What is your favorite weapon type?

Kaph-

What is your favorite weapon type in this game?

I tried most of the available classes up to the first boss and the style i prefered was the thief.

90% on the time i fight with a dagger, sometime i will switch to a spear when dagger isn't an option (heavy armored knight are very hard to kill with a dagger for example..)

I'm not very far into the game, but so far it is working well!

What about you guys?

What is your favorite weapon type in this game?

I tried most of the available classes up to the first boss and the style i prefered was the thief.

90% on the time i fight with a dagger, sometime i will switch to a spear when dagger isn't an option (heavy armored knight are very hard to kill with a dagger for example..)

I'm not very far into the game, but so far it is working well!

What about you guys?

Greatsword is Great, join the Greatsword master race!

I'm running a Spellsword build using a transmuted greatsword for magic scaling.  Bosses melt in a few swings.

Greatsword is Great, join the Greatsword master race!

I'm running a Spellsword build using a transmuted greatsword for magic scaling.  Bosses melt in a few swings.

Yeah, I noticed that Greatsword seems to be the best weapon overall. I'm currently stuck on kraeken wyrm with my dagger build... and the main issue is that I can't hit it when it is flying. I looked up few strat video for the boss and everyone was using a Greatsword.. master race here I come!

currently rocking a spear after playing around with daggers. i like the reach the spears have, plus the attack speed is still decently quick. i knocked off the kraeken wyrm the other day and the spear definitely came in handy to get in a few extra hits while it flew.  

Thief wielding a trident spear +3 at the moment.. The only reason I went thief is because I wanted to beat the unspeakable deep at the beginning.. I would've went knight tbh.. Still might go back, but I'm level 25 and to go back makes me feel like I wasted a few hours for nothing.. I do like the theif though, he's just not very defensive.. He's more of an offensive type player. Still curious as to what the strength stat does, considering dex is all you really need for attack.. My lil brother says it has to do with skills and the sort.. But I don't really know what he means

(Edit) => ok so I played for 15 mins before heading into work today and I started up with a knight and a paladin and I found out that paladin uses strength primarily for attack. I think I found my new class. I'm probably going paladin now and I'm gonna use a great hammer

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx

I started a newgame with a Pauper, so far i'm level55 with a pure strengh build. I'm fighting mainly with a greatsword and I use a greathammer if enemies are slash resistant. I'm wearing thief's armor and no shield.

The game is now easy mode!

Two-handed weapons need to be nerfed or one-handed weps need to be buffed!

I started a newgame with a Pauper, so far i'm level55 with a pure strengh build. I'm fighting mainly with a greatsword and I use a greathammer if enemies are slash resistant. I'm wearing thief's armor and no shield.

The game is now easy mode!

Two-handed weapons need to be nerfed or one-handed weps need to be buffed!

is there a way to parry with a two-handed weapon?

Yes. Even if you are 2-handing said greatsword or great hammer (as you can 1-H with appropriate specs), all you have to do is the exact same thing you would do with a shield.

Oh and btw. Greatswords FTFW!! Wow. I'm a level 90 paladin with a balanced build, mostly focusing on strength (I've got about 50 or so with my rings), I have the only class 4 greatsword.. And it's level 6. Soon, I will have the trinity and I will max it out to 7. Absolutely love the paladin and how he handles combat with the greatsword, being that he's primarily a strength power class.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I wanted this experience to be true to Its obvious influences so I went for a classic whip toting character with the Hunter flavour thrown in from Bloodborne. It probably makes the game a lot harder sticking with the whip but I have been able to progress it just takes a little more finesse to get the job done but definitely enjoying this type of run so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have just started the game an I am a level 4 mage with the normal sword you begin with. Any tips for a mage build? And I like the sword as well but a lance might be cool as well, any tips on what weapon a should get to upgrade? All the choices for leveling up and upgrade is a little overwhelming 

7 minutes ago, Thalifm said:

I have just started the game an I am a level 4 mage with the normal sword you begin with. Any tips for a mage build? And I like the sword as well but a lance might be cool as well, any tips on what weapon a should get to upgrade? All the choices for leveling up and upgrade is a little overwhelming 

Level up depending on what kind of weapons you want to use. Different types of weapons benefits from different stats, that's what to look for TBH.