Can someone confirm if coop gives trophies for both players?

Pavani_

Got an alt account? I think, based on Destructoid's review, that co-op is couch only. You can test whether he'll get trophies by loading your alt account as P2 then starting a co-op game and earning a trophy from the guy who gives oaths at the beginning of the game. 

Edit: Sorry, scratch that, you need to find an NPC who lets you summon a co-op player, apparently, so you won't be able to test it right at the start. Looks like you might have to defeat a boss or something to test it out, or find an oath-giver later in the game. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

I can confirm that you unlock trophies on both accounts. It took me quite a while to figure out how to play co-op because the game doesn't explain much :)

To set up a local co-op game both players must have a save game on the PS4 you are playing on. To create a character quickly boot up the game as the other player, create your character, start game, the game will save and you can close the game.

• Create a character with the sellsword stone gift and start the game.
  • Run through the first part and beat the hell out of the first boss (just kidding, don't want spoilers here)
  • When you arrive at the house where you can place an item and make offerings, offer the sellsword stone
  • An NPC will arrive and you can choose to Hire
  • Connect the second controller and press :cross:

Note: There is 1 confirmed unobtainable trophy for the second player.

:bronze: Find Sanctuary - Claim your first sanctuary.

This trophy is really easy to get in singleplayer though :)

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that you unlock trophies on both accounts. It took me quite a while to figure out how to play co-op because the game doesn't explain much :)

To set up a local co-op game both players must have a save game on the PS4 you are playing on. To create a character quickly boot up the game as the other player, create your character, start game, the game will save and you can close the game.

• Create a character with the sellsword stone gift and start the game.
  • Run through the first part and beat the hell out of the first boss (just kidding, don't want spoilers here)
  • When you arrive at the house where you can place an item and make offerings, offer the sellsword stone
  • An NPC will arrive and you can choose to Hire
  • Connect the second controller and press :cross:

Note: There is 1 confirmed unobtainable trophy for the second player.

:bronze: Find Sanctuary - Claim your first sanctuary.

This trophy is really easy to get in singleplayer though :)

So I am 3 trophies off the platinum and ideally want my next play through to be a coop one. The trophies I’m missing are Coastrock, Wise Words and Fading Fast. These are the 3 trophies for aiding the NPCs. Is someone able to confirm if these trophies drop for both players in coop or if they only drop for the person who started the game? 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 04.04.2016 at 2:06 PM, mrobinson91 said:

So I am 3 trophies off the platinum and ideally want my next play through to be a coop one. The trophies I’m missing are Coastrock, Wise Words and Fading Fast. These are the 3 trophies for aiding the NPCs. Is someone able to confirm if these trophies drop for both players in coop or if they only drop for the person who started the game? 

Interesting for me too