Which to buy in order?

Infected Elite

Among the number of ps4 games coming out I'm buying in a the next few weeks..

There are a number of ps3 games I always wanted and haven't played yet. But now that they'd be cheaper, which is best to buy first ?

- Bioshock Infinite (beat 1&2)

- Borderlands Pre-Sequel (beat 1&2)

- Far Cry 3 (4 was okay. Heard 3 is better)

I'd say Bioshock Infinite is the best game there if you like story driven games, but it's purely SP. Apparently the DLC is good and ties the story back to Bioshock, but I'm waiting for the remasters to try the DLC out so I'm not really 100%.

If you like MP, you may have more fun with Borderlands

FC3 is good, but I'd argue that FC4 had better gameplay overall. FC3 had a better story though. 

I'd definitely say Bioshock Infinite, although it's very different to the first two games I really enjoyed it along with the DLC.

I don't see the fascination of Borderlands but that's just my personal opinion, a lot of people love it.

As for Far Cry 3, it's a good game. I've not played the fourth but my brother has and says there's not that much difference to the third.

so:

1. Bioshock Infinite

2. Borderlands (although not my cup of tea)

3. Far Cry 3 (because it's not much different to Far Cry 4)

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1

Bioshock Infinite is Good but not as Good as 1 &2 overall imo . Far Cry 3 is Good too but got repetitive after a couple of hours for me . Cant talk about Borderlands Pre-Sequel , only played a bit of Borderlands 1 and wasn'ty cup of tea at all.

• Like 1

To make this a bit more complicated and entertaining here's my advice: I played FC3 last of the 3 games for a second time because i liked it so much :) . Neither "Infinite" nor "The-Presequel" had this impact on me. Bioshock Infinite isn't a bad game, but it couldn't exceed my expectations... for me it was to far away from the first Bioshock, which impressed me dearly...

I'd recommend:

Far Cry 3

Bioshock Infinite

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

And if you're thinking about getting the Platinum or even 100% of any game, FC3 is the easiest for 100% i'm sure... at least it hasn't any DLC trophies (one factor why i played it again :D )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bioshock Infinite. Not as great as the first Bioshock, but still a fun game with an interesting enough plot.

Borderlands the Pre-sequel you can skip over if you want, you aren't really missing out on anything. It's enjoyable enough if you're a Borderlands fan, but it doesn't really add anything new to the table.

Farcry 3 is one of those games I ended up somewhat rushing through because I wasn't enjoying it a great deal (also, it kept causing my PS3 to randomly shut itself down occasionally. Blood Dragon did the same thing, not sure why).

The storyline was pretty dull and un-engaging, and I didn't find the landscape particularly interesting to explore. Since you've already played Farcry 4, don't expect this game to be much different. It's basically just a slightly worse Farcry 4.

If you're into good plot and really good shooting mechanics - then definitely Bioshock Infinite (though not so mindblowing as 1). But if you haven't experienced Vaas from Far Cry 3 - go for it. His madness is equally cool and canon to games world as plot twist from Bioshock 1. So I'd say Far Cry 3.

Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game, one of the best looking on the PS3 in my opinion. If you're a Bioshock fan then go for that one.

I like the Borderlands games but haven't played the pre-sequel yet. Can't say in regard to Far Cry 3 though as I've only played Classic and 2.