Is the platinum still obtainable?

ShadowStar83x

Yes. Only online trophy I found difficult to deal with was 'Fly The Co-op'. I only got the trophy cause a GTA IV booster helped me get it. He used to roam around GTA IV threads here in the site. I think that's all he literally did, just play and help players boost GTA IV. I never saw him playing anything else except for GTA IV, lol I don't know if he's still around here as active. He's pretty cool though. Had him on PSN, but he deleted me, but he said he did that because he needed to add more players that want him to help them, so he needed to make space. So if going for the online trophies, he's the one guy you want to help you. He goes by "ProfBambam55" He posted in this thread: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29012-wanted/But again, I don't know if he still plays the game, and if he still offers to help people. As long as you are cooperative, and listen well to the instructions that he gives you that should help you on achieving the trophy's requirements, he'll be willing to help you. Oh, he also helped me on getting some stuff done with 'Wanted', as well as with 'Fly The Co-op'

Edited by The Flopmaster

The platinum is still obtain obtainable, i got the platinum awhile back, AWP is easy as anything if you have 2 PS3s and 2 copies of the game. 

Don't you need 4 people for some of the modes, though? Or am I missing something?

At least you can still get it.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

All trophies in GTA IV are obtainable and are not glitched anymore. All stats for AWP are now tracked offline preventing the game from the stupid trophy from glitching. On top of that Wanted has gone from like a 30 hour trophy down to an 8 hour trophy as there is now a constant double XP event.

tl;dr yes, it's obtainable and not much of a pain anymore.

yes, you'll need 4 players for some parts of AWP...have a look at the multiplayer guide if you like...it explains all of the requirements for all of the trophies as well as the necessary number of people for each mode...i think just about any question you may have has been answered within it...just a matter of looking...

the competitive modes take about 2 hours depending on how many players need the wins...the races take the average person about 10 hours to complete, 20 if you are boosting them with someone else so take up the majority of your time with AWP...the guy who said 2 ps3's make AWP a breeze was likely referring to the races...2 ps3's means you don't need to take on 20 hours of a potentially boring gaming experience while also trying to work out times to be online with a boosting partner...you can just do them on your own time and cut those 20 hours in half...

also, on a side note for future reference, most of the trophy sites which offer guides will say at the top of a guide in big red writing if a platinum becomes unattainable so if it's not posted there you can assume that it's attainable...examples found here:

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/56-FIFA-12-Trophy-Guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/fifa-12/guide/

Edited by ProfBambam55

• 1 month later...

All trophies in GTA IV are obtainable and are not glitched anymore. All stats for AWP are now tracked offline preventing the game from the stupid trophy from glitching. On top of that Wanted has gone from like a 30 hour trophy down to an 8 hour trophy as there is now a constant double XP event.

tl;dr yes, it's obtainable and not much of a pain anymore.

Well in the gta races I only got 500 dollar and not 1000. Or is that only the case in the races, since the guide also mentioned something about doble xp?

not convinced you only got $500 unless you got disconnected mid-race...as stated in the guide, the doubled total will only be reflected in your total between matches (i.e. in the game lobbies) and not on the results screen...would ask that you pay attention to the former stat only and then report back should the cash earned not be doubled...was playing earlier today and was getting double cash so i'm guessing you were referring to the results screen total and not your actual multiplayer money stat...quite possible you're not receiving double cash but would be the first case i've heard of since the last patch in 2014...should it be the case, will need to edit the info into the guide so would appreciate a follow up on your situation...

yes, you'll need 4 players for some parts of AWP...

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I did everything with one co-op partner. Maybe some big team stuff, where I would win by getting carried by someone else. lol

Edited by MMDE

i think MMDE was joking and confused...the post quoted was referring to AWP not Fly the Co-op...and yes some modes require 3 or 4 ppl for AWP...and not sure which is more lonely, boosting races with 2 ps3's on ones own time for 10 hours or trying to arrange with someone to do 20 hours of races, involving repeating the same races twice...this is particularly tiresome if neither player has a mic...

i think MMDE was joking and confused...the post quoted was referring to AWP not Fly the Co-op...and yes some modes require 3 or 4 ppl for AWP...and not sure which is more lonely, boosting races with 2 ps3's on ones own time for 10 hours or trying to arrange with someone to do 20 hours of races, involving repeating the same races twice...this is particularly tiresome if neither player has a mic...

I chose loneliness over tedium.

Ah yes, I missed the joking sarcasm when I first read the post. Guess I was confused by the mention of AWP. I too was carried by one co-op partner who did everything. Maybe you know him.  ;)

not convinced you only got $500 unless you got disconnected mid-race...as stated in the guide, the doubled total will only be reflected in your total between matches (i.e. in the game lobbies) and not on the results screen...would ask that you pay attention to the former stat only and then report back should the cash earned not be doubled...was playing earlier today and was getting double cash so i'm guessing you were referring to the results screen total and not your actual multiplayer money stat...quite possible you're not receiving double cash but would be the first case i've heard of since the last patch in 2014...should it be the case, will need to edit the info into the guide so would appreciate a follow up on your situation...

Thank you very much and yes you were absolutely right. It shows 500 on result screen but I get 1000 per race

Nah, I wasn't joking. I was carried through all of the online. This one person helped me through all of it, and he didn't need the help back, because he already had 100%. I think for the 4 or 3 player stuff, my buddy just joined the other team, and lost on purpose sort of, while I got carried by the random player. haha :>

Oh boy, we are unable to perform the glitch to boost the wanted trophy! It's almost impossible to ride the bike on top of the stairs. One time we were able to do it but then the host glitched through the environment and was unable to see the "real" surroundings. Instead all the walls and floors were invisible. After 3 hours we just gave up... :(

Oh boy, we are unable to perform the glitch to boost the wanted trophy! It's almost impossible to ride the bike on top of the stairs. One time we were able to do it but then the host glitched through the environment and was unable to see the "real" surroundings. Instead all the walls and floors were invisible. After 3 hours we just gave up... :(

I had trouble doing this too, just need to practice to get the timing/speed and angle right. Annoying but worth it for the xp once you get the hang of it

I had trouble doing this too, just need to practice to get the timing/speed and angle right. Annoying but worth it for the xp once you get the hang of it

do you have any tadvice for me? I mean is there a way to avoid the flickering of the host? If the host flickers and gets off the bike he is pretty much in a sort of abyss ;)

And for the driving, its hard to master the second pair of steps because you can't see anything...

Edited by Gommes_

was thinking of adding commentary to that vid someday...so many people have had trouble with it and quite frankly, i never really have so not really sure what it's all about...at the beginning of the vid it is recommended to start from a freshly booted system and to also sign out/in once iv is loaded up...this includes restarting your system between runs as well...in my experience this reduces lag as much as possible...i've only really ever had problems with the bike glitching through the stairs or people randomly fall off if i either didn't perform this step or tried to go too fast...both players' screens need time to render so go slow on the bike...for the part going up steer hard left once you hit the first platform...you can actually stop there and adjust your camera angle if you want...otherwise stick to the wall on the right for the second half...you only need to be in the middle of the lower section to make it up successfully...one the way down use the brakes/reverse all the way down so that your basically just letting gravity take you down...all i got...hope it helps...

do you have any tadvice for me? I mean is there a way to avoid the flickering of the host? If the host flickers and gets off the bike he is pretty much in a sort of abyss ;)

And for the driving, its hard to master the second pair of steps because you can't see anything...

I don't remember having issues with a flickering host so not sure about that bit. I used to encounter an issue of the bike sometimes disappering once I started the glitch but it was a rare occurance.

ProfBambam's advice with the bike is pretty much how I did it. I think what I did was started slightly on the left side, drove up towards the right top corner of the first lvl of stairs so that it helps turn the bike slightly to get up the second lvl of stairs. Then for the second lvl just hug the right wall to the top and you're done!

Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it. Its just a matter of time and practice and you'll get it. Once you master that part, re-setting the glitch wont be as time consuming or painful.

Good luck!