Max Payne 1 Trophy List revealed (PS4)

smellslikejavier

that's right! i really hope to see vice city stories, liberty city stories and bully on ps4, and something tells me that those 3 games will have a platinum for sure lol

the only difference is that they didn't made max payne 1 and 2 i think, they were made by remedy if i'm correct and they just published them, so i don't know if that has something to do with the platinum but probably not.

Thats true. They should have let Remedy make the 3rd one. I hate R* other than a few games if you couldn't tell. LOL 

• Like 1

Sony absolutely has trophy requirements for developers, who must follow them. It's definitely not random. I'm sure Sony regards trophy followers as a (very) vocal (tiny) minority and so hasn't spent more than a brief moment explaining them when first introduced.

Of course they have requirements. The thing is this trophy list is just plain lazy when you consider the achievements from the mobile social club site they could have used.

i hope that would be true, but when a trophy list gets leaked most of the time is always the final version of it, so i don't think this list is incomplete, i really wish it was but i don't think that would happen.

Maybe thats why the original announcement was taken down because people were unhappy about it and are improving? Trophy lists can be changed so its a possibility 

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Of course they have requirements. The thing is this trophy list is just plain lazy when you consider the achievements from the mobile social club site they could have used.

Maybe thats why the original announcement was taken down because people were unhappy about it and are improving? Trophy lists can be changed so its a possibility 

but that doesn't make sense, wasn't this trophy list leaked after they took it down? at least i didn't see it on the site that morning.

they probably just messed up with the announcement and they were supposed to release it next week, or they wanted to see people's reactions about more ps2 games, i don't know there could be many possibilities, or since it takes nearly 2 months to implement trophies according to some sony employee on twitter then maybe they did a poor trophy list so they could release it earlier, which i hope isn't the case.

personally i never saw a trophy list get changed after it got leaked, but i might be clueless myself and maybe that happened before i don't know.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Sony absolutely has trophy requirements for developers, who must follow them. It's definitely not random. I'm sure Sony regards trophy followers as a (very) vocal (tiny) minority and so hasn't spent more than a brief moment explaining them when first introduced.

It's not random, but it sure seems arbitrary. I do believe Sony has the final say, but they also clearly don't have a consistent set of rules. There are tons of sub-10 hour platinum games. Others are much longer but have apparently been told they couldn't have a platinum. There certainly seems to be no clear logic to the decision.

I recently chatted with one of the Velocity 2x Devs on twitter. Was curious as to why their latest DLC pack had no trophies. He said they had trophies planned and submitted them with the upgrade patch, but were told by Sony they couldn't add trophies as the DLC was free.

I have no reason to believe he was lying, but certainly DriveClub and the latest NFS have both had free DLC with trophies.

Sony just seems to have different rules for different games. Random? Probably not. Arbitrary? Sure seems like it :)

• Like 2

I thought people would pay money to play the game, not to buy the trophy list.

Sure, but arguably the only difference between this and the PS2 version is the trophies. If it is a horrible trophy list what is the reason to buy it again huh?

They have to give us a reason to buy it again.

I wish someone would leak Sony's actual trophy guidelines/rules/commands so there would be less bickering and we would know why games do or don't have a plat.

Their policy is bullshit. They can't tell me with a serious face a fucking Hitman Go deserves a platinum, but this doesn't.

• Like 1

I thought people would pay money to play the game, not to buy the trophy list.

Same. I've seen a few members in this site recently saying that they would only buy 'Resident Evil 4'  for the PS4 IF ONLY they added a platinum trophy to the game this time around lol

Edited by The Flopmaster

Their policy is bullshit. They can't tell me with a serious face a fucking Hitman Go deserves a platinum, but this doesn't.

I prefer Sony's random policy over Xbox where every game gets 1000Gs no matter how small it may be. Not every game can have a platinum.

Same. I've seen a few members in this site recently saying that they would only buy 'Resident Evil 4'  for the PS4 IF ONLY they added a platinum trophy to the game this time around lol

It's going to get the same list that is on PS3. Resident Evil 6 is the same list. But I'm sure people will still be upset over something that should've been known.

• Like 2

Sure, but arguably the only difference between this and the PS2 version is the trophies. If it is a horrible trophy list what is the reason to buy it again huh?

They have to give us a reason to buy it again.

1080p resolution, streaming capabilities, remote play, second screen option (depends on the game)...

this is like remasters in general, they aren't aimed at people who have already played them, they are aimed at those who didn't.

the people that i have seen saying that were people who already played it so the platinum trophy is pretty much the only incentive they have to buy it again.

personally i have already played RE4 thousands of times, it would be fun to play it again if they add a platinum because i will have fun getting it, but if it doesn't have one i don't see the reason to buy it again, at least i'll wait for a sale.

1080p resolution, streaming capabilities, remote play, second screen option (depends on the game)...

this is like remasters in general, they aren't aimed at people who have already played them, they are aimed at those who didn't.

the people that i have seen saying that were people who already played it so the platinum trophy is pretty much the only incentive they have to buy it again.

No need to start this again. I said "arguably" because people have different opinions  :)

This is an old game so Sony would have (or should have) expected a lot of people to have already played it. You would think that they would target a wider audience. 

Edited by Gibbo_0113

No need to start this again. I said "arguably" because people have different opinions  :)

This is an old game so Sony would have (or should have) expected a lot of people to have already played it. You would think that they would target a wider audience. 

yeah but it's the same with every other ps2 game, even if they are old they are still being successful at sales because either those people haven't played it or they are playing them again just for nostalgia purposes or better resolution, or they like trophies in general and doesn't care much about the platinum, or they weren't able to play or get them anywhere else, i don't know there are many possibilities.

or maybe just because the trophy hunter community its a minority they didn't thought it would make much difference on sales with or without a platinum, but something still tells me that maybe they wanted to release it earlier so they could release another highly requested ps2 game like this one and they scrapped the platinum thing because it would have taken more time to implement and test.

It's going to get the same list that is on PS3. Resident Evil 6 is the same list. But I'm sure people will still be upset over something that should've been known.

RE6 trophy list is the same because it already has a platinum so there's not much else you can change, but there were some games that didn't had a platinum trophy earlier but they got them afterwards, broken sword 5 and back to the future comes to mind right now.

• Like 1

or maybe just because the trophy hunter community its a minority they didn't thought it would make much difference on sales with or without a platinum, but something still tells me that maybe they wanted to release it earlier so they could release another highly requested game like this one and they scrapped the platinum thing because it would have taken more time to implement and test.

Yeah i agree i think they were trying to cut corners which is not cool. I remember Sony or maybe it was Rockstar saying that they were working together for the trophies for GTA and they turned out great. It appears that they did not help with these.   

yeah but it's the same with every other ps2 game, even if they are old they are still being successful at sales because either those people haven't played it or they are playing them again just for nostalgia purposes or better resolution, or they like trophies in general and doesn't care much about the platinum, or they weren't able to play or get them anywhere else, i don't know there are many possibilities.

or maybe just because the trophy hunter community its a minority they didn't thought it would make much difference on sales with or without a platinum, but something still tells me that maybe they wanted to release it earlier so they could release another highly requested ps2 game like this one and they scrapped the platinum thing because it would have taken more time to implement and test.

RE6 trophy list is the same because it already has a platinum so there's not much else you can change, but there were some games that didn't had a platinum trophy earlier but they got them afterwards, broken sword 5 and back to the future comes to mind right now.

Not that true, Trine 2, Dead Nation and DmC. All games that have PS3 platinums already but the list were changed. Back to the Future already has a platinum on PS3. And Broken Sword 5 is a complete game unlike the the Vita list that separates both episodes. Much like PixalJunk 1 & 2(both 100% list) are bundled together to make PixalJunk Ultimate that has a platinum.

So its clear that if RE6 is a copy paste list with no changes, than RE 4 & 5 will be no different.

Edited by Suicide_Tortuga

Yeah i agree i think they were trying to cut corners which is not cool. I remember Sony or maybe it was Rockstar saying that they were working together for the trophies for GTA and they turned out great. It appears that they did not help with these.   

that's right, but well this is all speculation, and it's weird because max payne got leaked on january i think so they had nearly 2 months to make the trophy emulation, unless there were some other corporate problem things that prevented the trophies to be added until some time after, thus leaving less time for them.

so many theories but we can't know which one is the truth lol

Not that true, Trine 2, Dead Nation and DmC. All games that have PS3 platinums already but the list were changed. Back to the Future already has a platinum on PS3. And Broken Sword 5 is a complete game unlike the the Vita list that separates both episodes. Much like PixalJunk 1 & 2(both 100% list) are bundled together to make PixalJunk Ultimate that has a platinum.

So its clear that if RE6 is a copy paste list with no changes, than RE 4 & 5 will be no different.

back to the future didn't had a platinum when it was first released, it got a platinum afterwards with its physical release.

games like the nathan drake collection also had changed trophy lists from its original ps3 releases but that was because they deleted the online trophies and they had to add some other ones, and since RE6 is apparently keeping its online mode i don't think there was even a reason to change its trophy list.

we are going to have to wait and see...

• Like 1

that's right, but well this is all speculation, and it's weird because max payne got leaked on january i think so they had nearly 2 months to make the trophy emulation, unless there were some other corporate problem things that prevented the trophies to be added until some time after, thus leaving less time for them.

so may theories but we can't know which one is the truth lol

back to the future didn't had a platinum when it was first released, it got a platinum afterwards with its physical release.

games like the nathan drake collection also had changed trophy lists from its original ps3 releases but that was because they deleted the online trophies and they had to add some other ones, and since RE6 is apparently keeping its online mode i don't think there was even a reason to change its trophy list.

we are going to have to wait and see...

I know that, I platinum the game myself. But that might be due because Sony had a rule earlier on that all Retail games would require to have a platinum trophy when trophies became a thing. Well the games I listed had the listed (DmC & Dead Nation) changed so that dlc is in the base game trophy list. Plus RE 6 PS4 doesn't even say remastered/ definitive edition on the trophy list. Just a sign that it was copy pasted from PS3. But we'll see indeed.

I know that, I platinum the game myself. But that might be due because Sony had a rule earlier on that all Retail games would require to have a platinum trophy when trophies became a thing. Well the games I listed had the listed (DmC & Dead Nation) changed so that dlc is in the base game trophy list. Plus RE 6 PS4 doesn't even say remastered/ definitive edition on the trophy list. Just a sign that it was copy pasted from PS3. But we'll see indeed.

this whole trophy thing is very difficult to understand, because RE4 was released on physical for the PS3 on Japan and it still didn't had a plat.

it will get released on physical on north america this year, i don't know if since that country has a wider audience than japan they will maybe try and put a platinum this time, i don't know but for some reason something still tells me that we are maybe going to see it with a platinum this time, but oh well we'll still have to wait many months for the trophy list to get leaked.

this whole trophy thing is very difficult to understand, because RE4 was released on physical for the PS3 on Japan and it still didn't had a plat.

it will get released on physical on north america this year, i don't know if since that country has a wider audience than japan they will maybe try and put a platinum this time, i don't know but for some reason something still tells me that we are maybe going to see it with a platinum this time, but oh well we'll still have to wait many months for the trophy list to get leaked.

Correct me if im wrong but most if not all PSN only games had no platinum. So thats why RE4 had no platinum back then. Nowadays I do think it has a chance to have a platinum this time around. There are so many RE games on so many platforms i dont know where to start haha 

It's not random, but it sure seems arbitrary. I do believe Sony has the final say, but they also clearly don't have a consistent set of rules. There are tons of sub-10 hour platinum games. Others are much longer but have apparently been told they couldn't have a platinum. There certainly seems to be no clear logic to the decision.

I recently chatted with one of the Velocity 2x Devs on twitter. Was curious as to why their latest DLC pack had no trophies. He said they had trophies planned and submitted them with the upgrade patch, but were told by Sony they couldn't add trophies as the DLC was free.

I have no reason to believe he was lying, but certainly DriveClub and the latest NFS have both had free DLC with trophies.

Sony just seems to have different rules for different games. Random? Probably not. Arbitrary? Sure seems like it :)

You may be 100% correct, but it's also possible (and extremely likely) that -number of hours to reach platinum- isn't even a consideration. That measurement is completely subjective and highly unlikely to be answered with any accuracy on any type of checklist.

All this speculation is frustrating because I know it's pointless. Until someone leaks the actual information, we have tidbits of examples that just frustrate us more.

In the example for the V2x developer, all I can think of is the telegraph (telephone??) game. I don't know if kids still play it. Get a bunch of people in a row. Have the first person whisper a sentence in the ear of the next person. Continue down the line. By the end of the line, the sentence will be so horribly mangled, it will absolutely not resemble the original sentence. It's possible that Sony told them because it's free *and some other unknown requirements* it wasn't able to have trophies. Again, until we see the actual information all this is pointless.

I'm going to laugh if when the trophies for MP1 actually surface there is a platinum. 

Correct me if im wrong but most if not all PSN only games had no platinum. So thats why RE4 had no platinum back then. Nowadays I do think it has a chance to have a platinum this time around. There are so many RE games on so many platforms i dont know where to start haha 

actually there are many PSN digital-only games with a platinum, at the moment i only remember white night, everybody's gone to the rapture, geometry wars 3... unless you are talking about PSN games from many years ago which i'm not sure.

but yeah i hope they update its trophy list for this version, they might be porting the pc version to ps4 instead of the ps3 version, but again i don't know.

• Like 2

actually there are many PSN digital-only games with a platinum, at the moment i only remember white night, everybody's gone to the rapture, geometry wars 3... unless you are talking about PSN games from many years ago which i'm not sure.

but yeah i hope they update its trophy list for this version, they might be porting the pc version to ps4 instead of the ps3 version, but again i don't know.

Yeah i was talking about years ago which i cant think of any PSN only games had platinums.  :)

• Like 1

Interesting that there's no Platinum for this one. Is it really that short of a game? I mean 3 had a Plat.

I really hope Crash and Spyro (let's face it, there will be at least one Crash game on here I reckon with trophies) have Plats. 

Nah man plenty of PSN only games have Plats, but it was essentially in the early days of these HD releases that Capcom essentially treated them like PSN releases (though they did have 1000G on Xbox), which is a shame because 4,CV and the Chronicles games are all thoroughly deserving of them. I do love how they've essentially gone the other way now and have gone out of their way to make good trophy and achievement lists, so much so that I've seen them mentioned in mainstream reviews; something you almost never see barring meme lists like Avatar: The Burning Earth. 4 will likely have a Plat on PS4 though, I'd say. 

• Like 1

This game was so dope back in the day,i first played on the pc and then again and again,alongside with fall of max payne they are masterpieces,i m sure they deserve a better list,not because its a reason to play it but because a well thought list like in gta games will be super dope again...(and im pretty sure that the icons can be epic in this game)

• Like 1