Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chickenbaltipie

Dark Souls 3 - starter class

Dark Souls 3 starter class   105 members have voted

1. 1. Which class are you going to start with?

• Knight
    • Mercenary
    • Warrior
    • Herald
    • Theif
    • Assassin
    • Sorcerer
    • Pyromancer
    • Cleric
    • Deprived

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

Here here. No armor + big ass sword = win. 

But you can always get a big ass sword and no armor, the starting stats are what is important. If the luck stat is useless, then you start out invested a lot of points into a sat that is useless.

Really, stats is all you really want to look at, see that stats you normally wouldn't invest into aren't invested into, or at least not more than what you want invested in it.

Edited by MMDE

Thanks for the heads up. A shame that stealth isn't a mechanic in DS, it would have been really awesome to see what FSoftware could have done with it. 

having said that the assassin is new this year and his first spell "spook" which quietens movement - you could try this

i have played with almost all classes in previous games, maybe will go with pyromancer or assassins now

First playthrough I always start as Knight, loving the starting armour. I try to go full and pure melee, then I get a miracle, then I get a pyro spell, and I end up with a mess of a build. Always fun.

First playthrough I always start as Knight, loving the starting armour. I try to go full and pure melee, then I get a miracle, then I get a pyro spell, and I end up with a mess of a build. Always fun.

ha ha that sums me up usually

Just had a look at the starting classes and I'll definitely be going with the way of the knight and go the path I have in all Souls games, with tank build with a big-ass shield, an even bigger-ass sword and a bow for any pesky magic weilding enemies.

Very likely, DS3 is mechanically closer to Demon's Souls than DS1 or 2. Core gameplay hasn't changed drastically and the mana bar makes its return.

Yay, the time to spam spells is nigh :awesome:.

I'll probably go with one of the magic classes. Pyromancer doesn't require stat input like faith/sorcery-based classes and some of the AoE spells are devastating.... but I love the Chameleon spell, so there's that going for sorceries.

I don't really know which class I will choose maybe a warrior or a knight for melee build or cleric or sorcery for magic build. But I'm sure I will try several classes :P

I am probably going with Sorcerer, although I may do Pyromancer for my second run, if I ever do one.

I'll start as the Thief, I usually do thought it doesn't matter after a while.

It's a no brainer, knight hands down for my first playthrough main run. However, mercenary sounds intriguing. And I would like to peek at what the warrior starts with in his inventory. I wish there was a paladin class. Hey! If you like 2D awesome platformers and you like dark souls, demons souls, bloodborne.. Well then, you should really get salt and sanctuary. It's holding me down until DS3.

Sorcerer? Argh Casuals :P

mine is gonna be Knight

I always play Deprived. This will be no different.

I love how the knight armor looks so i'm gonna play that as my first character.

I convinced myself that the assassin was a good way to start now i just can't make my mind up.

Deprived master race! Starting out with nothing and making the slow climb to all out badassery adds some fun to these already outstanding games.

For some strange reason i took a massive U-turn last night and played as the sorcerer...

So far loving it

WOW what an amazing looking game

Not much love for the Cleric here

I started as a Herald, semi-Cleric I suppose. Figured a character with a Heal Spell and 100% Shield would help in the beginning.

I'm a little disappointed in the Deprived class. A level 1 run is a lot easier here than in DS2, because you have stats from the beginning that allow you to use a lot of weapons. 

Also, although I generally skew towards magic, I've decided to go with a STR/DEX build this time (mostly because I killed that stupid master with the Uchigatana early, and I love the bleed effect of the Uchigatana). DEX makes arrows great, and arrows seem incredibly overpowered in PvE (tons of sniping opportunities, at least early on). I fought three people last night as a Blue Sentinel, and beat them all, so I'm happy enough at the moment.

WOW what an amazing looking game

I've only managed to play 9 minutes of it so far and, while it looks amazing, the frame-pacing is totally screwy and makes it feel jerky. Hopefully they can figure out a way to patch this.

Anyway, on topic, started out as a Deprived like I said I would... I thought I'd have the opportunity to find at least one set of armour before finding a boss! Oh no!

Anyone know if there's an armour set in the starting area that I've missed? Or do I have to get past this guy buck-ass naked with my club and crappy wooden shield?