Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ee28max

GTA 5 has overtaken CoD: MW3 in Top 5 Most Popular Games

15 posts in this topic

Grand Theft Auto V deserved to overtake Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in the Top 5 Most Popular Games

It is now on the 4th position.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Since it's release in 2010, How did Activision come across over 900,000 owners? I don't see how this game is fun. but I can tell that there are uncountable fans out there.
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Oh C'mon! Another CoD game It has over 815,000 owners. I can't really see why BO is better than MW. This game was released in 2009, has an easy plat, good game.
  3. Grand Theft Auto: IV - ROCKSTAR! it is one of my favourite companies. Hey, your fellow franchise is just behind you, if you don't get more owners, you'll find yourself on the 4th position. This game has over 790,000 owners. This game was released in 2008, the same year "PSN Trophies" were released. If you didn't have trophies, you'd still be good though.
  4. Grand Theft Auto: V - This game was released in 2013, just 5 years after IV was released. It finally overtook MW3 in T5MG. This game has over 776,850. Keep it up.
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - If this site had a developers' awards, Activision would've won. This game was released in 2011, has also 776,800 owners. This game was overtaken by GTA 5.

Are these stats for a particular country?

I thought the sales numbers were in the millions for some of these games...?

Grand Theft Auto V deserved to overtake Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in the Top 5 Most Popular Games

It is now on the 4th position.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Since it's release in 2010, How did Activision come across over 900,000 owners? I don't see how this game is fun. but I can tell that there are uncountable fans out there.
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Oh C'mon! Another CoD game It has over 815,000 owners. I can't really see why BO is better than MW. This game was released in 2009, has an easy plat, good game.
  3. Grand Theft Auto: IV - ROCKSTAR! it is one of my favourite companies. Hey, your fellow franchise is just behind you, if you don't get more owners, you'll find yourself on the 4th position. This game has over 790,000 owners. This game was released in 2008, the same year "PSN Trophies" were released. If you didn't have trophies, you'd still be good though.
  4. Grand Theft Auto: V - This game was released in 2013, just 5 years after IV was released. It finally overtook MW3 in T5MG. This game has over 776,850. Keep it up.
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - If this site had a developers' awards, Activision would've won. This game was released in 2011, has also 776,800 owners. This game was overtaken by GTA 5.

Ummm... "Most Popular" based on what? What are these statistics from? How do I verify it's legitimate? I don't enjoy either franchise, but I'm very curious when claims are made and like to check sources. You know what they say about statistics. 80% of the time, 50% of them are made up.

I am pretty sure the stats are based off of owners on this site.

Most likely these #'s are in the millions if accounting for all ps owners

Are these stats for a particular country?

I thought the sales numbers were in the millions for some of these games...?

It's based on the number of owners tracked on this site.

Ummm... "Most Popular" based on what? What are these statistics from? How do I verify it's legitimate? I don't enjoy either franchise, but I'm very curious when claims are made and like to check sources. You know what they say about statistics. 80% of the time, 50% of them are made up.

http://psnprofiles.com/games?order=owners

He's talking about the most popular games based on this site and how many users have placed these games into their consoles. 

http://psnprofiles.com/games

It's on the right hand side. 

I am pretty sure the stats are based off of owners on this site.

Most likely these #'s are in the millions if accounting for all ps owners

Well that sure as hell wasn't clear in the original post! 

You do realize that those numbers are just based on this site, right? PSNP doesn't track every account on PSN, therefore, this site is just a small sample size.

But as far as the popularity on this site, Blops is the most "owned" game and Activision kills in popularity. However, number of owners will be slightly inflated due to players with multiple accounts, but not enough to change the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see GTAV eventually become #1 on this site.

Black Ops 1 is number one because it is by far the best Call of Duty to date. 

I didn't include your opinions in OP, i just forgot. All of that, was meant for this site of course, not worldwide.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - If this site had a developers' awards, Activision would've won. This game was released in 2011, has also 776,800 owners. This game was overtaken by GTA 5.

You're a funny guy, keep up the jokes because Activision would not have won the developers award at all :P

if u include the ps4 version then gta 5 is technically the no.1  owned game on this site. ;)

Edited by Leenewbe

All those numbers on this site are only a small part of the real numbers out there. I wish there were full statistics out there somewhere :)

Example: Assassin's Creed III has 435.000 tracked owners here. I just checked my online rank ingame and I am rank 1.330.000 - and I've played through most modes and leveled up probably more than the average owner (who might as well never played MP at all - I didn't for a long time, too).

Or N++, which has two trophy lists and about 3.000 owners here - the ingame leaderboards go waaay beyond 100.000.

Or Pure Pool.

Or many others :)

Thats because GTA is the best series of all time :D  

GTA 60 million

Black Ops 26 million

Edited by Gibbo_0113

Really thought aabs animals would've been up there