Digital Homicide is suing Jim Sterling for 10 million dollars.

Wavergray

wtf is a digital homicide

are they trying to kill someone?

One of the best gaming companies to ever exist. Their games were always forward thinking and sublime. They also had the guts to face Jim Sterling. Unfortunately Jim Sterling used his mind control Jedi tricks to trick everyone to believing he was the injured party.

Edited by FlareXV

I think all they've managed to do is kill is their own reputation (not that they had much of one in the first place).

Considering Steam have taken all of their games down, I hope they just fade into the background, and we never have to hear from these guys again.

I guess they commited

(•_•) 

( •_•) ⌐■-■ 

(⌐■_■)

Digital Suicide

• Like 1

So, I was looking at this online, and it looks to me like the case which was dismissed isn't the same as the one in the thread?

I saw Jim tweeted about it.

GLfNUrX.png

My best guess is that Digital Homicide are in the process of dropping the case. I'm not familiar with how law works, but I'm guessing it doesn't happen immediately.

That's possible. By the way, the case that has been dismissed is far more ridiculous than this one. Digital Suicide Homicide actually sued anonymous posters on Steam. It hurts my brain to think that a lawyer who took this case wasn't disbarred for wasting the court's time.

Oh, so they were two different cases? I thought Digital Homicide were suing Jim and the 100 or so Steam users as part of the same one. Again, I have no idea how law works. :P

And yeah, this whole situation is ridiculous. Why anyone would think they could make a case from this is beyond me. Digital Homicide don't exactly operate on rational thought, logic, or common sense. :P

wow, these guys don't want to quit do they.

well, like everybody else in the gaming world they made a very shitty game and naturally someone ( Jim sterling ) or any other normal PC player played it and gave it the shit scores it deserve .... there's no need for all that breakdown digital homicide, just deal with it, get gud and move on.

Edited by yellowwindow7

So? I mean I know who he is but come the fuck on he's nobody. He engages in just as much clickbait nonsense as all the others do. I'm not saying this lawsuit is warranted but come on. 

I wouldn't call it click bait. He is funded by Patreon donations and ads on YT (for non-Jimquisition-branded videos).

Some of his content would seem click-baity on any website which featured advertising, but his website has no adverts, so the amount of traffic he gets doesn't directly affect his income. 

That's possible. By the way, the case that has been dismissed is far more ridiculous than this one. Digital Suicide Homicide actually sued anonymous posters on Steam. It hurts my brain to think that a lawyer who took this case wasn't disbarred for wasting the court's time.

I wasn't aware that the Romines had found lawyers willing to take the Steam case on? I thought they were doing that one on their own?

• Like 1

So? I mean I know who he is but come the fuck on he's nobody. He engages in just as much clickbait nonsense as all the others do. I'm not saying this lawsuit is warranted but come on. 

I'm Jim Fucking Sterling, Son (as well as thank God for me) is one of his goofy catchphrases, Spider Guy wasn't serious with his reply, he was repeating a catchphrase. 

Parker

My best guess is that Digital Homicide are in the process of dropping the case. I'm not familiar with how law works, but I'm guessing it doesn't happen immediately.

In the US, a judge still has to approve a case dropping to evaluate the terms of dropping, decide if penalties need to be applied to the side that filed the lawsuit if it appeared frivolous and will decide if the same lawsuit can be applied at a later date or bar them from doing so in the future.

• Like 1

In the US, a judge still has to approve a case dropping to evaluate the terms of dropping, decide if penalties need to be applied to the side that filed the lawsuit if it appeared frivolous and will decide if the same lawsuit can be applied at a later date or bar them from doing so in the future.

Ah, I see. Well thanks for the explanation! :)

Now THAT would explain a lot. I only researched it on the surface. 

I'm going off reports which said that the post on their own blog about the Steam case appealed for any interested lawyers to contact them. I assumed that meant they didn't yet have representation. 

I can't remember if they have representation in the Stanton case. IIRC, that case is in the brothers' own names (i.e. the Romines v Stanton, not Digital Homicide v Stanton). It's entirely possible that they have private resources available to them to continue that fight, which won't go down with Digital Homicide.

Surprised this has been going on longer than I've bothered to care about. Also, I reiterate my earlier position that Digital Homicide is irrelevant. And also that Jim Sterling reminds me of a half-orc, the kind that you'd be annoyed to find squatting in your house after you return from traveling the length and breadth of Middle-earth, and the kind that would only require a band of pissed off hobbits with pitchforks to evict.

• Like 1

You can review the filing history for the Romine v Stanton case here: https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/10890330/Romine_v_Stanton

You just can't download the documents without a subscription to the service. 

Long story short: looks like it's ongoing for now. Looks like Stanton applied for the case to be dismissed, and Romine is responding. Presumably there will be a hearing on that dismissal motion soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

No idea who DH is......

That's because you haven't been keeping track of the trash and bottom leeches of Steam Greenlight, and they've been going under several names. I mean some of the shit Jim has said about them has been about games they've made under a different name, a name that some other actual publisher/developer use. :P

This is just about DH being jerks and playing the victim when the games they pump out after max a couple of weeks work (you can tell by how often these couple of guys release games, games filled with premade content) can't take criticism.

Edited by MMDE

That's because you haven't been keeping track of the trash and bottom leeches of Steam Greenlight, and they've been going under several names. I mean some of the shit Jim has said about them has been about games they've made under a different name, a name that some other actual publisher/developer use. :P

This is just about DH being jerks and playing the victim when the games they pump out after max a couple of weeks work (you can tell by how often these couple of guys release games, games filled with premade content) can't take criticism.

This is their full list of developed games as well as the known psuedonyms or alternate names they went under. If you can release a game AND ITS SEQUEL ON THE SAME DAY, you either made a big game and split it up into 2 games for more $$$, you're publishing some serious shovelware shit. 

25allY3.png

Also too if anyone missed this (Kishnabe already mentioned it), but they've been forced to close after they had dropped the lawsuit. Romine stated the studio was "destroyed" due to the lawsuit. Though that would just presumably be Digital Homocide Studios that got banned from Steam, not the other countless names they went by.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

This is their full list of developed games as well as the known psuedonyms or alternate names they went under. If you can release a game AND ITS SEQUEL ON THE SAME DAY, you either made a big game and split it up into 2 games for more $$$, you're publishing some serious shovelware shit. 

25allY3.png

Also too if anyone missed this (Kishnabe already mentioned it), but they've been forced to close after they had dropped the lawsuit. Romine stated the studio was "destroyed" due to the lawsuit. Though that would just presumably be Digital Homocide Studios that got banned from Steam, not the other countless names they went by.

lol sup Biohazard remember me from the psn chat?? ahah

Anyways yeah ive seen the Jim Sterling vids on this, its soooo messed up.