Would you recommend buying this game right now? (The Division)

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you recommend buying The Division right now?

This is a simple question that can be very important to some people. To the people who are playing this game right now, based on your playtime of 40 hours or less in the first week of The Division release, would you recommend buying this game right now?

If your answer is yes, why?

If your answer is no, why?

Nope.

In short: Great Setting, but it lacks in variety. Clear technical downgrade. Poor and elementary quest design, not to mention the lack of variety of them. No destructibility that modifies the setting and therefore our approach to the mission. No karma system.There are no rpg mechanics that define our agent (we can always respec our skills) and no classes whatsoever. 

It will have tons of DLCs, might as well wait until the game is more finished, costs less and you may get the DLCs with it etc... but really, you may wanna see if it's any fun or not. What I've seen of it is running simulator + hanging out with people + grindy douche bag PvP + few "missions".

Edited by MMDE

My advice is to always be wary when buying the biggest and most hyped AAA games. Always be slightly late when it comes to playing those games, and see if it met peoples' expectations. Considering how the game already needed some fixing, I'd say it would be best to wait a month or so. Maybe wait for the game to go on sale.

Yes.

I'm not going to run off a marathon spiel, but my simple reason is because its fun.

Doesn't matter why - it just is.  Its a well programmed, colourful and creative bit of fun.

There was a joke there that clearly went over your head and crashed into a different group of people.

Comedy is all about the timing.

• Like 1

How hard is the platinum? What's the hardest thing to do for platinum? Any missable trophies? Worth 55 euros? Easy to understand and learn to play like a pro? I'm somewhat really hyped to play this game haha even though i haven't played any Tom Clancy games ever. :D

Edited by zafira1290

How hard is the platinum? What's the hardest thing to do for platinum? Any missable trophies? Worth 55 euros? Easy to understand and learn to play like a pro? I'm somewhat really hyped to play this game haha even though i haven't played any Tom Clancy games ever. :D

It wasn't too bad.  The Dark Zone trophies for me were the hardest ones.  The Challenge trophy was also just that.  That said, I did the challenge mission with a random group.  It took us like 2 and a half hours, and no one had a microphone.  It really wasn't that bad.  I have also been playing third person shooters for a very long time, though -- so it may be a bit harder on someone who doesn't have experience with 3rd person shooters or Tom Clancy's games.  In my personal opinion the Mass Extraction trophy was the hardest, along with I am the LAW!.  Most of the people who go 'rogue' (going rogue status is completely optional for everyone, always), are in groups.  You can complete it on your own, but luckily it's really easy to boost.  I think I ended up with 6-7 kills doing it on my own, but that took forever messing around in the dark zone.  I spent quite a lot of time there.  If you have a group it's not bad at all, you just follow the icons and kill whoever flags.  If you are a solo player, it's very hard to get another solo player to flag.  You can try running up on big group vs. group fights.  I got a few kills doing that while they were distracted killing each other.  The Mass Extraction trophy requires quite a lot of skill, gear, or patience -- but only one of those 3.  You can wait for people to clear out the zones, clear out the zones yourself slowly, or just find a big group of people and do them together.

You don't have to be a great player to enjoy the game.  I did mostly all matchmaking random queues, and the players I played with weren't amazing, but it didn't ruin the experience whatsoever.  I found it actually really fun, there wasn't a single group or player I ended up with that I was frustrated with or didn't enjoy playing with.  After one of the missions, I ended up just grouping with some dude and we played for like 4-5 hours just clearing out side missions and story missions together.  That was a lot of fun.  The game is best enjoyed when playing with other people but it's realistically possible to play like 97% of the game (other than the dark zone and challenge mode trophy) by yourself.  The matchmaking system is awesome.  I am very happy with it, and that usually isn't the case.  You get a group very quickly, and the game does a good job of training everyone who plays it -- so no one you play with will ruin the group unless you do challenge modes.  My challenge mode group wasn't great, but we still got it done eventually.  All found through matchmaking.

That said, I would highly recommend the game.  I have very much enjoyed my experience.  I loved the story and am interested where they'll take it with future content.  I thought all of the missions were a lot of fun.  I didn't find any of them particularly annoying.  The missions felt pretty epic, and they did a great job convincing me that I was this elite agent. I also felt that the story wasn't too over-the-top.  It's very easy to get caught up in that with Tom Clancy's games that feel larger than life.  It felt very genuine.  The game can be very repetitive, but I didn't really mind it and my friends that also are playing don't mind it either.  You don't really think about it when you're wrapped up in the game and there's so much to do.  I think it's EASILY one of Ubisoft's best publications.  There is a lot that they can do with the game to improve it as well.  There are so many ways they can take the game and expand upon it to make it even better.  I think you'll get your money and time's worth.  I did.  I buy a lot of games though, so take that what it's worth.

For me it's living upto the hype so I'd definitely recommend it. The online-only aspect may put some off but they would be missing a very good game. Also good value for money versus the likes of Far Cry Primal which can be completed in a very short time

Edited by g-bake_1986