Question about Sunspotter trophy

Ok so according to the trophy description, it says that I have to finish my matches with either 356 Super/Ultra combos. I have been farming the former with Akuma for about 3-4 days in a row, but the trophy has not popped yet.

The way that I am getting these is through the 1P vs. 2P method, but there's one thing I would like to inquire about. Since I am using this method, I make sure to finish my matches with a Super Combo, however I have my health at 100% every time, thus the result ends up as Perfect. Does the game register the match as a Perfect finish, or a Super Combo finish?

Edited by GarciaFever

It'll register as a Perfect unfortunately...

You can set yourself with a minor Handicap so you don't start off at 100% HP

Well **** my life. I've done over 200 matches with Super Combo finishes, but still register as Perfects. Thank you for the quick response.

• 1 year later...

How can you do Super Combo's when your life is 100%? You need to have a full (4 bars) super combo bar to perform a super combo, and I can only do them after both players are almost dead :) I'd like to know if there is a faster way.

After getting 50 super combos, doing ultras for the rest is a better way for me. Ultra meter is ready much earlier than the super meter.

14 minutes ago, emboliformis said:

How can you do Super Combo's when your life is 100%? You need to have a full (4 bars) super combo bar to perform a super combo, and I can only do them after both players are almost dead :) I'd like to know if there is a faster way.

After getting 50 super combos, doing ultras for the rest is a better way for me. Ultra meter is ready much earlier than the super meter.

Just use 2 controllers. P1 Punch P2 to low health, then P2 punch P1 untill P1's ultra/super bar is ready. P1 do ultra/super.

55 minutes ago, Ric said:

Just use 2 controllers. P1 Punch P2 to low health, then P2 punch P1 untill P1's ultra/super bar is ready. P1 do ultra/super.

Yeah that's what I meant. You have to beat both characters until your super combo is ready. I don't think it's possible to do a super combo when you aren't hit at all. That's why I asked if there was a faster way :)

• Like 1