I need clarification about different game editions

First I want to apologize if I post the theme in wrong section.

My question is might be a little confusing, but hopefully understand correctly...

The case is the following:

Got Game X which is on a disc (retail, hard copy) and it is US edition.

No dlc, no extra content on it.

Already PLAT it to my main acc which is EU.

Now it opens the opportunity to buy EU bundle on the same game + everything in it.

And here comes the q's:

If I buy this EU bundle through EU store and play it on my EU acc whether it will recognize previous US safes/trophies and and I will be able to continue playing from there where I've finished last ?

Could I start this EU DLC (specifically) on US saves at EU acc to finish the game at 100% ?

Or because previously main game was US ver. I must have to start all over again with EU ver of the game ?

Do they (trophies & saves) have any restriction from different regional editions ?

I do not quite clear, do not understand it at all I hope so to receive precise and clear explanation... if any1 can handle with it !

Sometimes games share a different trophy list, allowing you to plat the same game twice. But i'm pretty sure saves are not shared. The same with dlc. To put it into perspective, if you were to buy the DLC using the EU store it will not be compatible with your US copy.

Edited by Zone Hunter

....if you were to buy the DLC using the EU store it will not be compatible with your US copy.

I know that very well...

It's hard here to explain what confuses me again...

OK, let's say that I'm starting a new game (EU) and reach a point where I run DLC through it - how will this affect the progress in trophies, will it continue to count for them from the old US copy which I finished already (with most ot the trophies) or not ? Or how EU DLC trophies will count on existing trophies from US game before ?

First I want to apologize if I post the theme in wrong section.
My question is might be a little confusing, but hopefully understand correctly...

The case is the following:
Got Game X which is on a disc (retail, hard copy) and it is US edition.
No dlc, no extra content on it.
Already PLAT it to my main acc which is EU.
Now it opens the opportunity to buy EU bundle on the same game + everything in it.

And here comes the q's:
If I buy this EU bundle through EU store and play it on my EU acc whether it will recognize previous US safes/trophies and and I will be able to continue playing from there where I've finished last ?
Could I start this EU DLC (specifically) on US saves at EU acc to finish the game at 100% ?
Or because previously main game was US ver. I must have to start all over again with EU ver of the game ?

Do they (trophies & saves) have any restriction from different regional editions ?

I do not quite clear, do not understand it at all I hope so to receive precise and clear explanation... if any1 can handle with it !

I know that very well...

It's hard here to explain what confuses me again...

OK, let's say that I'm starting a new game (EU) and reach a point where I run DLC through it - how will this affect the progress in trophies, will it continue to count for them from the old US copy which I finished already (with most ot the trophies) or not ? Or how EU DLC trophies will count on existing trophies from US game before ?

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.

If you buy an EU copy of a game then generally it won't be able to read your US saves, so you would have to start again.

Another thing to add is if the DLC is accessible separate from the base game, such as from the main menu, then you won't have to worry about starting again. However if it's incorporated into the base game then you will have to start again, at least until you are able to access the DLC missions. Some games you can do this from the start, while others you have to get to a certain part of the story first.

As far as trophies go, as you stated you already have the platinum for the game, and providing the EU & US versions of the game share the same trophy list, then you can just earn the DLC trophies and have the 100%. If the EU & US versions don't share a trophy list then you will have 1 list with just the plat & no DLC trophies and another list with no base game trophies & just the DLC ones.

It would help if you stated which game you were referring to.

• Like 1

As far as trophies go, as you stated you already have the platinum for the game, and providing the EU & US versions of the game share the same trophy list, then you can just earn the DLC trophies and have the 100%. If the EU & US versions don't share a trophy list then you will have 1 list with just the plat & no DLC trophies and another list with no base game trophies & just the DLC ones.

It would help if you stated which game you were referring to.

Ohhh, thank u very much... That's my point. Glad u 2 ''read'' my mind precise and clear !

So, leaving only to find out only whether the game SHARE same trophy list - namely AC: Brotherhood (the DLC unlock it further in the game) ?

And how in the future I can see / check which games share each other their trophy lists ?

Edited by Vynzen

Ohhh, thank u very much... That's my point. Glad u 2 ''read'' my mind precise and clear !

So, leaving only to find out only whether the game SHARE same trophy list - namely AC: Brotherhood (the DLC unlock it further in the game) ?

And how in the future I can see / check which games share each other their trophy lists ?

I'm glad I could help.

AC: Brotherhood only has 1 trophy list so any earned DLC trophies will be added to the ones you already have, however the DLC is incorporated into the base game and you will have to complete most of Sequence 3 to be able to access all the missions. There is also a trophy in the DLC that requires you to have 100% sync in both the base game missions and the DLC missions. So essentially you would have to play the whole game again to get 100% of the trophies.

To check which games have multiple or shared lists then you can refer to the Games section of the site.

• Like 2