Is this easier to platinum than FFXIII?

mannysevenDX

I am about to platinum FFXIII but the game took me 120hrs!! it was so stressful at times with all the farming and worring about selling something i shouldnt be.

SO are the trophies in this game easier? i do see that for most people the average time to platinum is 3-5 days. 

ANY TIPS?

mannysevenDX.png

FFXIII was a rather easy platinum, like 2-3/10, just took a good while, especially if you waited until the end with grinding. Best FFXIII money grind spot, which is both faster and easier than anywhere else is not accessible in post-game. Can't remember where it was... (like I remember the location, just not chapter or name, I want to say chapter 11 or something)

Anyway, FFXIII-2's difficulty is a bit higher IMO, but like instead of being 2-3/10 it's more like 3/10 or maybe 3-4/10. :P The hardest parts would be secret boss (just like FFXIII, but this one is harder IMO), and one of the ending bosses where you fight alone, there's also some other fights etc.

As for if it's shorter? FFXIII takes about 60-70 hours if done "correctly", even for a person who has never played the game before. FFXIII-2 takes about the same time I think, but it's not because you gotta grind for hours, it's more about various items you gotta collect, enemies to fight, locations to go to, treasures to find, endings to complete. etc

Also, personally, I felt that near the end of FFXIII-2, it felt more like some of the fun of the earlier FF games, like the same feeling that those earlier games have pretty much all the time.

Tips?

Try to understand the level up system, so you level up efficiently. Spread level grinding out throughout the game. Do like 15-20 minutes grind most places you go to. You will be OP and you won't feel like grinding takes forever and is super boring.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Follwoing a guide for both games and also taking the time to enjoy both, FFXIII took me 121 hours and XIII-2 took me half the time. I found XIII-2 a little bit easier and some trophies were more fun. As long as you take the game seriously though while also enjoying yourself, the plat shouldn't be too much of a hassle

• 1 month later...

You can plat XIII-2 in about half the time. A good way of going through the game (for me) was using Piggyback's guide. Is complete and guides you through every trophy you need.

Really? So XIII-2 can easily be platinumed in like 25-30 hours for a new player? :S I think both games are about the same, and the reason for this is that the FFXIII grind isn't that big if done correctly, and FFXIII-2 has a lot more endings, items to collect, places to go, secrets etc.

I still don't really get the question about difficulty, because neither games are anywhere near being hard.

Another tip for OP would be to research what could actually affect your completion time. Like finding out what the biggest grind is and how to reduce it. Or a good idea about what it is in the game that takes the most amount of time, so you can start to work on it as early as possible, not wait until the end. These kind of stuff can reduce platinum times with 10s of hours in games like these.

I saw someone plat FFXIII in less than 20 hours.

I can't find any speedruns for FFXIII-2 that's platinum runs, but I get something nearby that is for 160 cores, which is at around 13 hours, but that is still missing a bit I think, which would add a bit of time to the plat.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...

Really? So XIII-2 can easily be platinumed in like 25-30 hours for a new player? :S I think both games are about the same, and the reason for this is that the FFXIII grind isn't that big if done correctly, and FFXIII-2 has a lot more endings, items to collect, places to go, secrets etc.

I still don't really get the question about difficulty, because neither games are anywhere near being hard.

Another tip for OP would be to research what could actually affect your completion time. Like finding out what the biggest grind is and how to reduce it. Or a good idea about what it is in the game that takes the most amount of time, so you can start to work on it as early as possible, not wait until the end. These kind of stuff can reduce platinum times with 10s of hours in games like these.

I saw someone plat FFXIII in less than 20 hours.

I can't find any speedruns for FFXIII-2 that's platinum runs, but I get something nearby that is for 160 cores, which is at around 13 hours, but that is still missing a bit I think, which would add a bit of time to the plat.

He's saying that FFXIII-2 can be done in 60 hours, which is half the time it took OP to do FFXIII (120 hours), not that FFXIII-2 can be done in 25-30 hours

• Like 1

13-2 Is a tad bit easier, the only really hard part is one of the hidden bosses that you might have to grind/level/mix up your party but if you have that specific party it's easy. 13 isn't hard either just SUPER grindy on horrid RNG. FF13-2 can be done in 60-80 hours or less. 99% of FF13 can be done in 60 hours, that other 1% takes 60+ more hours.

99% of FF13 can be done in 60 hours, that other 1% takes 60+ more hours.

???????

I totally get it if people spend up to 10 hours on the missions, but the money grind can be done in 5 hours and is not heavily affected by RNG, that is of course if you do it at a certain point before post-game.

Edited by MMDE

???????

I totally get it if people spend up to 10 hours on the missions, but the money grind can be done in 5 hours and is not heavily affected by RNG, that is of course if you do it at a certain point before post-game.

It`s been a little while but before mission 62 or 64 or something, you should farm Adamantoise`s for there drops to grind money. Though you needed a certain spray '-- the things to boost your party. So you had to earn those boosts, and considering if I was LUCKY Vanille`s Death worked 1 in 3 battles, and even LUCKIER if maybe 1 in 8 Adamantoises dropped the item, I believe the item sells for something like 40,000g or something. Considering I would get maybe 2-3 drops every 1-1.5 hours, it was horribly long for me.

It`s been a little while but before mission 62 or 64 or something, you should farm Adamantoise`s for there drops to grind money. Though you needed a certain spray '-- the things to boost your party. So you had to earn those boosts, and considering if I was LUCKY Vanille`s Death worked 1 in 3 battles, and even LUCKIER if maybe 1 in 8 Adamantoises dropped the item, I believe the item sells for something like 40,000g or something. Considering I would get maybe 2-3 drops every 1-1.5 hours, it was horribly long for me.

You shouldn't grind Adamantoise for trapz to sell for money, you should however grind for the few trapz you need as upgrading materials, because they cost so much more than they sell for. So yeah, they are worth grinding for as a material you need, but not to sell, because the drop is so dependent on RNG and so requiring. The best place to grind for money is before post-game, at around chapter 11 I think, and then you need to grind for about 4-6 hours to get all the money you need for the platinum.

I remember when I did Adamantoise for the trapz, I didn't rely on death, I did the biggest ones head-on. Those were immune to death, so death would if done properly do insane damage. You basically call for Vanille's summon and then it will break the adamantoise's legs and you can poison it and drag that part out as long as you can doing as much damage as possible without really doing much. Then weaken it with things like enfire I think, build up stagger to almost max, and spam death and some other stuff. Kill without it ever attacking you IIRC. This can be done with a far from max stat party, certainly without Dark Matter powered up team, but Dark Matter upgrades makes a HUGE difference.

Edited by MMDE

You shouldn't grind Adamantoise for trapz to sell for money, you should however grind for the few trapz you need as upgrading materials, because they cost so much more than they sell for. So yeah, they are worth grinding for as a material you need, but not to sell, because the drop is so dependent on RNG and so requiring. The best place to grind for money is before post-game, at around chapter 11 I think, and then you need to grind for about 4-6 hours to get all the money you need for the platinum.

I remember when I did Adamantoise for the trapz, I didn't rely on death, I did the biggest ones head-on. Those were immune to death, so death would if done properly do insane damage. You basically call for Vanille's summon and then it will break the adamantoise's legs and you can poison it and drag that part out as long as you can doing as much damage as possible without really doing much. Then weaken it with things like enfire I think, build up stagger to almost max, and spam death and some other stuff. Kill without it ever attacking you IIRC. This can be done with a far from max stat party, certainly without Dark Matter powered up team, but Dark Matter upgrades makes a HUGE difference.

Unfortunately, I was already post game. I also didn`t belong to any community at the time, and the guides I used at the time only really specified trapz for gold. That`s why I`m glad I belong to PSNP, anytime I need gaming advice, i have people to rely on. So yeah, follow MMDE`s advice, don`t use trapz for gold farming, the RNG for trapz is a LONG(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) grind.

• 6 years later...

I know it is an old thread but I got FF XIII done in 76 hours, I complete the story in about 40h and I grind for another 36h because I got bad RNG.

However FF XIII-2 is much easier I complete almost half of the Fragments just by playing the game and a lot of the bosses are very easy to complete with 5 stars rating if you play on Easy (even on normal which is the difficulty I play), I'd say that FF XIII-2 is 45 to 75 hours if you take your time with the game.

• 4 months later...