Should I buy this if I absolutely hated part 4

Killah184

I loved part 3, but part 4 was just way too much of the same. I feel like there was no differentiation between the two (my opinion, others may feel different) I played about 2 hours of 4, btw. I love the idea of prehistoric settings (huge fan of Jurassic park/turok, etc) Although I hated 4 do you think I would enjoy this game? Thank you guys and gals!

From what I've seen Primal looks more or less the same as 3/4 minus the prehistoric setting which is why I'm not planning on getting it myself. But the only one that knows if you'll enjoy it or not is you, so you should judge it for yourself. Look at a Let's Play video or something if you're really not sure.

• Like 1

If I wanted a "dick response" I would have asked for it. I was looking for advice to those who may have had the same experience as I. I do not want to pay $65 for a game, take the time to install it, and take it back to the store if I don't like it. Just wanting some insight on the game. 

There was nothing dickish about his answer - what he said was completely true. Only you can determine if you will enjoy the game. However, I can give a little insight.

Primal is more abut survival than the other games. Oh, sure, they dumped you in insane places and pretty much said "fuck it. Live or die" but in this game, the rule "survival of the fittest" truly comes into play here. You will be pitted against saber tooth tigers, mastadons, mammoths, etc with only the most primitive of tools at your disposal. Take that as you will. I plan on buying the game when I have the money.

Also, you can just rent it. You don't HAVE to buy it to play it.

• Like 1

Or better yet, return it within 7 days and get a full refund.

Maybe where you are.. cant do that here, open items only get you same item.

Money can buy many things that you will like, why risk wasting it on something that you will probably not like?

What exactly would that be? Some old nostalgia games from 6th gen, maybe some from 5th?

Edited by MMDE

Excuse me?

I was under the impression that money could buy things other than just video games.

Besides, what has age of a game got to do with anything? if it's good it's good and vice versa.

I think you misunderstood the comment. ;)

• Like 1

Farcry 4 is horseshit. I haven't personally played primal but watched my pal playing I was able to endure for a few minutes.
It's really astonishing how Ubisoft can be more boring as they make new games. 
P.S some said how primal is different than 4th game as you can command wild animals to attack enemies. You do exactly the same on Farcry 4 when you discover Shangri-La.

Or better yet, return it within 7 days and get a full refund.

Or even better yet, return it within 14 days and get a full refund.

I've done that at least 5 times in the last year or so. San Andreas is a perfect example, I bought it, wanting to keep it, but then I plat'd it quick as hell, and decided I didn't need yet another copy of the game, and returned it 2 weeks later for the full refund.

• Like 1

Sorry if you took my post as a "dick response", it was not intended to be so. I was just trying to say that people can tell you what they think you might like but you may not like at all.  If i told someone i like Jurassic park and they told me I'd like Jurassic World i'd tell them to get bent.  But it seems you've got some replies that should help you out in your decision.