Project Platinum: The Idolm@ster

Neku-tan

I was in hurry so maybe that's why. Fixed

I see your point, but I qualified Miracle Girl to the rank games just like a DreamClub series. It is not the Project Platinum just about The Idolm@ster universe as it might seem. I do admit I don't know other games as good as the idolm@ster series so if you don't like it I can change a few things in the thread.

Oh, I don't have any qualms about Miracle Girls Festival being on the list (it's got me in the bronze, after all :awesome:). I just find it amusing that there are only two people in anything besides hidden. :P

Honestly, the only places I can think of where that game would fit are a Hatsune Miku PP (in which case it would be far better suited to bonus game status due to its focus on characters with real voices) and a potential MGF PP of that game and the various games in franchises within the game, which would not only become yet another obscure PP, but would require people to play the utter piece of overpriced shit that is Vividred Operation: Hyper Intimate Power. :awesome:

Edited by Walter-kun

Oh, I don't have any qualms about Miracle Girls Festival being on the list (it's got me in the bronze, after all :awesome:). I just find it amusing that there are only two people in anything besides hidden. :P

Honestly, the only places I can think of where that game would fit are a Hatsune Miku PP (in which case it would be far better suited to bonus game status due to its focus on characters with real voices) and a potential MGF PP of that game and the various games in franchises within the game, which would not only become yet another obscure PP, but would require people to play the utter piece of overpriced shit that is Vividred Operation: Hyper Intimate Power. :awesome:

I thought you wanted to implied me of something. xD Let's be honest, though. This Project Platinum is rather for specific audience, so I didn't expect much interest. In fact I'm kind of surprised that so many people are already on the list.

Is it that bad? At some time I was even thinking about download this.  :P  

Hmmm am I the only one think someone should make like Rhythm game project platinum o.o?

My opinion it would be nice :D

Why don't you create a PP by yourself? :P Moreover, I refer you to this topic if you have any suggestions.

I guess I only qualify for the bonus Producing Perfection trophy. :P

Xhillia, you've been added.

Edited by Neku-tan
  • Like 1

I thought you wanted to implied me of something. xD Let's be honest, though. This Project Platinum is rather for specific audience, so I didn't expect much interest. In fact I'm kind of surprised that so many people are already on the list.

Is it that bad? At some time I was even thinking about download this. :P

To be fair, most of the people on the list just have special awards from either one of the piss-easy 100% series or the two Compile Heart games. :P

It's bad enough that it was named Kusoge of the Year by the KotY Wiki in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/03-1/vividred-operation-hyper-intimate-power-wins-kusoge-game-of-the-year

It controls like shit, it has agonizingly stupid design choices (the worst being that enemies can move vertically, but you can only move horizontally), and worst of all, it's a freaking hour long (2-3 hours with Challenge mode, which is just the individual level segments with objectives) and it costs freaking ¥5500. It destroyed a lot of my faith in anime tie-in games.

To be fair, most of the people on the list just have special awards from either one of the piss-easy 100% series or the two Compile Heart games. :P

It's bad enough that it was named Kusoge of the Year by the KotY Wiki in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/03-1/vividred-operation-hyper-intimate-power-wins-kusoge-game-of-the-year

It controls like shit, it has agonizingly stupid design choices (the worst being that enemies can move vertically, but you can only move horizontally), and worst of all, it's a freaking hour long (2-3 hours with Challenge mode, which is just the individual level segments with objectives) and it costs freaking ¥5500. It destroyed a lot of my faith in anime tie-in games.

At the first look it may look like it, but my intention was to add Producing Perfection to the list, knowing how many Neptunia fans are on the forum. If they basically liked this game, why not give a chance to the games with similar theme/genre? The biggest problem is the fact that all the games are only in japanese language and they are outrageously expensive..

I knew that's not masterpiece but what the heck with this price? 45 euros for a few hours long game? 

Rhythm games PP was already suggested, though... in Miku meaning, since pretty much all other rhythm games are taken =D

Taken where? Only vocaloid PP is suggested. There are other rhythm games like DJmax or Deemo.

Sign me up for Are you re@dy? Might get the games eventually.

I do have the Producing Perfection :platinum: so I at least qualify for What Am I doing here?

Okay, added.

At the first look it may look like it, but my intention was to add Producing Perfection to the list, knowing how many Neptunia fans are on the forum. If they basically liked this game, why not give a chance to the games with similar theme/genre? The biggest problem is the fact that all the games are only in japanese language and they are outrageously expensive..

I knew that's not masterpiece but what the heck with this price? 45 euros for a few hours long game?

I'm just used to more people at least being in bronze is all. The only other one I can think of with barely anyone above hidden is the Dengeki PP and that requires 5 games for bronze instead of one. :P

That said, at least the Idolm@ster Must Songs games aren't that expensive, though the plat is apparently easier if you have both. :|

In any case, I may get around to The Idolm@ster 2 at some point to get to a silver rank. :P

I can only assume it's that expensive because it's an anime tie-in game, so they figured people would buy it regardless of quality or length. I personally bought it at launch before anyone could've known about it. At least i got a ¥500 discount for getting it at launch. :P

Edited by Walter-kun

I'm just used to more people at least being in bronze is all. The only other one I can think of with barely anyone above hidden is the Dengeki PP and that requires 5 games for bronze instead of one. :P

That said, at least the Idolm@ster Must Songs games aren't that expensive, though the plat is apparently easier if you have both. :|

In any case, I may get around to The Idolm@ster 2 at some point to get to a silver rank. :P

I can only assume it's that expensive because it's an anime tie-in game, so they figured people would buy it regardless of quality or length. I personally bought it at launch before anyone could've known about it. At least i got a ¥500 discount for getting it at launch. :P

That's sort of.. hardcore.  :huh:

Yeah. All for One and Must Songs are way easier than Idolm@ster 2. Generally I wouldn't say that im@s 2 is hard at all (maybe except 76500 pts trophy and Producer Lv.10 where you need to win every tournament on the hightest difficulty, have at least one song at the 1st place in ranking and also have the best sells. Just once you get used to it, this game becomes relative easy.  ^_^

That's sort of.. hardcore. :huh:

Yeah. All for One and Must Songs are way easier than Idolm@ster 2. Generally I wouldn't say that im@s 2 is hard at all (maybe except 76500 pts trophy and Producer Lv.10 where you need to win every tournament on the hightest difficulty, have at least one song at the 1st place in ranking and also have the best sells. Just once you get used to it, this game becomes relative easy. ^_^

That's good to hear. Im@s2 is the only one I have, so that's the one I'll do first. Thankfully, it has a guide, so that should help me get used to the game. I'm hoping I can get at least a gold rank on this (plat rank would require all of the Dream Club games and I've heard that those require a good knowledge of Japanese or plain dumb luck).

EDIT: Two questions...

1. Will the portable version of Dream Club 0 count in place of the PS3 version?

2. Was the exclusion of the Dream Club Mahjong game an oversight or a mercy?

Edited by Walter-kun

EDIT: Two questions...

1. Will the portable version of Dream Club 0 count in place of the PS3 version?

2. Was the exclusion of the Dream Club Mahjong game an oversight or a mercy?

Just like I wrote in rules, PS3 and VITA version if they have the same trophy list they count as one.

Oh, I didn't know about this one and honesty I don't have a single clue where can I put this game..

Just like I wrote in rules, PS3 and VITA version if they have the same trophy list they count as one.

Oh, I didn't know about this one and honesty I don't have a single clue where can I put this game..

Whoops. I probably should've read that. :facepalm:

If possible, in an active volcano. I don't have any opinions of the game and it's apparently not even that hard compared to the mainline Dream Club games, but the less games in between me and gold, the better. :awesome:

Edited by Walter-kun

If possible, in an active volcano. I don't have any opinions of the game and it's apparently not even that hard compared to the mainline Dream Club games, but the less games in between me and gold, the better. :awesome:

Okay... I did some research I mean I watched a few videos on youtube and all I can say is that the game is more about perverted things than the actual Mahjong... :blink:

EDIT. leaderboard updated

Edited by Neku-tan

The two PS3 Idolm@ster games and the Dream Club games are all on sale right now on the JP Playstation Store for 50% off. The Dream Club games are in the 3000 Yen range while the Idolm@ster games are 1512 (One for All) and 1851 (Im@s2), so if you're aiming for a high rank and you don't mind digital imports, this is your chance.

@Walter-kun

yeah, that's the great news for anyone who has the japanese account. I'm still looking for a way to purchase the retail version of these games, though.

Well making a jp account is a lot easier than buying physical, and after shipping cost, you might end up paying a fair bit more for physical.

Oh well, if you want to do it, Amazon.co.jp has all the games (at least in a used statues), so since used can't be sent directly to other countries yet (at least from my testing), send them to a forwarder, and have them send it to you.

Example:

Idolm@ster 2 : http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B005DVVUIC/

Dream C Club: Complete Edipyon!: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0095OXD9M/

The two PS3 Idolm@ster games and the Dream Club games are all on sale right now on the JP Playstation Store for 50% off. The Dream Club games are in the 3000 Yen range while the Idolm@ster games are 1512 (One for All) and 1851 (Im@s2), so if you're aiming for a high rank and you don't mind digital imports, this is your chance.

As an added bonus, if you have a JP account with PS Plus, they are 60% off. (and thx Walter, I went ahead and bought im@s One for All because it was cheaper than buying phyiscal, still deciding on whether I'll do physical or digital for the rest)

84a8bf512a.jpg

Edited by bladesoframen