Dark Souls 3 - starter class

chickenbaltipie

Dark Souls 3 starter class  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which class are you going to start with?

• Knight
    • Mercenary
    • Warrior
    • Herald
    • Theif
    • Assassin
    • Sorcerer
    • Pyromancer
    • Cleric
    • Deprived

I've only managed to play 9 minutes of it so far and, while it looks amazing, the frame-pacing is totally screwy and makes it feel jerky. Hopefully they can figure out a way to patch this.

Anyway, on topic, started out as a Deprived like I said I would... I thought I'd have the opportunity to find at least one set of armour before finding a boss! Oh no!

Anyone know if there's an armour set in the starting area that I've missed? Or do I have to get past this guy buck-ass naked with my club and crappy wooden shield?

I think it's buck-ass naked for you. The drops I got from enemies were faded souls and a cleric's sacred chime, neither of which was useful.

• Like 1

this is what my knight has achieved so far :P

Ludex Gundyr , Vordt of boreal Valley , curse rooted greatsword , Crystal sage ,

Lords of cinder : Abyss Watchers , High lord Wolnir , Deacons of the deep

I'm so so happy, incredible how from just learns from all their masterpieces and they just improve and improve 

• Like 1

I think it's buck-ass naked for you. The drops I got from enemies were faded souls and a cleric's sacred chime, neither of which was useful.

Managed to do it in the end... phew! He was aggressive. 

Now my Deprived is almost fully armoured in the Deserter set, (just missing gloves), has a longsword and just found a shield. He's almost a starter character!

Once you get to the first main area after Firelink Shrine, seems you'll be able to find everything you need right there with a bit of luck.

• Like 1

I ended up choosing the Herald, and I like it. It starts out with a good shield that blocks 100% of physical damage, plus a healing spell. Quite high luck, though, and I haven't seemed to benefit from that yet. The spear is not a particularly good weapon, but luckily I found a broadsword not long after I reached the High Wall of Lothric, so I'm happy with the choice.

By the way, I must just tell you about how much I struggled with the first red-caped knight I found. Mein Gott, I died four times!! To an ordinary knight! I rolled around like a b0$$, but somehow I always ended up dying. I really love playing a new Souls-game. When I die in Dark Souls I or II, it's usually because I screw up (because I know the areas and the enemy movements so well after many playthroughs), but here I was beaten by a normal knight in a fair fight where I did not make any notable mistakes (other than being hit, obviously).

I ended up choosing the Herald, and I like it. It starts out with a good shield that blocks 100% of physical damage, plus a healing spell. Quite high luck, though, and I haven't seemed to benefit from that yet. The spear is not a particularly good weapon, but luckily I found a broadsword not long after I reached the High Wall of Lothric, so I'm happy with the choice.

By the way, I must just tell you about how much I struggled with the first red-caped knight I found. Mein Gott, I died four times!! To an ordinary knight! I rolled around like a b0$$, but somehow I always ended up dying. I really love playing a new Souls-game. When I die in Dark Souls I or II, it's usually because I screw up (because I know the areas and the enemy movements so well after many playthroughs), but here I was beaten by a normal knight in a fair fight where I did not make any notable mistakes (other than being hit, obviously).

thank God for that - i though it was just me, that guy is annoying as f*ck.

I pass him much easier now but he was destroying me early game

[snip]

[snip]

I found a rapier on the corpse in the garden where you fight the big fat knight with the halberd. 

Rapier works a charm on the knights. Get around to their weapon side and stab a few times. Because it's so fast, you can interrupt the knights' attacks really easily. 

Just leave yourself enough stamina to roll away if you're not going to kill them in the current combo and you're golden. Once I learned how to use the rapier I was finally able to get into the fight with the frost guy!