Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be NX exclusive?

ShadowStar83x

Good on Nintendo. Gotta get some 3rd party attention in a big way, this is a great way to do it. Although I have zero faith it's true just yet:

NINTENDO ALLEGEDLY FUNDING NX-EXCLUSIVE BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2

The rumor points to a 2017 release.
BY EVAN CAMPBELL
Nintendo is allegedly financially backing Beyond Good & Evil 2 for the company's code-named console NX.

According to a Destructoid rumor, Nintendo is funding the Ubisoft sequel, similar to what the company did with Bayonetta 2. As such, Beyond Good & Evil 2 would then come out exclusively on NX in 2017.

At least some companies know how to take oportunity on an great franchise your ear that Sony and Microsoft :shakefist:

having to claim an existing franchise/IP as your own by making it exclusive to earn sales is a little pathetic, same thing they did with bayonetta and fatal frame.

at least sony tries to create their own IPs, the last of us (nearly 300 GOTYs won, thus becoming one of the most award winning games of all time), uncharted, infamous, until dawn, bloodborne (92+ on metacritic), detroit become human, horizon, the order 1886...

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 2

Nothing there confirming this is a false rumor. Just that the originator of the rumor has never, ever, ever been correct in the rumors they bring up.

As always, because it's just a "rumor", people get to post this stuff indefinitely and people will continue to read this and think it's true without reading the rest of the thread.

having to claim an existing franchise/IP as your own by making it exclusive to earn sales is a little pathetic, same thing they did with bayonetta and fatal frame.

at least sony tries to create their own IPs, the last of us (nearly 300 GOTYs won, thus becoming one of the most award winning games of all time), uncharted, infamous, until dawn, bloodborne (92+ on metacritic), detroit become human, horizon, the order 1886...

Ups I guess I kinda forgot about those for an game we waiting an sequel for so long can make people an bit irracional in my case.You right I thing Sonny does do good thing but the probleme with the franchise, is sometimes companies kinda forget their have an fan base with year pass by the fanbase star to decrease with that the franchise star to die, so yeah I was an bit desperated 

Well Ubisoft said Rayman Legends was going to  be WiiU exclusive...and we see how that turned out.

Honestly this might help Nintendo move a few more consoles but the WiiU left a bad tasted in people's mouths and releasing a new system so soon is going to be harder than they think. They are going to need heavier fire power than a sequel to a game that is 13 years old. I know it has a fanbase...but that fanbase isn't as big as people think

If it's not from the source, I would not worry too much yet, let it come out of the developer or Nintendo first, then you can worry/complain all you want.

But this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has funded something that ended up remaining exclusive.  But it's fair like, if Nintendo fund something, then they have the right to say it can only be on their consoles.

Anyone else think gaming would be better without exclusives. I mean, a couple of exclusives is fine but it's getting ridiculous now.

Actually I wish there were more exclusives. Back in the day there were very few multi-plat games so owning a specific console actually mattered. Really this obsession with having the same games on all systems only really started last generation, before that it was majority exclusives.

It is why I like Playstation as it has the most exclusives out of all the consoles. I mean is there really a point in owning an xbox when 99% of their games are available on PlayStation or PC?

• Like 3

I hope it comes to NX only, because 

1: I don't give a shit about it and being Nintendo exclusive will in all likelihood greatly reduce the amount I hear about it and 

2: I'll have Nintendo's next console anyway so if I come around and decide I want it, I won't have to buy a new system for it, unlike a lot of people did for Bayonetta.