Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be NX exclusive?

ShadowStar83x

Just a teensy bit ironic that Nintendo wants to appeal to older generations of gamers with Bayonetta 2 and now possibly this yet they censor Fire Emblem Fates. :P

Actually I wish there were more exclusives. Back in the day there were very few multi-plat games so owning a specific console actually mattered. Really this obsession with having the same games on all systems only really started last generation, before that it was majority exclusives.

It is why I like Playstation as it has the most exclusives out of all the consoles. I mean is there really a point in owning an xbox when 99% of their games are available on PlayStation or PC?

I can sort of catch your drift that exclusives make you feel happy about your console of choice, but is that really it? Just making people feel "happy" about how their console is better than the others? I feel like that just creates fanboys.

I agree that exclusives should exist because it can help gamers decide what console is best for them and it makes sense from a business standpoint to, but there are some extents that I wish exclusives wouldn't exist. Some being, but not limited to, companies buying out already existing, popular IPs for themselves (Bayonetta 2 and now possibly this), console exclusive games (Like how Titanfall is on Xbone and PC and Street Fighter V is on PS4 and PC) and timed exclusitivity (CoD DLC). They don't really make much sense to me.

Think about it, One of the big three met with another company and said "Hey, We'll give you a large sum of cash if you DON'T put your game on the PS4/Xbox One/NX."

Exclusives make sense in the situation where it comes from a first party studio and they make the likes of Mario, Halo, God of War, etc. Or if a company develops a game for a sole platform because it just works for them. When a company just wants to throw money around so a game can't be on specific platforms (but sometimes PC is okay) that's when I get upset.

• Like 2

Just a teensy bit ironic that Nintendo wants to appeal to older generations of gamers with Bayonetta 2 and now possibly this yet they censor Fire Emblem Fates. :P

I can sort of catch your drift that exclusives make you feel happy about your console of choice, but is that really it? Just making people feel "happy" about how their console is better than the others? I feel like that just creates fanboys.

I agree that exclusives should exist because it can help gamers decide what console is best for them and it makes sense from a business standpoint to, but there are some extents that I wish exclusives wouldn't exist. Some being, but not limited to, companies buying out already existing, popular IPs for themselves (Bayonetta 2 and now possibly this), console exclusive games (Like how Titanfall is on Xbone and PC and Street Fighter V is on PS4 and PC) and timed exclusitivity (CoD DLC). They don't really make much sense to me.

Think about it, One of the big three met with another company and said "Hey, We'll give you a large sum of cash if you DON'T put your game on the PS4/Xbox One/NX."

Exclusives make sense in the situation where it comes from a first party studio and they make the likes of Mario, Halo, God of War, etc. Or if a company develops a game for a sole platform because it just works for them. When a company just wants to throw money around so a game can't be on specific platforms (but sometimes PC is okay) that's when I get upset.

First I would like to say that Nintendo once said "we will not buy exclusives" and then proceeded to buy Bayonetta 2 (just found that really funny)

Also it might create fanboys but it makes perfect sense from a business perspective. I am the owner of Microsoft and I need to give my customers a reason to buy an XboxONE over a PS4. I offer EA some extra money and they release Titanfall for my system. EA is looking to make more money so if a company is willing to pay them enough to warrant making a console exclusive then you do that as well.

It also makes sense for a customer. I personally love exclusives because I know that all the time and resources went into a game to make it the best possible game for the system I am playing. When a game has to be released on the ps4, ps3, x360, xbone, wiiu, pc, ouya, mac etc. then I am getting a watered down version of the game. Look at games like Batman or Assassin's Creed on PC. They sucked because they were console games that had to be put on PC as well. So resources that could have gone to making the console versions better had to be spent on the PC version that they had no plans on making any good because the console versions were going to sell better anyways. I would rather they had made the games console exclusive and given us better games.

Another example is FF13. It had to be cut down because the x360 version was already stretched thin (being on 3 dvds) so the playstation fans (you know the people who had been enjoying the series since 97) got a worse game because it HAD TO BE MULTIPLAT

There is a reason people look so fondly back at old school game consoles because they were awesome games machines that had a huge library of games. Now we have identical systems with one or two differences and a million ports.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Doubtful about this one if only for the fact that I don't Ubi would want to ruin any goodwill they have with the community.  Especially since they probably have all the market research that shows how badly non-Nintendo games sell on their home consoles.  Just look at Bayonetta 2 an amazing game that was up for game of the year from several places and yet it still sold like crap.  So I can't see Nintendo making the investment for a game that won't sell.

wow! I have lost interest in this sequel since the day Ubi$oft said the game will going to be released on the 8th gen where the 7th gen era just begun at the time.

Nintendo and Ubi$oft never stay to thier word when the situation get ugly on both sides...

Rayman Legends started as a wii u exclusive but due to poor sales of wii u, the game released on all platforms.

ZOMBIU was a wii u exclusive, the game did so poorly and kinda got panned down by reviewers and now it's ended up on current gen as a remaster, and it's still didn't do well.

• Like 1

It'll be a waste of time. Nintendo IMO barely marketed Bayonetta 2 except for Nintendo Directs and E3. So I don't expect them to do anything for Beyond Good & Evil 2 except for Directs and that's it. And no, making a Jade Amiibo for Smash Bros. will not and should not count.

Edited by POEman553

Anyone else think gaming would be better without exclusives. I mean, a couple of exclusives is fine but it's getting ridiculous now.

I'm fine with exclusives, it's what separates the consoles. The one thing that annoys me is when they do stupid shit like releasing weeks before or exclusive DLC on cross system games. Just release that shit to everyone at the same time.

• Like 1