New PS Store

ClearVHS

Has anyone else saw the new PS Store leak ? Thoughts ? i like it looks Great Simple and Sleek.                                                        

Heres a link for those that haven't seen this yet http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/08/sony-revamps-the-playstation-store-on-ps4-with-sleeker-look-and-features/

• Like 3

Looks cool, I guess.

It wasn't exactly clear where you had to go in order to navigate around and browse the store though.

I'm not a fan of media that plays automatically either. I'd rather choose to watch the trailer if I'm interested, rather than have something start blaring at me all of a sudden. In my experience, the volume of those things is mixed waaaaay too loud, and it always makes me jump.

Kinda looks ms store and that isn't a bad thing.

Oh god, please say this isn't so...

I spent 2 hours setting up an XBOne for my cousin on Christmas day. It was my first time with one, and it was a confusing mess. 

Is there even a distinction between the dashboard and the "store" on an XBOne? Every single screen I went to was imploring me to buy something or other.

• Like 2

Hey i would like to choose to play it myself too but yeah it does look like MS store but its nice i would also like the search bar option in store to change as it horrible choosing each letter to search for a specific game.

• Like 2

Hey i would like to choose to play it myself too but yeah it does look like MS store but its nice i would also like the search bar option in store to change as it horrible choosing each letter to search for a specific game.

Yeah, being able to use the pop-up keyboard to type into a box, like the PS4 does everywhere else, would be nice.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by StrickenBiged

Oh god, please say this isn't so...

I spent 2 hours setting up an XBOne for my cousin on Christmas day. It was my first time with one, and it was a confusing mess. 

Is there even a distinction between the dashboard and the "store" on an XBOne? Every single screen I went to was imploring me to buy something or other.

You just need to get used to it, that's all. 

As long as it's not laggy and completely broken like the PS3 PS Store then i'm OK with it... thankfully even if they break it you can just use the PC store and then DL anything through the library which is faaar away from the PS Store. Or use the "Download to your PS4" option, it's so convenient!

• Like 3

As long as it gets rid of the stupid search feature and actually organize your downloads by games, themes, avatars, add-ons I will be happy.

It is a fucking mess trying to search through your hundreds of downloads to find the game you want.

I've had an Xbone since launch (a few weeks later, actually) and I'm still not used to the store. The Xbone has by far and away the worst UI I've ever seen for a video game console and I hope the PS4 doesn't take after it. I suppose it would be possible to get used to but personally I don't think it flows naturally at all. 

Parker

When I worked at EB I was trying to show a customer the Sunset Overdrive trailer on the Xboxone. I actually gave up trying to find it and pulled out my phone to show them there. Horrible interface :(

• Like 4

I've had an Xbone since launch (a few weeks later, actually) and I'm still not used to the store. The Xbone has by far and away the worst UI I've ever seen for a video game console and I hope the PS4 doesn't take after it. I suppose it would be possible to get used to but personally I don't think it flows naturally at all. 

Parker

XB1 is a console that you have to properly sit down and figure out all the buttons lol.

When I worked at EB I was trying to show a customer the Sunset Overdrive trailer on the Xboxone. I actually gave up trying to find it and pulled out my phone to show them there. Horrible interface :(

Do you try the updated version or just the XB1 original? 

Parker

Anything even remotely resembling the horrible Windows Phones UI is an abomination which Microsoft still thinks people like.

it's hard to keep an interface pretty and functional at the same time, for example i think that the steam interface is functional but i don't like the design at all, then you have the ms interface which looks pretty but it isn't that easy to navigate sometimes.

personally i haven't had any problems navigating through the current ps4 store, i remember that it used to be a little laggy in the ps3, but any changes will be welcome.

• Like 1

Assuming this version of the interface actually goes live at some point, and the temporary switch wasn't them just playing around with different interfaces and accidentally making it live, it wouldn't bother me as I pretty much only use the search function on the system or through the website store. I can certainly see where it would take some getting used to for those who actually browse through the store though. I've never had a problem navigating the Xbox One store so that's another reason the interface in the images wouldn't bother me.