Is this game hard?

IYO it may sound hard because of the game's name but it's not hard at all. Considering all of the GoW series are having  easy plats but pains in the ass when it comes to the challenges. But go ahead and play it, ain't hard at all.

IYO it may sound hard because of the game's name but it's not hard at all. Considering all of the GoW series are having  easy plats but pains in the ass when it comes to the challenges. But go ahead and play it, ain't hard at all.

Can I ask what the hell IYO stands for? It's an acronym I've never seen before and can't imagine what it means.

• Like 2

I imagine it's "in your opinion".

Exactly

How would that work? You tell someone else what their opinion is?

By guessing of course. When he asked if the game was hard, i was guessing that in his opinions, he might think it could be hard because of the game's name.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As someone who has struggled/is still struggling with the Challenges in the previous games I completed this one's Challenges in about ten minutes. Very easy though Titan mode will probably give people some trouble though it isn't even the hardest difficulty. Can be done in one playthrough if you're good enough. 

Its a kind of game where if you learn the tactic for a enemy.. its a very simple game even on titan mode or chaos mode..but knowing that tactic is a challenge.. especially if its your 1st GOW..actually this is the way most good games are at hard modes.. they teach you..and if you learn they become simple.. if not.. you will struggle..

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It's not hard. Maybe the last Cerberus and Satry battle (before Zeus boss) maybe frustrating and quite annoying but believe me it's not hard when you fight with Apollo's Bow and Nemean Cestus. It's 2nd time that I platinumed this game and it's difficulty for me was 3/10 (1st on isaBerk23 user, 2nd is on this user). Or you can delete the patch and make an exploit of unlimited health or magic with Arena method but it's not neccesary.

• Like 1

I played on the ps3 and it is my first platinum, but i distinctly remember how annoying the last Satyr fight on hard was, because of a stupid checkpoint. Other than that the beginning part on hard is a bit difficult since you are shell-shocked, but the rest is fine. I think the game is a lot more fun on hard. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I will be starting this game later tonight and I'm hoping to achieve the platinum. I've never played GoW myself but I am not exactly new to the hack n' slash genre having played DMC and Bayonetta. Is GoW any different to these games in terms of difficulty? 

I plan on doing two playthroughs - one on normal difficulty, then complete the challenges and a final playthrough on titan mode. This method seems to be the one recommended by most trophy guides.

53 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

I will be starting this game later tonight and I'm hoping to achieve the platinum. I've never played GoW myself but I am not exactly new to the hack n' slash genre having played DMC and Bayonetta. Is GoW any different to these games in terms of difficulty? 

I plan on doing two playthroughs - one on normal difficulty, then complete the challenges and a final playthrough on titan mode. This method seems to be the one recommended by most trophy guides.

It's way easier than DMC.Don't know about Bayonetta.If you have a problem in Titan mode there is a glitch than can make it extremely easy.Also you can skip 80% of the game

9 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It's way easier than DMC.Don't know about Bayonetta.If you have a problem in Titan mode there is a glitch than can make it extremely easy.Also you can skip 80% of the game

Which skip are you talking about? Breaking the chain of Balance the first time you reach the Underworld?

Edited by TheGwynbleidd

13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That's good to know. Thanks sephiroth ? The trophy guides mentioned that if you complete the challenges before going into Titan mode then this will make Titan mode much easier to complete. Also good to know about the skip. Might try it on my second playthrough to save some time (assuming it is legal on psnprofiles and won't get me kicked off the leaderboards ?)

14 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

That's good to know. Thanks sephiroth 1f44d.png The trophy guides mentioned that if you complete the challenges before going into Titan mode then this will make Titan mode much easier to complete. Also good to know about the skip. Might try it on my second playthrough to save some time (assuming it is legal on psnprofiles and won't get me kicked off the leaderboards 1f61d.png)

Is it too late to testify that i'm a GoW professional and i beat Titan mode within 2 hours legitimately? ?

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is it too late to testify that i'm a GoW professional and i beat Titan mode within 2 hours legitimately? 1f630.png

?? I believe you. I actually creeped onto your profile and I have to say that is quite an impressive trophy list you have. 100% on everything. And all tough/grindy games too. Well done :)

• Like 1

Plume of Prometheus [square, square, triangle] for the win! Seriously, that combo will get you through most everything.

And I've beaten each God of War with no shortcuts. Some multiple times.

Edited by Bullstomp

In case you haven't started yet, it's harder than most of your recent platinums, but easier than some of your first. 

It's a shame you haven't played the first God of War. That game has such incredible level design, my jaw was constantly open when I played it for the first time!

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

That's good to know. Thanks sephiroth 1f44d.png The trophy guides mentioned that if you complete the challenges before going into Titan mode then this will make Titan mode much easier to complete. Also good to know about the skip. Might try it on my second playthrough to save some time (assuming it is legal on psnprofiles and won't get me kicked off the leaderboards 1f61d.png)

From what I understand, PSNP doesn't consider it cheating, since it's taking advantage of a glitch in-game. Cheating is when you use an outside tool to modify a save file, or use someone else's save file to auto-pop trophies.

I don't think you'll have any issues there.