Dark Souls 3 - starter class

chickenbaltipie

Dark Souls 3 starter class  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which class are you going to start with?

• Knight
    • Mercenary
    • Warrior
    • Herald
    • Theif
    • Assassin
    • Sorcerer
    • Pyromancer
    • Cleric
    • Deprived

Here here. No armor + big ass sword = win. 

But you can always get a big ass sword and no armor, the starting stats are what is important. If the luck stat is useless, then you start out invested a lot of points into a sat that is useless.

Really, stats is all you really want to look at, see that stats you normally wouldn't invest into aren't invested into, or at least not more than what you want invested in it.

Edited by MMDE

It's a no brainer, knight hands down for my first playthrough main run. However, mercenary sounds intriguing. And I would like to peek at what the warrior starts with in his inventory. I wish there was a paladin class. Hey! If you like 2D awesome platformers and you like dark souls, demons souls, bloodborne.. Well then, you should really get salt and sanctuary. It's holding me down until DS3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little disappointed in the Deprived class. A level 1 run is a lot easier here than in DS2, because you have stats from the beginning that allow you to use a lot of weapons. 

Also, although I generally skew towards magic, I've decided to go with a STR/DEX build this time (mostly because I killed that stupid master with the Uchigatana early, and I love the bleed effect of the Uchigatana). DEX makes arrows great, and arrows seem incredibly overpowered in PvE (tons of sniping opportunities, at least early on). I fought three people last night as a Blue Sentinel, and beat them all, so I'm happy enough at the moment.

WOW what an amazing looking game

I've only managed to play 9 minutes of it so far and, while it looks amazing, the frame-pacing is totally screwy and makes it feel jerky. Hopefully they can figure out a way to patch this.

Anyway, on topic, started out as a Deprived like I said I would... I thought I'd have the opportunity to find at least one set of armour before finding a boss! Oh no!

Anyone know if there's an armour set in the starting area that I've missed? Or do I have to get past this guy buck-ass naked with my club and crappy wooden shield?

• Like 2