Red Dead Redemption sequel rumored to be revealed at E3 2016

According to sources, the sequel to Red Dead Redemption will be called Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West and will be revealed at E3 2016 with a 2017 release and possibly a remaster of the original game for PS4, X1, and PC.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2 Details Leaked, E3 Reveal Planned

That would be totally awesome if true! :holy: I really hope it's true.

• Like 1

I would be very, very happy with that. Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite 7th generation games and it is just asking for a sequel. A remastered version, like GTA V, would be incredible as well. Please make it happen Rockstar!

Parker

Its about time we got a new game from Rockstar. It's now into the 3rd year since they last released a game as they have been spending all their time on GTA Online. Im shocked at how it has been so long with all the studios Rockstar has. Not everyone is working on GTA Online

I'm ready hyped for the next big open world game by Rockstar 

Dont get your hopes up. Rockstar never go to E3. Thats not to say it wont be revealed though. 

EDIT: I hate when people always assume it will be called Red Dead Redemption 2. This will be number 3 and most likely be called something with the letter R

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 4

What... It's like calling the next Elder Scrolls game 'Skyrim 2'. I can already tell by the name that this will be a failure.

Because numbered sequels to open world titles have never worked before.  I've personally never heard of a Grand Theft Auto game after the first one.

I'm lukewarm about this.  Nostalgia was strong enough to bring me back to RDR not too long ago, but it didn't feel as good as I remembered.  Doesn't help I don't really like the whole "western" thing, I guess.  I wouldn't mind an RDR remaster if it means a PC port though, I'm open to giving it a third chance. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

well pc fanboys can finally stop begging for another port lol

anyways getting serious, personally i wish it was bully 2 instead, i think that game deservers it more, since its a little older and i think red dead has already 2 games in that franchise, but i would welcome a red dead 3 too.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Every year, the same crap... also i'm fairly certain to have heard the name "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends Of The West" several times in the past. Maybe on other crappy sites like KDramaStars.

So yeah, NOPE.

@Dreakon: wait, what? I thought there's a GTA2, a GTA3, a GTA4 and a GTA5? And Just Cause 2 and 3?

Edited by Lance_87

Dont get your hopes up. Rockstar never go to E3. Thats not to say it wont be revealed though. 

EDIT: I hate when people always assume it will be called Red Dead Redemption 2. This will be number 3 and most likely be called something with the letter R

Could be Red Dead Redemption 2 because the first Red Dead is Revolver, not Redemption. But still, if we do get another Red Dead, I hope it's not gonna be called "Red Dead Redemption 2". But OT, yeah, I'm trying not to get my hopes up as well, especially when knowing that Rockstar never goes to E3, as much as I hope this rumor turns out to be, well, not completely false.

• Like 1

This screams fake to me. For one, Rockstar tend to not bother with E3 at all, so I don't see why that would change now. They're big enough that they don't have to rely on E3 for game reveals. Also what a lot of people don't realise is that Red Dead Redemption wasn't the first game in the series. The first game was called Red Dead Revolver, so it would be very strange to see the sequel to Red Dead Redemption being called Red Dead Redemption 2, it just doesn't fit with the naming scheme.

I have no doubt that a sequel is in the works, but this rumour doesn't look like it holds any weight at all. 

SoulCalibur 2 would like a word with you. :P

Okay guys, you can obliterate this topic. Here's the proof:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/81154/20150409/red-dead-redemption-2-release-date.htm

Read the date of when it was posted. Move along, there's nothing to see here. Please verify your sources next time.

KDramaStars are pretty well always full of shit. For a brief moment a long while back, they had me believe Tobey wanted to come back to do Spider-Man 4, ever since, I doubt anythign they say ever until a million other people say it too.

KDramaStars are pretty well always full of shit. For a brief moment a long while back, they had me believe Tobey wanted to come back to do Spider-Man 4, ever since, I doubt anythign they say ever until a million other people say it too.

They're really full of crap haha. According to them, a Zombie mode was coming to GTA5 sometime in 2015.

But hey, at least they were right about the FF7 remake! Like trillions of other sites, though.

• Like 1

Thank you. Red Dead Revolver was a great game.

• Like 1

A few Rockstar facts;

• Both Red Dead (and the majority of their most recent games with the exception of GTA V) games were released in the month of May.
  • Redemption was announced in February a year prior.
  • However, Rockstar's most recent game, GTA V, was released in the month of September (pushed back due to polishing).
  • There was a 6 year gap between Revolver and Redemption's release dates, and we're now in the 6th year since Redemption's release.

Do what you will with that information, but history seems to suggest that atleast an announcement of said rumoured sequel and/or remaster could very well be soon with an estimated May 2017 or May 2018 release. But of course Rockstar could always decide to set an entirely new announcement-release schedule, so like I said, do what you want with that information :P I JUST WANT THE GAME ALREADY

• Like 1