PS4 may soon have cross-play with Xbox One!

FlareXV

I agree but you can't deny that Sony's actions of 2006 to 2010 are the same of Microsoft right now. 

I'm not following your point.

Are you saying that Sony initially providing a console that played all previous generation games for a high price should be brought up in the same conversation as Microsoft backing down on a policy they had entrenched because its hurting them?

I'm not following your point.

Are you saying that Sony initially providing a console that played all previous generation games for a high price should be brought up in the same conversation as Microsoft backing down on a policy they had entrenched because its hurting them?

I'm talking about some of the key points in your post. 

Your post implies that MS is only doing this because their losing dividends which to is probably true, but you bring no evidence to support such a fact. Which results in hyperbole.  

EDIT: Also, the "parity clause" is what was hurting MS, not "cross-play". 

Edited by FlareXV

I have to agree another way of forcing win 10.

snake in the grass they are

I have to agree another way of forcing win 10.

snake in the grass they are

Every company is a snake in the grass, its just that MS mess up and don't know how to fix it. 

The basis is that MS has allowed cross-play with different services for certain games. That means more unity and a much bigger pool to swim in. 

Every company is a snake in the grass, its just that MS mess up and don't know how to fix it. 

The basis is that MS has allowed cross-play with different services for certain games. That means more unity and a much bigger pool to swim in. 

What they are saying will never happen, outside of Xbox One and PC... which you know is for no reason other than a desperate attempt to make the Xbox relevant again and capitalize on their Windows 10 install base.  There's no unity, the companies aren't trying to "get along".  The customer isn't the focus.  It's a power move.  Don't let companies get away with poor business practices because they say nice, cheap, empty words they know you want to hear.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'm talking about some of the key points in your post. 

Your post implies that MS is only doing this because their losing dividends which to is probably true, but you bring no evidence to support such a fact. Which results in hyperbole.  

EDIT: Also, the "parity clause" is what was hurting MS, not "cross-play". 

No I didn't.

I said -  "Its a given that Microsoft want this, they're the market losers", which is a fact.  A dividend is a pay out based upon share profit, if I were to say that I would be implying I don't know anything about business.

The parity argument is also not of relevance here - and I like how you state that I'm making statements hyperbolic in nature, yet in the next sentence do what you criticise.  Where's the evidence that the parity clause hurts Microsoft"?

Edited by LastPisTolman

What they are saying will never happen, outside of Xbox One and PC... which you know is for no reason other than a desperate attempt to make the Xbox relevant again and capitalize on their Windows 10 install base.  There's no unity, the companies aren't trying to "get along".  The customer isn't the focus.  It's a power move.  Don't let companies get away with poor business practices because they say nice, cheap, empty words they know you want to hear.

I get the feeling you are upset by this move...

I get the feeling you are upset by this move...

What... Microsoft's utter disregard for the progress the PC gaming environment has made getting away from GFWL and it's closed-off ilk since it's necessary death a few years ago?  Yeah, I'm not loving it.  Not that there's much substantial to the article anyways, or the thread.  Just a bunch of kids getting off on an idea that'll never happen and vehemently defending something they don't understand, and a company that doesn't deserve it.

Edited by Dreakon13

Do see the focus on Windows 10. PC players on Windows 10 will be able to connect to X1, and this is what MS invites Sony to connect their players to.... eh

This is just like when they were pushing for cloud computing. MS had just invested heavily in their new server farm, and now they wanted gamers to push developers and publishers to use it. They made confusing statements like the cloud services would be free for developers. This was confusing, because many thought this meant that it was a free service for people who released games on X1, when it merely meant that devs could use it for free while they were developing their games, not when it was released. Getting to use the service for free while developing, would mean that they lock themselves to using MS's services when they finally release the game, so that was MS making money. You also had the confusion about how X1 was the only console that could use cloud computing or that Sony would have to use their own servers etc. This goes towards much the same misunderstandings as when people think when they play online on PS4 or X1, that they play on Sony or MS's servers. This is of course incorrect. Really, you could release a game on PS4 that uses MS servers and MS cloud computing services just fine, but you could also use some other cloud computing service.

Point is, it's usually about future plans and money. MS is suicide bombing X1 atm, and trying to take with them PS4 and any future consoles at the same time.

Edited by MMDE

Why do you seem so press over something that doesn't affect you?

Don't use it if you don't want it. If this means a chance of Fifa cross-play, then I'm all for it.

FIFA Cross-play between PS4 and X1 will never happen. It'll be too unfair. Xbox has 'Legends' players which is exclusive to them and also a few rare cards on FUT. The prices of players on the transfer market vary too. Unless EA brings Legends to PS4, probably not gonna happen.

It's silly. Many people wanted this a long time ago. They refused. For them to be open to this idea at last will likely be seen more as desperation than generosity, something that Microsoft isn't known for in contrast to say the Playstation brand and Nintendo. They will always be scheming to make this work in their favour the best. I think that Sony is smart enough to not bother. The same for other platforms as well.

On the note of 12 year olds, highly unlikely nowadays. Most people use chat parties and computer chat apps like C3, Mumble and Discord. Most people mute themselves too. The last time it was loud was in Shadow Fall, but I didn't mind because there is a difference between a 12 year old not from Australia, and a bogan kid hue hue hue.

FIFA Cross-play between PS4 and X1 will never happen. It'll be too unfair. Xbox has 'Legends' players which is exclusive to them and also a few rare cards on FUT. The prices of players on the transfer market vary too. Unless EA brings Legends to PS4, probably not gonna happen.

They could always disable Legends just like the exclusive weapons in Destiny.