TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan coming May 24

Since the story is based in the IDW universe and that's their look, makes sense. IMO it looks better than they do in the last and next movie.

True that. To their defense, it is really hard to make the turtles not look extremely weird, regardless of artstyle and medium.

• Like 1

They should have made it look like the original cartoon, similar to how the new Transformers looked - and then make a Defenders of the earth game

Hell no, I love their look from back then but the cartoon is atrocious, this way we'll have a story written by one of the comics creators (current), and that's one of, if not THE, best version of the franchise ever released.

• Like 1

My TMNT experience is limited to the Turtles in Time SNES game. I regret not getting more invested into this series back then, but that experience was enough to get me giddy at the notion of Platinum making a game out of this, so I'm pretty excited to see it coming out so soon!

Granted, this feels like a pretty similar reveal -> release time frame to Transformers Devastation. And that game is great, but it still feels like a bit of an apparent rush job. I was hoping for this game to have more time to be polished... but eh, that also means I can expect the game to be as much of a blast to play :P

Earlier today I was thinking "I would love to do a We Play where it would be a couple of forum members working towards a platinum" but I couldn't think of any co-op game that I would be interested in going for.

This might be a perfect game to do it with :). Maybe for a Summer event (as it will probably be on sale by then).

Looks fun; but the combat appears to be rather basic. That's a shame, too -- as Transformers: Devastation had one of the deepest combat systems that PlatinumGames has ever developed. I played the game several times after I platinum'd both versions because it was just fun to play. 

Still excited; but all of my hype resides with NieR: Automata. Now that game looks to have a fun combat system -- even if the game will be easy.