Bloodborne Frustration

Dragn_Whytefyre

After many, MANY attempts, I finally beat defiled Amygdala, by far the hardest boss I've yet encountered. I had actually come really close to defeating it on a previous attempt, got it down to maybe 5% health but then one of it's jumps oneshotted me. I just stayed at its tail the whole fight, made for a really long and tense fight but I just couldn't beat it using any other strategy. I usually reached phase three pretty easily, but then it was game over. Staying at its tail actually made phase three much easier, as it no longer could slash at me with its arms.

I also finished the Old Hunters dlc today, so the platinum and 100% is getting closer :).

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

After many, MANY attempts, I finally beat defiled Amygdala, by far the hardest boss I've yet encountered. I had actually come really close to defeating it on a previous attempt, got it down to maybe 5% health but then one of it's jumps oneshotted me. I just stayed at its tail the whole fight, made for a really long and tense fight but I just couldn't beat it using any other strategy. I usually reached phase three pretty easily, but then it was game over. Staying at its tail actually made phase three much easier, as it no longer could slash at me with its arms.

I also finished the Old Hunters dlc today, so the platinum and 100% is getting closer :).

Well done :) and yes that boss was a pain in the arse! Once you get the defiled dungeon out of the way you are on the home stretch ?

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread here - I just started playing Bloodborne and I quit before I go mad. I’m also stuck at that boss now and there are two things really bothering me in this game: dodging and Blood Vials not replenishing. I played Dark Souls 3 before and had 100% fun playing that. I thought I would feel the same with Bloodborne but the fact you can’t roll while locked on and the camera messing up A LOT during boss fights is really annoying. My character often doesn’t dodge where I direct it to and sometimes the lock on disappears from itself and I’m unable to lock on again - for that I have to literally spam R3 multiple times to lock on again. Oh, and while doing that the camera randomly spins away from the boss. So frustrating!

The Blood Vials not replenishing is just such a bore, after having a long boss fight and having used all my Blood Vials, I die and have to farm them because no way I’m going into a boss fight without health potions. If it wasn’t for the Blood Vials, I would keep playing but I just quit cause I don’t feel like doing boring stuff. 

I love the atmosphere of this game but... the praise it got just seems so exaggerated to me now.

Edited by LoveInHell

16 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Reviving an old thread here - I just started playing Bloodborne and I quit before I go mad. I’m also stuck at that boss now and there are two things really bothering me in this game: dodging and Blood Vials not replenishing. I played Dark Souls 3 before and had 100% fun playing that. I thought I would feel the same with Bloodborne but the fact you can’t roll while locked on and the camera messing up A LOT during boss fights is really annoying. My character often doesn’t dodge where I direct it to and sometimes the lock on disappears from itself and I’m unable to lock on again - for that I have to literally spam R3 multiple times to lock on again. Oh, and while doing that the camera randomly spins away from the boss. So frustrating!

The Blood Vials not replenishing is just such a bore, after having a long boss fight and having used all my Blood Vials, I die and have to farm them because no way I’m going into a boss fight without health potions. If it wasn’t for the Blood Vials, I would keep playing but I just quit cause I don’t feel like doing boring stuff. 

I love the atmosphere of this game but... the praise it got just seems so exaggerated to me now.

After that fight, you'll usually have enough to buy a bunch. Plus most enemies after Father G drop them. You dash instead of roll because it's a more aggressive combat style than the slowishness of dark souls. This boss is the first hurdle of the game to get you into the playstyle. Beat him, and you'll be set for the rest of the game. If you can't beat him, then yeah you're fucked.

31 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Gascoigne is weak to fire(molotovs) and you can stun him up to 3? times with the music box you can get from his daughter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

blood vial grinding is barely needed when you can buy a bunch from the little guys shop, dont have enough blood echoes? Grind off those two guys for a bit and you'll be set, plus you get tons from enemies all around the game and dodging can actually be much beneficial than rolling was in DS

From playing Bloodborne first and going back to the souls games, you can’t wait at all with Gascoigne, you’ve got to match his aggressive ways otherwise he’ll just squash you, it’s similar for the rest of the game you can’t wait behind a shield you just have to be aggressive and pick your time to attack quicker

Alright guys, thanks for all the advice! I beat him today and missed like 6 Molotovs, lol. I fortified my weapon twice and farmed 50+ blood vials, I entered the boss fight once today and beat him. :D I still think farming the blood vials is boring but it is what it is. I got more used to the dashing now but I still get “stuck” on objects mid fight.

33 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Alright guys, thanks for all the advice! I beat him today and missed like 6 Molotovs, lol. I fortified my weapon twice and farmed 50+ blood vials, I entered the boss fight once today and beat him. :D I still think farming the blood vials is boring but it is what it is. I got more used to the dashing now but I still get “stuck” on objects mid fight.

It gets easier to buy blood vials the more you progress, as you'll get way more blood echoes from enemies

• 2 weeks later...