I've never played the Uncharted series before - should I skip the first game and start on 2?

Play the first one. The controls are a bit stressful to manage at first but you will feel like a fish in the water in a few minutes. Also, i recommend you get some aspirines when you play on Crushing mode because of the cheap actions/aiming accuracy of various enemies and the tendency of them of swarming you like a pack of hungry hyenas and forcing you to have jedi reflexes in some sections. Luckily, having the remastered PS4 version will relieve you of the bugs and crashes that appear in some occasions in the PS3 version.

Tthe first one is great, I've never understood the arguements against it - 2 is the best, but 1 is better than 3 in my opinion.

Crushing is not terribly difficult in any of rhe games, bt don't play that forst time through - the games are all short, so replaying is not an issue. (Also, i think you need to complete on normal to unlock Crushing anyway)

Tthe first one is great, I've never understood the arguements against it - 2 is the best, but 1 is better than 3 in my opinion.

Crushing is not terribly difficult in any of rhe games, bt don't play that forst time through - the games are all short, so replaying is not an issue. (Also, i think you need to complete on normal to unlock Crushing anyway)

In the remasters Crushing is available from the start. You just need to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal.

OT:

I still wouldn't play Crushing first though.

In the remasters Crushing is available from the start. You just need to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal.

OT:

I still wouldn't play Crushing first though.

Are you sure about that? I played them a couple months back and I could have sworn i had to unlock crushing...

Are you sure about that? I played them a couple months back and I could have sworn i had to unlock crushing...

You definitely did not need to unlock crushing on the remasters. See my lists for #1, #2, #3. I was able to jump straight in on Crushing, but Brutal is locked until you complete a Crushing PT.

• Like 1

I was pretty sure of it before checking but it's in the guides as well.

You definitely did not need to unlock crushing on the remasters. See my lists for #1, #2, #3. I was able to jump straight in on Crushing, but Brutal is locked until you complete a Crushing PT.

Hmm, oh well. I coulda sworn. My bad.

Anyways, regardless, i reckon we all agree that Crushing on your first ever run of any of these games is probably a bad way to start...

• Like 1

I personally would recommend you play them all before uncharted 4 comes out - i can see U4 having throw backs to some of the originals 

Although 1 doesn't handle great, its not broken, i only noticed U1 shooting was a bit off after i started playing U2 again

In terms of trophies they are pretty straight forward to plat - 100% can be a bitch though - those brutal trophies...

If you were to compare it movies.  Uncharted 1 - Alien, Uncharted 2 - Aliens, Uncharted 3 , well that's where my comparison ends :(

That analogy doesn't work too well, I'm afraid. Here's mine: Uncharted - Star Wars, Uncharted 2 - The Empire Strikes Back, Uncharted 3 - The Return of the Jedi. Both franchises definitively jumped the shark in the third one :P

• Like 3

If you were to compare it movies.  Uncharted 1 - Alien, Uncharted 2 - Aliens, Uncharted 3 , well that's where my comparison ends :(

You mean 1 is an amazing, genre defining and spectacular thing, and 2 is an overblown horrible piece of nonsense that pisses all over the first one?....

I dont think that's true....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got platinum and will go for speed run and brutal too but I didnt like the game much, actually sound effects and graphics, especially dialogues are cool in remastered but overflowing, endless enemies in many areas makes the game boring. It should be more focused on puzzle solving and exploration with such a storyline and environment, also music lacks. I guess shooters arent my style. Still, its not a waste of time and can be enjoyable.