Confirmed Method of Unlocking 'Honour Upheld'

crisding89

I thought it was pretty well established now, but I will post my observations (this stems from my experience getting the plat back in 2012)

"...the now glitched "Honor Upheld" which requires you to find a player who posted a score before March 2012. New players are no longer able to register a score for the purpose of challenging another player. As time goes on, getting this trophy will become virtually impossible. As it is, it took me close to 1 month to find a player who could challenge me. Final play time was just a few minutes shy of 25 hours...."

I wasn't aware that the player can only challenge someone once - are you sure on that? I don't believe the servers are updating any more, so I thought that the issue was whatever score they have posted is the score they will have forever.

Might be interesting to have the player who helped you try to help someone else.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that the player can only challenge someone once - are you sure on that? I don't believe the servers are updating any more, so I thought that the issue was whatever score they have posted is the score they will have forever.

Might be interesting to have the player who helped you try to help someone else.

Both me and sheep_no6 can confirm that once the player who beat the challenge sent by you, he will disappear. (I actually try to add someone who can be seen by another player on leaderboards. But I couldn't see him, not any more because he has accepted and beaten a challenge with newer score.)

I have a confident guess the server is not dead but it's glitched, in the way I described. As you have know that the server of Little Deviants is not updating any more,  but I guess the server is run by Sony as part of PSN which means it's not dead yet. That's the reason people can still go 'Online' in game and look for players to send challenges. Further more info is that Asian Version does not have this glitch so people nowadays can still send and receive challenges freely. Though sheep_no6 played US version. 

Anyways, this method originally came from sheep_no6 and I just describe how I did the procedure in details. It is a way to unlock this trophy but need tons of work and patient. Also if it's just like I have seen,  one player can only be challenged once, then you might wanna hurry up to find those players still can be seen on leaderboards. Once they have gone, the trophy will be literally unattainable.

Hope it helps.

• Like 2

The only new twist I see explained here is the idea that only players who started and *stopped altogether* playing before the server eff up are the ones that can be challenged. If, like me, I started playing in April of 2012 but kept playing much later on, I cannot be challenged, that sucks.

I suppose I give up on that trophy. I'll gold metal the rest of the challenges and just be missing that one forever, like the one Gran Turismo 5 online trophy I stupidly didn't get.

• Like 2

d37DAZ.jpg

Also one more tip from me: After you send him challenge don't close the game. Just stay in the Games section(where you can see mini games and your scores) And wait for him to beat you and send the challenge back to you. While waiting don't let your screen turn black. When you receive notification just tap 'back' to go back to main menu of the game. You will see the challenge he sent to you in a little window. There, you can accept it easily. This is the most safe way. 

PLEASE don't add WHATTHEFU as he disappeared from leaderboard forever.

Edited by NaganoJPN
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i was combing through psnp's leaderboard and asking people for help already, but I barely got any responses

to those who got help, did you send blank friend requests and then just challenge those that accept

or what did you actually say to them

i was combing through psnp's leaderboard and asking people for help already, but I barely got any responses

to those who got help, did you send blank friend requests and then just challenge those that accept

or what did you actually say to them

Boy lemme ask you would you accept blank FRs? You have to say why you wanna add them. Even you say so still only a few would approve your FR. Still long way to go, good luck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a little doubt about this game. If I would ask for help to the guy who helped you crisding89, would he be able to help me?

no he won't show up again

Wow so much trouble to overcome a glitch. Those gamers who got this over with early are gonna get hella frustrated with all the spammed friend invites imo

Indeed lol but this is the only method currently known

Indeed lol but this is the only method currently known

Yeah, I'm not griefing a bunch of random gamers to overcome a glitch. F this game and Sony for not fixing it AND adding it to Plus. I feel for gamers who are going to play this game and not know what they are getting into.

On the flip side I imagine Sony's customer service lines will BLOW UP, which may result in a patch (yeah, I am hopelessly optimistic)

Yeah, I'm not griefing a bunch of random gamers to overcome a glitch. F this game and Sony for not fixing it AND adding it to Plus. I feel for gamers who are going to play this game and not know what they are getting into.

On the flip side I imagine Sony's customer service lines will BLOW UP, which may result in a patch (yeah, I am hopelessly optimistic)

And people wonder why I have a negative attitude about PS Plus. Sony has to know about this but yet they release it anyway. One thing to release games without trophies but its another releasing a game known to have a Platinum breaking glitch. But I'm sure the Sony fanboys will rush to defend Sony cause they can do no wrong.

Hi guys, I have also managed to unlock both Throwdown and Honor Upheld trophies today by following *exactly* the same methods described by crisding89 and NaganoJPN. Thanks so much for sharing it, guys, would never gotten it otherwise.

Some additional tips and observations for those who will venture into getting Honor Upheld:

- When looking for people in the Leaderboards and sending friend requests, explain the situation in the friend request. Save time by sending messages only to active players, have your PSNProfiles page sort games by "last played" and see when they were last online. Mailing someone who last earned a trophy in 2014, for example, is largely a waste of time.

- You need to find an active player who had the game in early 2012 and did NOT play the game after mid 2012 (as said, if he or she submited a new score, they will be gone forever from the leaderboards!).

- When you finally find someone, a common reply is "I don't own the game anymore". You can quickly overcome this if the player is a PS Plus subscriber (trust me most are), just tell them the game is free this month for PS Plus users. I know it is a lot to ask, but the person who helped me did download the game again especially to help.

- Let the player know he will also earn both rare online trophies, it may be an extra incentive to help you out!

- The player who helped me had trouble accepting the challenge with the game open. It was best, as said by posters above, for the older player to accept the challenge with the game closed.

- I accepted the other player's challenge with the game open, as described by NaganoJPN. Waited in the games screen, when I got the game alert notification I backed out to the main screen, the challenge was listed in the bottom where Near suggested players are. Just accepted the challenge, beat it, and got the trophy.

Best of luck to everyone who decides to go after this one, and get to work!

I agree it is indeed a shame because it is a fun game. BigBigStudios is closed, so unless Sony does something server side (which seems to be what broke things), a patch is not coming. I don't think Sony's support will be bothered much either, because we as trophy hunters are a minority, unfortunately.

So for those who really want the trophy, the workaround of this thread is the best shot at it. 

Regardless, it is just a bronze. Most players will not 100% this game even if they do get the online done, so the Platinum is far out of reach for 99% of people anyway. 

Edited by Guimace
  • Like 1

So I did manage to get the "challenge another player" trophy. However, no one seems to be able to challenge me.. anyone had issues? Did you guys challenge first and then wait for the other person to challenge you back?

Got both trophies. 

Some additional comments to the guide above.

1) First of all you need the LOWEST score possible for the first mini game (Botz Invasion). Try getting a score just above 15 000 points. 

2) Read the guide above for the instructions regarding psn user search. 

3) After you get a few friend invites accepted, start checking the "Players" section in the "Games" section (found in main menu). At this stage you will probably be able to see a couple of scores.

4) start by texting the player with the lowest score (will probably be higher than yours but no worries) explaining them the issue you face. Most gamers are marvelous people, will have no problems helping you out if they have their ps vita.

5) when you find a person who agrees to help BEAT his score by the least amount possible. (If his score is lower than yours - skip this step)

6) If the player helping you is doing a fresh install, he/she has to first beat the Botz invasion stage with a BRONZE score. The score doesn't matter.

7) YOU have to challenge the player FIRST. When you do send the challenge, do NOT leave the menu you are in or let vita's screen go black. wait for the other player to beat your score. 

8) as soon as the other player beats your score, he/she can then challenge you back. Open up messages (safe now) and enter the challenge. You can carry on restarting the challenge any number of times you want up until you succeed. 

Good luck!

I finally got this damn trophy today.... I had been trying to get it for like 4 years! I got it the same way suggested on here. People interested in getting this trophy MUST find someone who played the game on feb-mar 2012. Don't waste your time sending friend requests to people who played the game after march, this trophy is pure luck based, so good luck for those hunting this shitty trophy. Now i can finally get my plat

Edited by FeLiPe_MachiN3

I finally got this damn trophy today.... I had been trying to get it for like 4 years! I got it the same way suggested on here. People interested in getting this trophy MUST find someone who played the game on feb-mar 2012. Don't waste your time sending friend requests to people who played the game after march, this trophy is pure luck based, so good look for those hunting this shitty trophy. Now i can finally get my plat

If you are trying for 4 years, this means that you are elegible to help someone to get this trophy, i tried sent to you a friend request but looks like you block friend requests, can you please add me and send me a challege?

Yeah, I had to turn off friend requests because after i earned that Honour Upheld trophy some days ago, i was getting like 30 friend request per day from people asking for help about sending em a challenge.

I am really sorry for not being of more help but if you wanna earn these trophies you MUST find someone who played the game in feb-march 2012, that's what i did, i found a guy who had played the game in feb 2012, when i added him, he immediately showed up on my players list so i was able to challenge him.. He beat my challenge and he challenged me back, and then i beat his challenge so i earned the trophy. As he and i played recently the game, none of us will ever show up on any players list again, so i won't be able to challenge you.

During this 4 years that took me to earn this damn trophy i had added a lot of people who had played the game this year, probably in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and they never showed up on my players list, so after reading all i needed was someone who played the game in 2012, i found someone and it made the trick! It worked like a charm!

I hope you find someone who can help you, wish i could and i'd love to help people get the trophies but i have been playing the game these days so i will never show up on any players list to be challenged.

Ow, ok, thank you! Looks like this trophy is a marathon, and it time a person gets this trophy, is 1 less for the others that dont have. This really sucks... this trophy is ridiculous, and soon it will be impossible...

Every PSVita that i have, i got PLAT, but this here i dont know, maybe will be the first one incomplete... all because of online trophies... like my trophy list for GT5... i HATE so much online trophies. You have to play like a crazy for this stupid thing.

Well, if anyone here have the game and can help with this, i will be eternity gratefully.

Can somebody explain me why, when I send the challenge and the friend who is accepting it, will just load for him the game but not start the level? Am I doing something wrong? Luckily, I can still challenge him. Should he get bronze in that specific level online or offline? I'm clueless!

Edited by LoStraniero91