Show off your new signatures!

Beyondthegrave07

Any trick to perfectly render images? I know how to do it, but it's never perfect. I'm just wondering if there was some tool that'd make it super easy, instead of using the pen tool (in photoshop) for example. 

Personally if I ever need to render anything, I just delete major chunks of the background with the rectangle select tool. Then I have a white layer underneath so I can see what exactly shows up on the render layer as I continue deleting. I then take the eraser tool and use the solid circle brush to erase against the borders of the render. It's probably not the most fastest method but it works well and I've used it for some of my own rendering.

1.F2P.jpg

Qality is BAD

Stick with a certain size for signatures till you get better in my opinion. Also this signature feels a bit too small in size for my taste. And you should add more effects and what not, too simple.

Any trick to perfectly render images? I know how to do it, but it's never perfect. I'm just wondering if there was some tool that'd make it super easy, instead of using the pen tool (in photoshop) for example. 

The pen tool is for the most part the perfect tool to use for rendering images. Only when you get to rendering fine bits such as hair will you need a supplement.

1) Render the image with the pen tool. Stick close to the edge of the character / item.

2) Ctrl+Click on the layer thumbnail in the layers palette to select an outline of the rendered image.

3) Go to the menu bar: Select > Modify > Contract > 1px

4) Inverse the selection Ctrl+Shift+i

5) Delete.

What this does is removes an extra one pixel from the edge of the rendered image. The difference will not drastically affect the rendered character itself but it will more often than not remove any bits of background that you missed. You can repeat the process if you feel that it's not enough as many times as you want until you feel it's starting to have a negative effect on the render.

• Like 1

Personally if I ever need to render anything, I just delete major chunks of the background with the rectangle select tool. Then I have a white layer underneath so I can see what exactly shows up on the render layer as I continue deleting. I then take the eraser tool and use the solid circle brush to erase against the borders of the render. It's probably not the most fastest method but it works well and I've used it for some of my own rendering.

Stick with a certain size for signatures till you get better in my opinion. Also this signature feels a bit too small in size for my taste. And you should add more effects and what not, too simple.

Yeah that's what i've been doing, altough i mostly use the pen tool. But it's always alot of work and i always miss a pixel or two. 

The pen tool is for the most part the perfect tool to use for rendering images. Only when you get to rendering fine bits such as hair will you need a supplement.

1) Render the image with the pen tool. Stick close to the edge of the character / item.

2) Ctrl+Click on the layer thumbnail in the layers palette to select an outline of the rendered image.

3) Go to the menu bar: Select > Modify > Contract > 1px

4) Inverse the selection Ctrl+Shift+i

5) Delete.

What this does is removes an extra one pixel from the edge of the rendered image. The difference will not drastically affect the rendered character itself but it will more often than not remove any bits of background that you missed. You can repeat the process if you feel that it's not enough as many times as you want until you feel it's starting to have a negative effect on the render.

Thanks, i'll try this, since i always miss a pixel or two when using the pen tool. 

Edited by xZoneHunter

Been messing around with photoshop the last few weeks so far these are my favourite signatures i've made, 

Z8bXWUK.png

g43ioxV.png

vHylFb1.png

Would love to hear some constructive criticism from you guys =)

Two big things stick out to me. Your render's faces seem to be too covered. They should stand out as the focal point but the effects throughout the signatures are covering them too. Erase part of the layers that are covering the face with those effects. The second thing is the over saturation of colors. The colors are too saturated and that creates a messy and pixelated look. When I want colors to stand out, I add more contrast and vibrance, I don't really let colors become too saturated.

It feels likes lots of the effects on these signatures are layers on top of layers with less opacity. While that is fine, you should play with the blending mode of each layer to get them to work better with each other. The 3rd signature for example, you can see parts of all the layers on top of each other but nothing is sharp and it things just become blurry and look faded.

• Like 1

gs5Mstl.png

Just finished making this :)

I keep getting distracted by the bottom parts and can't focus well on the characters face xD

Some of the left side looks/feels empty and the text is not to my taste but whatever this is just me nitpicking I do it all the time even with my sigs.

All that aside I really like this signature, some nice work

Edited by Ramonachan

1-horz.jpg

Black and white, that's all. Nothing special but i like it and i think i get better at those things. I honestly never used Photoshop, maybe i should get it to get better.

By the way i coloured them black and putted them together in the same size. It was done in about 2 hours.

Edited by terwas-lurake