Red Dead Redemption sequel rumored to be revealed at E3 2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

I know this thread is old and will probably get closed after my reply, but man I couldn't avoid to ask why was the name Red dead redemption 2 so ugly in your eyes guys? 

I've never played the games myself, but my guess is that the series went:

• Red Dead Revolver
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

I think people were probably expecting a different name, although from what I understand, RDR2 does have direct ties to RDR1, so it does make more sense as a sequel.

Because its the third game and at the time people expected it to be called red dead rebellion, red dead revengeance, or some other word starting with r. Calling it redemption 2 made sense as the stories are definitely connected but i can see them making a game with the name revolver 2 or something else if they decide to go backward in the timeline back to reds era(as redemption pretty much takes place at the end of the wild west era and going any further would just make it a roaring 20s or great depression era gta) but calling the next game redemption 3 would only make sense if its during john marston or arthur morgans era.Its sort of like how the tales series usually uses a different word each game but isn't against numbered sequels when theyre directly connected.