Road to Golden League!

Xugashi

Most of my quitters are PS4 players. I figure it's because of the trophy. Was playing some matches today and it was really bad. They must be making a big push before Capcom actually does something about it.

Not at all, there are a lot of quitters that are above of Gold Rank, this guy for example...

But why? xD Just to prove how Capcom failed with the online portion of the game?

Thanks for the video! And while that is very helpful, what's been making the biggest impact on my game is mastering my anti-air and air-to-air strategies. Now if I could only stop falling for tick-throws! I'm up to 3300 super silver now, the dream is still alive.

Also, random note for anybody working on this: if you are having a lot of people rage quit on you, try setting your hardware settings to PS4 only. I've noticed a significant drop in rage quitters after cutting out the PC players.

What character are you using dude? 

Not at all, there are a lot of quitters that are above of Gold Rank, this guy for example...

But why? xD Just to prove how Capcom failed with the online portion of the game?

It's weird seeing as how SSF4 had some type of punishment for rage quitters where they would lose points, and that was from the get go! With SF5 they are going to input the full game in small portions, AKA updates. What's funny is that Capcom thinks that sales will rise with these updates, with the horrible launch in mind... -_-

Most of my quitters are PS4 players. I figure it's because of the trophy. Was playing some matches today and it was really bad. They must be making a big push before Capcom actually does something about it.

Judging from the last update, it'll take a while before they patch this issue. B)

I play Bison - he's always been my favorite Street Fighter, so I don't see myself mixing it up too much... unless Q or Skullomania get released, of course!

I sure wish he had more reversal options though  :rolleyes:

He's already overpowered as it is! I'd say he's only true weakness is his slow walkspeed but that's it! Yeah dude, stick to one character instead of switching around! And hang in there, you're really close to hitting that Golden League dude!:D

• Like 1

He's already overpowered as it is! I'd say he's only true weakness is his slow walkspeed but that's it! Yeah dude, stick to one character instead of switching around! And hang in there, you're really close to hitting that Golden League dude! :D

you need to help your pal here, xugashi

• Like 2

One of my only wins today was vs a ragequitting 6700 vega. I mean, I'm terrible, the least you can do is simply accept defeat...

I moved to casual today and enjoyed it much more. No rage quitters, more 2/3 matches, no stress, and more variety in characters.

you need to help your pal here, xugashi

Dude, hit me up! Like seriously! Whenever you see me online, don't hesitate! :)

One of my only wins today was vs a ragequitting 6700 vega. I mean, I'm terrible, the least you can do is simply accept defeat...

We played a few rounds yesterday and I gotta say your R. Mika is very solid! I'm pretty sure Capcom is working on a solution to this, but god knows how long we'll have to wait til we actually get the next patch! :unsure:

I moved to casual today and enjoyed it much more. No rage quitters, more 2/3 matches, no stress, and more variety in characters.

There is actually a method that everyone can apply, and that is to go casual for a while just to rack up some experience. Then, once you feel ready, go hard on ranked! The difficult part is to keep winning consistently which basically is the key to this issue! :S

He's already overpowered as it is! I'd say he's only true weakness is his slow walkspeed but that's it! Yeah dude, stick to one character instead of switching around! And hang in there, you're really close to hitting that Golden League dude! :D

Bison is overpowered? Great, now I feel bad for taking so long trying to get to golden, haha! 

And speaking of rage quits, wouldn't it be great if a future update distributed points for all the wins you would have earned from winning against rage quitters? I know it will never happen, and no solution is coming anytime soon, but just a thought  :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a little bit of lag but I made it. :yay: I think I'll main someone else. Cammy is too predictable, you have to do everything in your power to find an opening.

That is awesome! Congratz dude. Also how appropriate you fight Bison before reaching Gold League as Cammy!! 

• Like 3

Nice job, I hit gold rank myself a few weeks ago! It's definitely possible if you keep putting time into the game.

Tip to anyone still working on this: if you've lost two or three matches in a row, take a break from playing and come back later when you're refreshed  B)

Edited by Overlord_Haze
  • Like 2

That is awesome! Congratz dude. Also how appropriate you fight Bison before reaching Gold League as Cammy!! 

Thanks, dude!

Nice job, I hit gold rank myself a few weeks ago! It's definitely possible if you keep putting time into the game.

Tip to anyone still working on this: if you've lost two or three matches in a row, take a break from playing and come back later when you're refreshed  B)

Totally. You never wanna be on Tilt especially when you're close to promotion.

I reached silver!!!!  I'm officially retiring from ranked matches.  I did it against my arch nemesis Mika and then beat a silver Mika in casual after.

I actually just recently switched my main Ryu over to R.Mika! She's the cheapest character in the game so I encourage people to learn her for some very easy wins!:D

• Like 1

I actually just recently switched my main Ryu over to R.Mika! She's the cheapest character in the game so I encourage people to learn her for some very easy wins! :D

it's that dang irish whip.  she is so easy to use.  i whipped through most of her challenges like nothing and i'm awful at those challenges.

• Like 1

I can't upload the image here, but I reached gold. My goal is to keep improving as I really love this game. Big thanks to Darktooth, Xugashi, Zanzarro and soultaker for the constant battle lounges and support! Thanks to Grimydawg and Weavsxx for the support aswell as everyone else I may have missed. Now I hope I can keep improving and become a worthy opponent.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 4

I can't upload the image here, but I reached gold. My goal is to keep improving as I really love this game. Big thanks to Darktooth, Xugashi, Zanzarro for the constant battle lounges and support! Thanks to Grimydawg and Weavsxx for the support aswell as everyone else I may have missed. Now I hope I can keep improving and become a worthy opponent.

Congratulations I knew you could do it. Did you use Cammy or Mika to get to gold?

• Like 1