Let's Play Catherine

I would join this event... were it not for the fact that I platted the game almost 3 years ago :P

Catherine is nothing of the sort. From what I've seen of your post history (and, well... your profile pic and signature), you're a big Persona fan, so i definitely think you should give Catherine a try. It's by the exact same trinity that made Personas 3, 4 and 5 (same director, same character designer, same composer). Apart from the fact that it's a puzzler instead of an RPG and its themes are more mature/adult-oriented, it feels very much the same as Persona. All the great characters, interactions, style and innovative mechanics are all there. Actually, the fact that I loved Catherine so much was one of the reasons I finally gave in and tried playing Persona. And as MStalker58 said, there's no more nudity in the game than in a PG-13 rated TV show. Sure, it can be a bit erotic at times, but nothing that could be considered raunchy. It's carefully and artistically done.

Seriously, dude, do yourself a favor and try out Catherine.

Well, Vincent has a shadow so it's pretty much Persona :awesome:

I would recommend knocking out 10-20 Rapunzel stages every day or two while you do the other stuff, it's a definite grind to finish all 128 and you might as well get started once you get a handle on the basic mechanics. 

I feel weird for spending the whole day on doing all stages in one rune xD

I only need to complete the Hard levels for Rapunzel, gettiing the trophy related to the phone messages and the trophy for Axis Mundi (I've heard this one has a glitch that makes impossible to beat it in single player) Is it that true? If it isn't I could give it a chance... I've heard that the best way to beat Axis Mundi is doing it in pair mode.

Yea, afaik all versions apart from JP one have this glitch.

Though, some people actually claim to clear solo Axis Mundi so... not really impossible per se, but nearly impossible. =D

Yea, afaik all versions apart from JP one have this glitch.

Though, some people actually claim to clear solo Axis Mundi so... not really impossible per se, but nearly impossible. =D

I saw a youtube video where a guy beat the Axis Mundi and it wasn't the JP version, I just was checking it for a few minutes and I noticed that I am a n00b, that guy really was a pro. xD

I just bought a copy of Catherine on eBay, so I should get it next week. I am hoping that I am going to be done with MDN, be next weekend.

I wish you the best of luck with MDN, You will have fun with Catherine, if you need some help, you can ask me for tips. :)

I did them in 2 days and it was so boring.

Rapunzel is literally the reason this game took me 11 months. I just stopped playing I got so bored with it. All told play time I finished the game in under two weeks. >. <

I just bought a copy of Catherine on eBay, so I should get it next week. I am hoping that I am going to be done with MDN, be next weekend.

Awesome :D.

Rapunzel is literally the reason this game took me 11 months. I just stopped playing I got so bored with it. All told play time I finished the game in under two weeks. >. <

Same here, I started playing when it was a golden game in THL and returned later. Also took me around 2 weeks to plat it.

I saved all those levels for last and I believe it took me the same amount of time. Sad thing is there were actually some pretty cool puzzles in Rapunzel that were unique from the main game, they just put waaaay too many levels for it :/

Me too dood. After 20 puzzles I didn't even care anymore and skipped all the story parts just to get it done. I imagine getting the 30k BTs in SO4 feels like the same thing.

they just put waaaay too many levels for it :/

I strongly believe it was a trolling =D

Someone was like "Hey, we put a pretty boring feature into the game, you know what...? Let's let players clear it once only to realize they need to clear it once more :awesome:"

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Let's do this brother.

a__sc__changing_of_the_guard_by_jael_kol

Ot:

Bookmarked the guides and some youtube vids. Ready to start this one after Xcom and Helldivers.

Joining forces :D

You are going to try to make it your #100th platinum? Me too, great minds must really think alike. Good luck on your climb.  :)

Finally got the gold prize on Stage 5 (Hard) after more attempts than I would like to admit. No joke, one time I was on the same level as the bell platform, all I had to do was get the last coin and jump on the finishing block, and somehow I pushed the wrong direction and went flying off the edge due to the ice.  :facepalm: That boss was starting to get really annoying. On my successful run, the boss just decided to pick up and throw away the blocks I had setup for stairs. Thought I was done for, but I was able to improvise and with some quick thinking, found a different route up.  B)

good to know mate, indeed i will, i have the game at 80 and decided to give the honor since the plat itself and game deserves.

You really like that image, don't you? Welcome bud :highfive:.

a132j8.gif

what can i say bud? :P

• Like 1

The hell? Well... that's about as far from the truth as you can have o.O

There's literally NO hentai anywhere.

(Snips out a lot of other stuff)

Ugh, I sure stirred up a hornet's nest! Sorry everyone, I was wrong about the nudity and all that, it's just that I was spoiled to the story from watching videos on Youtube. But even though I apologized for my words, I still won't play Catherine because I don't like puzzle games that would cause me to bite my arm(yes, I do that when I get very aggravated, I know it's unsafe :( ) in rage. I'm probably making bad assumptions and, maybe, in a year or two when I get enough money or a job to pay the bills, might go ahead and try it. If I do platinum this game, I'll give a big apology to everyone I upset on this thread in my checklist. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

YES!!!!! All gold prizes have been obtained on Hard difficulty. B)  Oh man, stage 9-5 about broke my will to keep playing. In my frustration, I'm pretty sure that I called the level designers every horrible name imaginable. So glad that I'll never have to play that level ever again. 

Next up, the exciting action-packed Rapunzel mini-game. Think I'll go drink a Cuba Libre, whisky, sake, and a beer to make the grind more tolerable and hopefully go by faster.

• Like 2

YES!!!!! All gold prizes have been obtained on Hard difficulty. B)  Oh man, stage 9-5 about broke my will to keep playing. In my frustration, I'm pretty sure that I called the level designers every horrible name imaginable. So glad that I'll never have to play that level ever again. 

Next up, the exciting action-packed Rapunzel mini-game. Think I'll go drink a Cuba Libre, whisky, sake, and a beer to make the grind more tolerable and hopefully go by faster.

Awesome, congrats :yay:. Stage 9-5 was the worst one for me too. Oh and then there was 9-2 with the monster blocks that kept moving, 5-3 where the boss would blow away blocks that I needed, 4-2 where the boss got a super speed boost, and 3-3 where the boss would spam those hearts. What were we talking about again :hmm:?

• Like 1

We've all been there =D

Literally because of stage 9-5, it's at least 9.5 difficulty =D

A quick mini-update. Completed 64 stages of Rapunzel. Just 64 more to go. Oh joy  :|

Awesome, congrats  :yay:. Stage 9-5 was the worst one for me too. Oh and then there was 9-2 with the monster blocks that kept moving, 5-3 where the boss would blow away blocks that I needed, 4-2 where the boss got a super speed boost, and 3-3 where the boss would spam those hearts. What were we talking about again  :hmm:?

Yep, so many frustrating stages that the list could just keep on going and going. I must have gotten lucky on stage 9-2 because I didn't have too much of a problem with the moving monster blocks. Stage 9-6 was really really easy compared to 9-5, but there was one little part right near the end that I never could find a consistent way to get past. Even in the guide videos I watched, they just pulled some ridiculous luck to get by it. Kind of hard to  describe it without using a video, but maybe you know the part that I'm talking about. I was about to give up and come ask you advisers for any advice, but then on my last run two monster blocks just magically moved into place and created some obvious steps. 

We've all been there =D

Literally because of stage 9-5, it's at least 9.5 difficulty =D

I see what you did there.  :D