Yet another easy platinum by the looks of the trophy list.

DF007gamer

Or, you know, you could try to enjoy the game for a while and not go for the platinum :) used copies are pretty cheap these days.

It's not even just going for the platinum - you need to get Gold medals on all the pre-Black series tracks to unlock it, and there's several levels which will take -hours- to get gold on, and I've still got another 35 tracks before I'm done with Red.

I'm determined to make this my hardest-earned trophy, though. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It seems really odd to me that 2.68% of all players got the trophy for getting 50 trackmaster medals but only 1.35% completed all maps (by getting the Stadium Black Clear trophy). I thought Gold medals were the best you can get so I got my first trackmaster medal completely by accident and was quite surprised. I've got the trackmaster medal for the first six maps now, except the second one which was too difficult. However I'm still surprised that there are people who are dedicated enough to go for 50 Trackmaster medals but on the other hand can't even be bothered to try out all maps for once. If I manage to get this Platinum it will be one of my few proud ones.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2017 at 11:38 AM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

It seems really odd to me that 2.68% of all players got the trophy for getting 50 trackmaster medals but only 1.35% completed all maps (by getting the Stadium Black Clear trophy). I thought Gold medals were the best you can get so I got my first trackmaster medal completely by accident and was quite surprised. I've got the trackmaster medal for the first six maps now, except the second one which was too difficult. However I'm still surprised that there are people who are dedicated enough to go for 50 Trackmaster medals but on the other hand can't even be bothered to try out all maps for once. If I manage to get this Platinum it will be one of my few proud ones.

I thought the same but if you take note of the requirements to unlock all black sets you will notice all gold medals from previous sets are required, including all black gold medals in order to unlock Stadium just to clear it.. Hence the percentage of that trophy.. I've got 46 trackmaster medals and just started blue league and i must say i can see the difficulty ramping up pretty quick. Some advice to never give up man is to watch Riulu on youtube, not only does he have all 200 trackmaster medals but he holds the majority of super trackmaster medals too :) What are super medals you ask? Look up 'super solo mode' it will blow your mind lol

Demon--Prototype.png

Edited by Demon--Prototype
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

On 21/02/2017 at 1:38 PM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

As someone who obtained the platinum, I can confirm that in my experience the black tracks are MUCH worse than trackmastering 50 levels. The trackmaster medals may take several attempts per track, but they're relatively short, and you can pick and choose if you find some tracks that are too hard to get trackmaster on. The Black tracks are much longer, and many require an element of luck to accompany the skill, some of the hardest ones took me a few hours and multiple sessions to complete, which I can't say for any of the fifty trackmaster medals I got.

You're right though, certainly a platinum to be proud of obtaining, and I wish you the best of luck on your attempt! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers. After playing extensively I can say now that this is exactly my type of game. I absolutely love it :lol: I've just completed the first 50 tracks and got the 50 trackmaster medals trophy on the earliest occasion possible. Sorry, I'm really addicted to hotlapping :giggle: I'm not sure if I'll stop going for trackmaster medals now because it's so much fun racing against yourself and shaving off a hundreth or two every time, although I have to admit that bit about the black tracks sounds pretty daunting. Let's see how far I can get ;) The most annoying thing are the puddles of water which I couldn't entirely figure out yet. If I get to cross them quickly it's mostly blind luck. The tracks with grass and sand are annoying as well but doable once you get used to them. All you have to keep in mind is to keep your steering movements as light as possible, otherwise you'll oversteer and lose a lot of time. In many ways this game is like the original Trackmania I used to play on the PC a few years back. Absolutely brilliant! :yay:

• Like 1

On 25.2.2017 at 3:11 AM, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

I've just completed the first 50 tracks and got the 50 trackmaster medals trophy on the earliest occasion possible.

Going for those TM medals is actually quite rewarding, but the closer you get to 50, the more you want it to be over :D

I remember, that one of the dev's, PapyChampy, wrote here on the forum (maybe even this thread), that they wanted to make it 100 for the trophy at first, but backed down to 50.

I got my 50th TM in the 120's - so it is quite doable. But I'm still in the 140's in general and am not sure if I will ever see those black tracks :D

All tracks are to personal preference of course, but if it is any help to you or anyone, here is where I got my 50 TM-medals :)

1,2,3,6,7,8,9 // 11,12,13,14,16,18,19 // 21,22,23,24,26,27,29 // 31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39

42,43,46,47,48 // 51,53,58 // 71,72,73,75,76,77,78

81 // 112,117,119

So, for me it was quite Top-Row (30) and Stadium-Column (19) -heavy :) (not cumulative of course, as those in the 30's are counted twice)

• 2 months later...

#175 was my least favourite by far. In the end I had to turn the brightness of my tv up to around 80%, it made the track a lot more visible which helped quite a lot. Those narrow long distance jumps were still a nightmare to hit perfectly for three laps though, even more so considering how easy it is to lose grip in the Valley environment. 

Edited by tarutataru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 6:39 PM, Gengarbey said:

How many hours did it take? 

The trackmasters? Like two weeks to a month of just that but take it with a grain of salt because it took me a year to complete the 200 tracks, haha! (looking at you canyon red)
Best of luck.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:27 AM, tarutataru said:

#175 was my least favourite by far. In the end I had to turn the brightness of my tv up to around 80%, it made the track a lot more visible which helped quite a lot. Those narrow long distance jumps were still a nightmare to hit perfectly for three laps though, even more so considering how easy it is to lose grip in the Valley environment. 

Oh my god, that one gets progressively harder because of the pressure of knowing that you're nearly done, you're nearly there and won't have to look at it ever again! Good times (not really haha)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
23 minutes ago, harsly said:

I've just spent 4 hours on #125 trying for the gold medal. Is this normal, and is there any point in going forward in hopes for the plat? 

125 is one track that should give you trouble, but of the ones that gives you trouble, it's one of the easiests. In this form, if you don't improve in the meanwhile, you can expect spending 10h each in a dozen of last 40 tracks, and a couple hours in the other half. If you have disposition to spend so much time in a game, go for it, this game is absolutely cathartic when you complete a hard level.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

125 is one track that should give you trouble, but of the ones that gives you trouble, it's one of the easiests. In this form, if you don't improve in the meanwhile, you can expect spending 10h each in a dozen of last 40 tracks, and a couple hours in the other half. If you have disposition to spend so much time in a game, go for it, this game is absolutely cathartic when you complete a hard level.

Thank you for your response!

I'll definitely keep on going at it, it may be that I just had a bad day. I don't mind spending another year on and off playing this and going for the plat. :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Whenever I check my trophies for the game to remind myself how much I suck, my eyes get caught by this thread's title and I have a giggle. Thanks for the smile OP.

You're not the only one. I don't think I got past the halfway mark. This game really pushes you. 

• Like 1

As one of the first if not the first person to achieve 200 Trackmaster medals on PS4 and after getting the platinum severel times all I can say stay at the tracks and try them as long until you get the gold/trackmaster medals. Over time you will develop a great muscle mind memory which will help you get faster and faster times, run after run.

Sure, later on its going to get tough. Especially Track #175, #178 and #180 are difficult and also kinda luck depandant. Even I had some tries at them where it took me quiet some time.

I know my post only states something most of you already know, I just thought I'd comment on the topic because I randomly came across it and it triggert very good but also stressed emotions in me. ?

I wish everyone the durability and dedication to get this plat, at the end its going to be a big relief and accomplishment to be proud of. ??

On 12/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, tirol_terminator said:

As one of the first if not the first person to achieve 200 Trackmaster medals on PS4 and after getting the platinum severel times all I can say stay at the tracks and try them as long until you get the gold/trackmaster medals. Over time you will develop a great muscle mind memory which will help you get faster and faster times, run after run.

Sure, later on its going to get tough. Especially Track #175, #178 and #180 are difficult and also kinda luck depandant. Even I had some tries at them where it took me quiet some time.

I know my post only states something most of you already know, I just thought I'd comment on the topic because I randomly came across it and it triggert very good but also stressed emotions in me. 1f601.png

I wish everyone the durability and dedication to get this plat, at the end its going to be a big relief and accomplishment to be proud of. 1f64c-1f3fb.png

Thanks a lot ! As a completionist I still hope to get the platinum some day.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15/03/2016 at 1:26 PM, DF007gamer said:

Gameplay looks fun and trophies don't seem that difficult. Think I'm going to buy it for the fun factor and platinum or am I wrong? I've been wrong before. 

Actually made me laugh when I looked at your trophy list vs. the title.