Yet another easy platinum by the looks of the trophy list.

DF007gamer

That would be insane. I can't imagine a dev would require such a feat (since doing so would become almost impossible with time), and certainly not require doing so 50 times over.

Even if they had a daily challenge, setting the best time 50x? - absurd.

Man i love your profile pic dude

"such heroic nonsense"

Hi, Nadeo team member here. (I made the solo campaign tracks and the trophy list). 

Right now I'm basically checking that the platinum unlocks correctly.

Some small answers and details I can provide about the trophy list :

- There has been a closed beta a few weeks ago on PS4/X1, with the 40 white tracks. Progress carries over to the full game, which can lead to weird time stamps about trophy unlocks. For instance, I had the "White series clear" trophy before the "Lagoon white clear" trophy, which is normally impossible to obtain in that order. If you are in this situation, just replay any white map of each environment to unlock the trophies.

- About the 50 TrackMasters achievement : Since I already had the 40 trackmasters from the closed beta, I unlocked it way faster than normal playthrough. You can't farm it on a single track. It needs to be obtained on 50 different tracks out of the 200 in the campaign. The TrackMaster time is hidden on each track until you beat it. Those are fixed times. 
This is probably one of the hardest trophies in the game. My original idea was to put a 100 TrackMasters requirement, but I think it would have been too much. Also be aware that TrackMasters on white maps are not necessarily the easiest to get.

- The majority of the trophies will be unlocked during normal play and by exploring the various game modes in TrackMania Turbo.

- The hardest trophy will be (in my opinion)  the "200 gold medals" Trophy. Without spoiling anything, I think it will be the one that separates boys from men here. =)

If there are additional questions I'll try to answer them the best I can.

I hope you'll have fun !

WOW thanks for clearing that up 

Nice to see someone like yourself come on here and do that!

• Like 1

Hi, Nadeo team member here. (I made the solo campaign tracks and the trophy list). 

- There has been a closed beta a few weeks ago on PS4/X1, with the 40 white tracks. Progress carries over to the full game, which can lead to weird time stamps about trophy unlocks. For instance, I had the "White series clear" trophy before the "Lagoon white clear" trophy, which is normally impossible to obtain in that order. If you are in this situation, just replay any white map of each environment to unlock the trophies.

- About the 50 TrackMasters achievement : Since I already had the 40 trackmasters from the closed beta, I unlocked it way faster than normal playthrough. You can't farm it on a single track. It needs to be obtained on 50 different tracks out of the 200 in the campaign. The TrackMaster time is hidden on each track until you beat it. Those are fixed times. 
This is probably one of the hardest trophies in the game. My original idea was to put a 100 TrackMasters requirement, but I think it would have been too much. Also be aware that TrackMasters on white maps are not necessarily the easiest to get.

- The majority of the trophies will be unlocked during normal play and by exploring the various game modes in TrackMania Turbo.

- I tried to avoid tedious user generated related trophies (Spend 24 Hours in creation mode in LIttle Big Planet, for example) or online trophies that require you to win a set number of matches online. In my opinion those kind of trophies should not be mandatory for a platinum.

- The hardest trophy will be the "200 gold medals" Trophy. Without spoiling anything, I think it will be the one that separates boys from men here. =)

I hope you'll have fun !

Thanks for the clarification on those trophies. Can't wait to burn some rubber

DF007gamer.png

Edited by DF007gamer

- I tried to avoid tedious user generated related trophies (Spend 24 Hours in creation mode in LIttle Big Planet, for example) or online trophies that require you to win a set number of matches online. In my opinion those kind of trophies should not be mandatory for a platinum.

- The hardest trophy will be the "200 gold medals" Trophy. Without spoiling anything, I think it will be the one that separates boys from men here. =)

I hope you'll have fun !

Great post, looking forward to the (reasonable) challenge :)

• Like 1

So just to be sure, there aren't any online trophies?

I'm very happy if not!

Technically there is only one I think : "Feels like home trophy". It only requires you to open a room. (equivalent of the game of an online multiplayer server)

There's no need for players to actually join your room, or win a race on your own room, for example. 

"Here comes a new Challenge !" trophy can be obtained without PS+ membership, I'm 90 % sure of it.

• Like 2

Technically there is only one I think : "Feels like home trophy". It only requires you to open a room. (equivalent of the game of an online multiplayer server)

There's no need for players to actually join your room, or win a race on your own room, for example. 

"Here comes a new Challenge !" trophy can be obtained without PS+ membership, I'm 90 % sure of it.

good to know - cheers

I hope you'll have fun !

Hi PapyChampy! Nice to know trophies will unlock as soon I play the full version!

Can I ask an interesting question: Would you plan to add extra trophies in the future? I mean like in updates, there will be free additional trophies (ex. Online plays, doing stunts moves or any fun trophy goals) since any DLC trophies aren't required for Platinum trophy? Would be so nice to extend the value of the game! :D

Thanks to join us in the biggest Trophy hunters community! :D

Btw, I took the Platinum picture. Such WIN that picture!

Edited by Max654
  • Like 1

Hi PapyChampy, cool to see a developper here =) (especially the one who made the trophy list (and also the tracks))

Just wanted to give my feedbacks about the trophy list : 

- Cool to put a platinum trophy, this game deserve one! 

- Globally the trophies look really easy to get... except one : "End of the Road?". Depends of the skill you need on the last tracks. "Ghost Buster" look hard to get also but not as hard as the previous. I hope "End of the Road?" wont be a platinum killer, that's would make the global trophy list too weird and frustrating for some people.

- Some trophies are unnescessary in my opinion ("Part car, part plane", "Speed Demon" and "Time to change your tires") and could be replaced by better trophies. 

- I don't really like online trophies in generale but for this game i thought it would be cool to get online trophies (especially when you know the crazy number of players that the game can support), to bad there is no one.

Also, i think it's a bad idea to unlock the trophies automatically once you start the game if you played the beta before. I don't know if it the case for all trophies, hope no (cause if it the case, i'll get 14 trophies in less than 1sec wtf).

Anyways, i'll bleed this game and for sure get the platinum trophy  B) Good job to you and your team for this trackmania!

Hi PapyChampy, cool to see a developper here =) (especially the one who made the trophy list (and also the tracks))

Just wanted to give my feedbacks about the trophy list : 
- Cool to put a platinum trophy, this game deserve one! 
- Globally the trophies look really easy to get... except one : "End of the Road?". Depends of the skill you need on the last tracks. "Ghost Buster" look hard to get also but not as hard as the previous. I hope "End of the Road?" wont be a platinum killer, that's would make the global trophy list too weird and frustrating for some people.
- Some trophies are unnescessary in my opinion ("Part car, part plane", "Speed Demon" and "Time to change your tires") and could be replaced by better trophies. 
- I don't really like online trophies in generale but for this game i thought it would be cool to get online trophies (especially when you know the crazy number of players that the game can support), to bad there is no one.

Also, i think it's a bad idea to unlock the trophies automatically once you start the game if you played the beta before. I don't know if it the case for all trophies, hope no (cause if it the case, i'll get 14 trophies in less than 1sec wtf).

Anyways, i'll bleed this game and for sure get the platinum trophy  B) Good job to you and your team for this trackmania!

Hi,

The "Ghost buster" trophy is indeed easier than the "End of the road ?" trophy.
It could be really hard to get for most people, because there are 40 Black tracks total and they are indeed quite hard. 
They are overall easier than Extreme Tracks in Trial Fusion for example, but not too far away. 

For example it's not as hard as the "Tactical Challenger" trophy in Vanquish, which is in my opinion a real Platinum killer.

About the "Part car, part plane", "Speed Demon" and "Time to change your tires" trophies, yeah, you're probably right. Those were designed to be obtained during regular play (Online play and local/solo) on the way to the platinum. 
But I agree some online trophies instead would have been a working solution.

(Trophies in TMTurbo requiring an action to be made X times are only obtainable offline at the very moment, but it will be fixed very soon.)

About online trophies : i'm not a big fan of them, since I consider that most of them artificially retain the player here. But it could have been a good way to put a trophy for ladder ranks you gain, or for competing in a race with 100 players. But those trophies would make the Plat near impossible to get in 5 years, for example. That's why I tried to avoid them, and racing online is big fun in TM without trophies anyways. =)

The trophies won't technically unlock automatically. You will still have to complete at least one race on each environment to get them. But I agree it's not ideal. It's more a side effect of the save system carrying over to the full game.

Thanks for your feedback ! 
Edited by PapyChampy
  • Like 3

About extra/DLC trophies : I don't know about that yet.

Thanks for the answer! I personally believe adding more optional free trophies (PSN) / achievements (ex. XBox) can be awesome in the long run, as a thanks for players supporting the game. I have no idea which position you have in the developement team but I'm sure you can make it happen. Thank you for bringing the game to us next week!

About online trophies : i'm not a big fan of them, since I consider that most of them artificially retain the player here. But it could have been a good way to put a trophy for ladder ranks you gain, or for competing in a race with 100 players. But those trophies would make the Plat near impossible to get in 5 years, for example. That's why I tried to avoid them, and racing online is big fun in TM without trophies anyways. =)

Finally a dev that understands the annoyance with online trophies. <3

It could be really hard to get for most people, because there are 40 Black tracks total and they are indeed quite hard. 
They are overall easier than Extreme Tracks in Trial Fusion for example, but not too far away. 

For example it's not as hard as the "Tactical Challenger" trophy in Vanquish, which is in my opinion a real Platinum killer.

Are the black tracks harder or as hard as in nations/united? Because those were pretty difficult, and could be a real platinum killer.

Having fun with the beta so far. I already have 20 Trackmaster medals on the 20 available beta tracks. Cant wait till the game gets released. :D

Nice. The new regions will take some getting used to. The first two remind me of the ones we had in United µ, but i still have to get a grip on how the cars drive. Rollercoaster Lagoon seems like something entirely new, and although it's my favorite, it's probably the hardest to master. Stadium is still the same old, instant golds there :awesome:

Definitely going for the platinum when i get the game next week.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 2

If the red tracks are anything to go by, then the black tracks are going to be ridiculous...

I cant see myself getting the plat in this. I have 6 trackbuster medals and even they took forever to get. I have done the first 60 levels with a gold medal, but the trackmaster is something else.

I have plat both WipEout games, and did the seb vettel challenges in GT5, but this is another level :P

Hearring harry's opinions i think this might become an Ultra Rare Platinum. But this still won't stop me from trying to get the platinum.

I started playing Trackmania about 10 years ago and im pretty sure that i have enough experience to get it done :D

I'd say that Black tracks are harder than United/Nations ones. 

@ Harry94 : Had it been 200 TrackMasters medals required for the plat, it would have been on the same level as Wipeout plats and GT5. Since it's only gold medals, it's definitely easier in my opinion. 

I'll try to provide some videos or tutorial for the Black tracks. 

• Like 1

If the red tracks are anything to go by, then the black tracks are going to be ridiculous...

I cant see myself getting the plat in this. I have 6 trackbuster medals and even they took forever to get. I have done the first 60 levels with a gold medal, but the trackmaster is something else.

I have plat both WipEout games, and did the seb vettel challenges in GT5, but this is another level :P

Honestly trackmaster medals aren't that difficult. You just have to know the best route and where you can shave off an extra couple of seconds. I've got 16 trackmaster medals after about 3 hours of play mostly because of the ghosts provided by Clawz. :D 

Although i have noticed that some white tracks are a lot more difficult than other ones to get the trackmaster medal.

• Like 1

Honestly trackmaster medals aren't that difficult. You just have to know the best route and where you can shave off an extra couple of seconds. I've got 16 trackmaster medals after about 3 hours of play mostly because of the ghosts provided by Clawz. :D 

Although i have noticed that some white tracks are a lot more difficult than other ones to get the trackmaster medal.

Hehe glad to hear my ghosts can help people :D

And yhea you're right In that. Some of the tracks I had instant trackmaster without even trying but especially the 2nd track took me some time to get which was also my last

Hehe glad to hear my ghosts can help people :D

And yhea you're right In that. Some of the tracks I had instant trackmaster without even trying but especially the 2nd track took me some time to get which was also my last

Most importantly are you enjoying the game. I will only get a chance tonight to play the beta