Persona 5...Does it exist?

ilikebig

It's only been around 3-4 years since it started development. It was rumored to be a thing in 2009, but they hadn't actually started on it yet. Confirmation of it didn't come until 2012, and they've only really shown anything off of it in, what, was it 2014?. It's due out this year - any time between now and June [Q2/Q3 of 2016]. Could be delayed into Q4 or 2017.

But it's definitely not in development hell - I don't even think it's even been delayed.

Silent Hills also isn't a good comparison - it wasn't delayed, it was outright scrapped. It was cancelled the year after it was even revealed. It was during all the hell that was going on with Kojima Productions and Konami.

• Like 2

It's only been around 3-4 years since it started development. It was rumored to be a thing in 2009, but they hadn't actually started on it yet. Confirmation of it didn't come until 2012, and they've only really shown anything off of it in, what, was it 2014?. It's due out this year - any time between now and June [Q2/Q3 of 2016]. Could be delayed into Q4 or 2017.

But it's definitely not in development hell - I don't even think it's even been delayed.

Silent Hills also isn't a good comparison - it wasn't delayed, it was outright scrapped. It was cancelled the year after it was even revealed. It was during all the hell that was going on with Kojima Productions and Konami.

Well iirc there was a point where Atlus said it'd be out in 2015...which of course, nobody took seriously xD 

There's also the switching of parent companies so I would assume that had some impact, as well as the extra titles that spawned as a result. (Persona Q, Dancing All Night). And while I get there are different dev teams, you can't tell me they didn't at least have to redirect attention at some point ultimately affecting Persona 5.

I think we'll see it July/August. Probably.

I don't know anything about Persona 5 but there was no actual footage of Silent Hills. P.T. was just a teaser, not a demo of the game. And the "trailer" for Silent Hills was just a concept video that was made before they even started working on P.T. You can even see some re-used assets from Metal Gear Solid V in the video.

Yeah theres footage but there was also footage of games like silent hills which got delayed into extinction. Something tells me, this game will meet the same fate. How longs it been, 7 years!?

Don't say things like that! You're going to make me cry  :angry:

Yeah theres footage but there was also footage of games like silent hills which got delayed into extinction. Something tells me, this game will meet the same fate. How longs it been, 7 years!?

You do realize Persona 3 came out 6 years after Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and not only did it improve massively upon its predecessor, it pushed the franchise into worldwide recognition. A long development cycle doesn't mean a game got canned, not every developer is like Ubisoft or Activision.

Edited by jrdemr
  • Like 4

Nope it does not exist.

Right now :awesome:

Well iirc there was a point where Atlus said it'd be out in 2015...which of course, nobody took seriously xD

On the contrary. People took it seriously.

And Hardin got what he deserved for saying BS.

It does and it looks fantastic!  Best guess is a Q3 release in Japan and coming before year end in North America.

Q3 is too optimistic even for Japan.

Confirmation of it didn't come until 2012, 

Iirc, it was 2011

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Because I'm easy come, easy go

A little high, little low

Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

• Like 2

Mama, just killed a man,

Put a gun against his head,

Pulled my trigger, now he's dead.

Mama, life had just begun,

But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

• Like 1

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...

Mama, just killed a man,

Put a gun against his head,

Pulled my trigger, now he's dead.

Mama, life had just begun,

But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

:giggle: