Show off your new signatures!

Beyondthegrave07

3BZ8d8z.png

Trying a little something different every sig. :D

Looks good, but what setting are you using for your text?  Make sure to use "Smooth", your text looks a bit sharp on it and it looks like you might be using the default "None" setting.

• Like 1

I think I'm ready for signature battle. 

bZWqBmO.png?1

EDIT: Now that I took a closer look at it. I think have a major problem with adding text  :facepalm:

Going to be completely honest with you, text is the last thing I'd worry about. Most people have a problem with text, including me. I throw together a piece and text is the last thing I have in mind. I'll usually mess with it for a few minutes and if it comes out good, I leave it. If not, I just delete the layer and leave the signature as is, like my current one. I downloaded a ton of fonts to try to put on there to look good and to no avail, I just left it without text. :) So don't be too down on yourself about text.

My only kind of help on text is to keep it close to your render, and to avoid your main text being arial or fonts close to that. I'll use arial for subtext, but main text I try to find some font that is 'stylish', though I usually always go back to Impact.

• Like 1

IYlqifl.png

Looks pretty good! You have some nice blending on this one, I like it. You also made the focal stand out, my eyes are automatically focused on his face. Something I'd like to see you do is try to improve your depth. You have it set right now with a foreground, middle, and background which is nice, but try to make the render pop. Try blurring the front C4D a few times, and then blur the background one as well, but not as blurred. It'll definitely help out with your depth.

And I know I told you not to worry about text, but I thought I'd try to help out. Keep your text near your render. It makes it noticeable and keeps it where the focal is, so people can easily see the text and the focal in the same area. I'd say try to throw you text in one of these areas:

NFYR6r0.png

They're bundled up with the render, and it'll appeal to eyes better. You can even do some snazzy stuff with it like drop shadows, or my favorite, an outer glow of black on Normal.

Keep up the good work, love seeing improvement from you! ^.^

EDIT: So I just learned there's a Criticism thread and that maybe I shouldn't CnC here. I hope you're okay with this, sorry if not! ^.^ I'll keep the CnC to that thread.

Edited by OverNlNEthousand
  • Like 1

Looks pretty good! You have some nice blending on this one, I like it. You also made the focal stand out, my eyes are automatically focused on his face. Something I'd like to see you do is try to improve your depth. You have it set right now with a foreground, middle, and background which is nice, but try to make the render pop. Try blurring the front C4D a few times, and then blur the background one as well, but not as blurred. It'll definitely help out with your depth.

And I know I told you not to worry about text, but I thought I'd try to help out. Keep your text near your render. It makes it noticeable and keeps it where the focal is, so people can easily see the text and the focal in the same area. I'd say try to throw you text in one of these areas:

NFYR6r0.png

They're bundled up with the render, and it'll appeal to eyes better. You can even do some snazzy stuff with it like drop shadows, or my favorite, an outer glow of black on Normal.

Keep up the good work, love seeing improvement from you! ^.^

EDIT: So I just learned there's a Criticism thread and that maybe I shouldn't CnC here. I hope you're okay with this, sorry if not! ^.^ I'll keep the CnC to that thread.

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the help. :D I definitely need to work on the depth I noticed that there's something off about it. :P