

But how else can you explain it? Can't be price. Taco Master and Dokuro are 2 off the top of my head that are $3 each and have Plats. Length? Surely, a lot of these PS2 games are longer than Taco Master and that Hitman game half the site has Platted recently. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason.

I'm pretty sure they just throw darts at pictures of the games. If they miss, it doesn't get a Plat. :P And it could very well be that way. Maybe the developer decides, I don't know.

But how else can you explain it? Can't be price. Taco Master and Dokuro are 2 off the top of my head that are $3 each and have Plats. Length? Surely, a lot of these PS2 games are longer than Taco Master and that Hitman game half the site has Platted recently. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Sony absolutely has trophy requirements for developers, who must follow them. It's definitely not random. I'm sure Sony regards trophy followers as a (very) vocal (tiny) minority and so hasn't spent more than a brief moment explaining them when first introduced.

• Like 1

I am going to play Devils Advocate here, but I don't think this is the trophy list, or at least not the full trophy list. I could very well be wrong. All of R* games thats been emulated to ps4 has a platinum, granted GTA is overall a bigger game, but there is plenty to do in Max Payne to warrant 30+ trophies and a platinum. I also did a quick internet search and couldn't find anyone else saying that the trophy list has been leaked. I mean beating it on 3 different modes for 12 trophies just doesn't seem right. On a side note does anyone know if Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne will then be emulated later to ps4?

I am going to play Devils Advocate here, but I don't think this is the trophy list, or at least not the full trophy list. I could very well be wrong. All of R* games thats been emulated to ps4 has a platinum, granted GTA is overall a bigger game, but there is plenty to do in Max Payne to warrant 30+ trophies and a platinum. I also did a quick internet search and couldn't find anyone else saying that the trophy list has been leaked. I mean beating it on 3 different modes for 12 trophies just doesn't seem right. On a side note does anyone know if Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne will then be emulated later to ps4?

i hope that would be true, but when a trophy list gets leaked most of the time is always the final version of it, so i don't think this list is incomplete, i really wish it was but i don't think that would happen.

i think is very possible that max payne 2 might come to ps4 since it appears that sony made a deal with rockstar or something to release many of their ps2 games on ps4, but to make that happen we need to keep supporting and buying this ps4's versions, i know that maybe some people aren't happy with having to buy this ps2 versions on ps4 but is that or nothing, because if they stop earning profits from it i don't think they are going to follow the BC route and they will probably just stop with the ps2 emulation altogether.

so currently it seems that this emulation thing is being successful and that's why sony keeps re-releasing ps2 games, let's just make sure they keep doing it.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Sony absolutely has trophy requirements for developers, who must follow them. It's definitely not random. I'm sure Sony regards trophy followers as a (very) vocal (tiny) minority and so hasn't spent more than a brief moment explaining them when first introduced.

I'm sure they do have some rules, but they could leave it up to the developers to decide how many trophies/if they want to program in a Platinum up to them. In which case, it would end up looking random, when it's really the developer's choice(unless it's a case, where Sony says they can't have one for some reason). And I'm sure both parties would never admit to that, if it were true, 'cause the developers would most likely take the heat. 

I'm sure they do have some rules, but they could leave it up to the developers to decide how many trophies/if they want to program in a Platinum up to them. In which case, it would end up looking random, when it's really the developer's choice(unless it's a case, where Sony says they can't have one for some reason). And I'm sure both parties would never admit to that, if it were true, 'cause the developers would most likely take the heat. 

There have been developers who *have* said they were not allowed to put a platinum in their games. There is no need to speculate, it's out there.

i hope that would be true, but when a trophy list gets leaked most of the time is always the final version of it, so i don't think this list is incomplete, i really wish it was but i don't think that would happen.

i think is very possible that max payne 2 might come to ps4 since it appears that sony made a deal with rockstar or something to release many of their ps2 games on ps4, but to make that happen we need to keep supporting and buying this ps4's versions, i know that maybe some people aren't happy with having to buy this ps2 versions on ps4 but is that or nothing, because if they stop earning profits from it i don't think they are going to follow the BC route and they will probably just stop with the ps2 emulation altogether.

so currently it seems that this emulation thing is being successful and that's why sony keeps re-releasing ps2 games, let's just make sure they keep doing it.

Yeah, and if it is the final version of the trophy list then it goes to show how little R* cares about its games other than GTA. It seems like they would go out of their way to please GTA fans while giving little to no thought with its fans outside of GTA games. In my opinion they ruined Max Payne with the 3rd one. But I hope I am right, although you are right with what you said too. They also need to make an emulation of Bully too!

• Like 1

Yeah, and if it is the final version of the trophy list then it goes to show how little R* cares about its games other than GTA. It seems like they would go out of their way to please GTA fans while giving little to no thought with its fans outside of GTA games. In my opinion they ruined Max Payne with the 3rd one. But I hope I am right, although you are right with what you said too. They also need to make an emulation of Bully too!

that's right! i really hope to see vice city stories, liberty city stories and bully on ps4, and something tells me that those 3 games will have a platinum for sure lol

the only difference is that they didn't made max payne 1 and 2 i think, they were made by remedy if i'm correct and they just published them, so i don't know if that has something to do with the platinum but probably not.