Digital Homicide is suing Jim Sterling for 10 million dollars.

Wavergray

Are you actually going to explain your strange vendetta against YouTube celebrities or will you just keep running in circles around the question?

They aren't celebrities. They are people that became popular on a website.

Whether that answer isn't enough or not what you wanted, too bad.

Aren't celebrities just people who became popular due to X?

That X can be TV, Movies, Music, Youtube, or whatever. 

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

ce·leb·ri·ty
səˈlebrədē/
noun

1. a famous person.
    synonyms: famous person, VIP, very important person, personalitynewsmakernamebig name,famous name, household namestarsuperstarmovie starMore

• the state of being well known.
      "his prestige and celebrity grew"
      synonyms: fameprominencerenowneminencepreeminencestardompopularitydistinction,notenotabilityprestigestaturereputereputation
      "his celebrity grew"

I think the argument could be made that people like Jim Sterling and other popular Youtubers like PewDiePie could be considered celebrities.

Why you dislike people that are making a good living doing what they love and making other people's lives more enjoyable when they can be easily ignored (I can honestly say I've never seen a PewDiePie video) is quite strange though, if I do say so myself. 

Parker

• Like 3

ce·leb·ri·ty
səˈlebrədē/
noun

1. a famous person.
    synonyms: famous person, VIP, very important person, personalitynewsmakernamebig name,famous name, household namestarsuperstarmovie starMore

• the state of being well known.
      "his prestige and celebrity grew"
      synonyms: fameprominencerenowneminencepreeminencestardompopularitydistinction,notenotabilityprestigestaturereputereputation
      "his celebrity grew"

I think the argument could be made that people like Jim Sterling and other popular Youtubers like PewDiePie could be considered celebrities.

Why you dislike people that are making a good living doing what they love and making other people's lives more enjoyable when they can be easily ignored (I can honestly say I've never seen a PewDiePie video) is quite strange though, if I do say so myself. 

Parker

A famous person:

Someone that a mass majority of people know.

I'd wager at least 50% of the YouTubers that have at least 1 million subscribers can go outside their door without being surrounded by fans and paparazzi. In fact, I bet they'd be able to go undetected. If people want to be star struct by internet celebrities, hey, all power to you.

Never once said I hated them because of the money they make, the effect that they have on other people, or the like. It's almost like people want to put words in my mouth. I guess it makes sense though. It's easier than to try to understand why someone doesn't give a crap about 90% of real celebrities.

At the end of the day, they're people that give up their personal life in order to regurgitate boring content that has already been said by someone else or can be found on other circles of the internet, to entertain children. (If you don't believe that, do some research on a top YouTuber's average fan bases' age. I'll give you a hint, the average is not in their 30's.)

Edited by Valyrious

A famous person:

Someone that a mass majority of people know.

I'd wager at least 50% of the YouTubers that have at least 1 million subscribers can go outside their door without being surrounded by fans and paparazzi. In fact, I bet they'd be able to go undetected. If people want to be star struct by internet celebrities, hey, all power to you.

Never once said I hated them because of the money they make, the effect that they have on other people, or the like. It's almost like people want to put words in my mouth. I guess it makes sense though. It's easier than to try to understand why someone doesn't give a crap about 90% of real celebrities.

At the end of the day, they're people that give up their personal life in order to regurgitate boring content that has already been said by someone else or can be found on other circles of the internet, to entertain children. (If you don't believe that, do some research on a top YouTuber's average fan bases' age. I'll give you a hint, the average is not in their 30's.)

I couldn't care less about 90% of celebrities, internet or otherwise, either. I simply ignore the ones that I don't care about, I don't go on forums and talk shit about the Kardashians or whoever else because I simply don't care about them. Who cares if someone is entertaining children or if they have a young fan base, how does that affect your life? 

If you truly don't care about these people then the logical thing to do would be ignore them. 

Parker

• Like 4

So I guess what's holding us back from curing cancer and mastering interstellar travel are the people that care too much about internet celebrities (or actual celebrities). No, that doesn't sound like an over exaggeration at all, I completely agree.

Jim Sterling, preventing the cure for cancer. Ironic considering his subject matter as a whole.

You are being remarkably obtuse. Is it deliberate?

You're the one that made the comment about how the world would be a better place if people ignored internet celebrities. I simply was looking for evidence of this absurd statement. Given its source, I should have known better.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know he won't, but I wish Sterling would sue Digital Homicide for his legal fees. What a bunch of bullshit that is.

Also, I clicked on the link of Jim Sterling. It's the first time I've ever seen him. Man, he's like the high-talker in that old Seinfeld episode!

Edited by starcrunch061

Digital Homicide offered us awesome games that we took for granted. Life of the black tiger could not compare to the cutting tech masterpiece that I call The Slaughtering Grounds. I hope DH rise up again and create the beautiful games that we deserve.

Edited by FlareXV