Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sir_Bee

Is this game worth 30 dollars?

18 posts in this topic

I have only heard of this game today, but it looked kind of interesting. I then noticed it was 30 dollars. From what I saw, I was thinking it would be like Rainbow moon at $15 at most.

So I guess I am looking for peoples opinion if this game is worth the $30 price tag.

Edited by Sir_Bee

I have only heard of this game today, but it looked kind of interesting. I then noticed it was 30 dollars. From what I saw, I was thinking it would be like Rainbow moon at $15 at most.

So I guess I am looking for peoples opinion if this game is worth the $30 price tag.

I didn't buy it (yet?) but i really wanted to... it just reminded me of a free Android market game... i have a few RPGs on my phone that look almost identical so for now i figured i would pass it up... heck, maybe it will be one of those freebies or discounted for Plus members one day... I was expecting a $15 title as well

I hope to hear peoples opinion of the game as well...

Edited by piggie_pie

I didn't buy it (yet?) but i really wanted to... it just reminded me of a free Android market game... i have a few RPGs on my phone that look almost identical so for now i figured i would pass it up... heck, maybe it will be one of those freebies or discounted for Plus members one day... I was expecting a $15 title as well

I hope to hear peoples opinion of the game as well...

+1

also backlog is already full house

This is going to pain me to say, but I really don't think it's a $30 game (especially being released after RM). I'm a huge NIS fanboy but I think $20 should have been the price point. With this being said, it's still a very good game. I'm only about 3 hours in, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I like the story, the battle system is simplistic but works very well. The art style is very charming also. I know Piggie is a huge dungeon scrounger and this would be right up your alley. Very stat driven and it takes a while to really see whats going on. So $15 is a no brainer in my opinion.......$30 is a stretch.

This is going to pain me to say, but I really don't think it's a $30 game (especially being released after RM). I'm a huge NIS fanboy but I think $20 should have been the price point. With this being said, it's still a very good game. I'm only about 3 hours in, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I like the story, the battle system is simplistic but works very well. The art style is very charming also. I know Piggie is a huge dungeon scrounger and this would be right up your alley. Very stat driven and it takes a while to really see whats going on. So $15 is a no brainer in my opinion.......$30 is a stretch.

I was floored when it was $30. Really wanted to pick it up for $15. Reminds me of cladun. And im sure it has similarities. I just cant drop $30 on it.

Im sure i will grab it after a while... the backlog is heavy so im not in a rush but i would like to see the price drop a bit first... Im a NISA fanboy myself but there are limits... I buy the Limited Edition NISA titles that get ported but if it is on the store then i don't need to worry about it going away anytime soon

I was floored when it was $30. Really wanted to pick it up for $15. Reminds me of cladun. And im sure it has similarities. I just cant drop $30 on it.

Yes it looks like ClaDun, but I don't spend € 21 (26,30$) for a game in DD so easily, even for a kind of ClaDun japanese sequel.

Yes it looks like ClaDun, but I don't spend € 21 (26,30$) for a game in DD so easily, even for a kind of ClaDun japanese sequel.

I think I actually saw Cladun on Steam a while ago for like, a fraction of that price.

I guess it's $20...thought it was cheaper, but this one seems like a sequel? I dunno. Sounded like an okay game.

Edited by gamerm1337

Yeah, I think you should get it if you like Rainbo-

Wait..... WHAT?!

$29.99 for 1 goddamn PSN game??!?!?!??! That's abosolutey OUTRAGEOUS! That's balls... I'd say gamble your money and see if you like it or not... It could be good or bad. Where are the reviews for this game anyways?? :huh:

I think I actually saw Cladun on Steam a while ago for like, a fraction of that price.

I guess it's $20...thought it was cheaper, but this one seems like a sequel? I dunno. Sounded like an okay game.

cladun 2 was just released on steam for $20 last week or so. Its not directly a sequel or anything, more like spiritual successor? they just have a lot of similarties from what I have seen.

Well its definitely worth for me. I've been playing it since yesterday and the gameplay is really addictive. The dungeon crawling is really fun. Reminds me of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons for gameboy color.

Think of this as NISA's interpretation of a dungeon-crawling Roguelike.  It's not worth $30 (or even $20) if all you're going to do is the main story, but you've got all sorts of typical NISA postgame goodness to play with.

One of the big flaws in that postgame goodness is that there's no way to "suspend save" the big dungeons -- you literally have to go through them top-to-bottom in one sitting and that can be incredibly tedious and time-consuming.  It's not a complete killer in my book, but it certainly dampened my appreciation for this game because I don't particularly enjoy having to give 2-4 hours straight to any one game without being able to save and go do something else.

I already purchased it after I had made that post and is currently downloading and is at 88% done.

this game is definitely worth buying at $30 if your into rogue or rogue likes. this isn't your every day dainty save and reload every time i lose game, which is, imo the definition of rogue type games. this is dark souls in 2D. this is the best rogue like that came out for console in 2012, (Kappa, probably the only roguelike on console in that year). this is a niche game and if you venture in to said niche, you better be prepared for the long journey or get lucky. literally i know not everyone knows or gets roguelike games, but this is a good entry into said genre. and yes i know the last post is from 2014, but this game needs more fans.

Kick from the depths of this forum. The game is currently $3 during the promotion sale on the Playstation Store in the US. It never had a discount like this, so go for it. 

I wanted this game way back when it came out, but I balked at the price. I just got it on sale for $5 and I am so glad I waited. I haven't gotten very far in it but it really doesn't seem like it would have been worth $30.