Sheltered help thread

CasaDeBen

Hopefully the raiders come soon in my game.. I noticed im not getting anymore quests on the radio after day 150. Maybe the game is trying to encourage me to move onto the next area.

Also not finding anymore 'special blueprints' and hopefully they carry over to the new map

So far I got 4 special weapons

the bat

the knuckles

the rebar

the knife

As for home stuff I got

the luxury comfy bunk bed

the luxury shower

the luxury toilet

the auto pantry

the special stove

Edited by MafiaBrett

Hopefully the raiders come soon in my game.. I noticed im not getting anymore quests on the radio after day 150. Maybe the game is trying to encourage me to move onto the next area.

Also not finding anymore 'special blueprints' and hopefully they carry over to the new map

So far I got 4 special weapons

the bat

the knuckles

the rebar

the knife

As for home stuff I got

the luxury comfy bunk bed

the luxury shower

the luxury toilet

the auto pantry

the special stove

one more blueprint to go i think, the auto water butt. It seems raiders more likely to come around day 150 and 160.

I'm afraid if moving on, then we would be starting from scratch. At least maybe got people with maximized stats before moving on just in case.

one more blueprint to go i think, the auto water butt. It seems raiders more likely to come around day 150 and 160.

I'm afraid if moving on, then we would be starting from scratch. At least maybe got people with maximized stats before moving on just in case.

Not from scratch from what i read but youll be a lot lower. And im not sure how much you can bring. Youd have to do all your upgrades again. And build almost everything all over again

Make your adults both violent and courageous. They will be able to fight. Those will be who you send out to explore. Your kids will be 1. Resourceful and bully 2. Hands on and brainbox. They will stay behind wearing hazmat suits and tackle business at home. The hands on one will be your main crafter and fixer.

When going on an expedition start slow, goto places you know will have food, houses and such.

I understand Courageous + Violent for both adults, Hands On + Brain Box for the fixer, and Resourceful for the scrapper, but why Bully?

I understand Courageous + Violent for both adults, Hands On + Brain Box for the fixer, and Resourceful for the scrapper, but why Bully?

In case you need to send them to the wastes too? I dont know. Its just what i read from a pc player amd it did good for me

Yep I didn't get a raid till finally day 179 or 180. Super easy, only 2 raiders.

One thing I noticed, I watched a bunch of Dev dairys before the game came out. In those dairys it showed combat with up to 5 or 6 enemies. Only ONE time did I ever see 3 enemies (protection racket quest). Makes me wonder why they got rid of the more difficult encounters.

Edited by MafiaBrett

After completing the Extended Family quest, select the RV and choose Move On. All Special items transfer to the new shelter, as do Family stats...welcome to easy mode.

The pet is random, so save before moving, backup your Save Game to USB or Online, then restore the Save Game until you get Goldfish for the Mystery Hatch code to avoid a fresh start.

If you're quick enough, move your items to the RV, Confirm, then watch for the save game notification to the bottom-left of screen. Quit to XMB, backup the Game Save, then restore from this point until the Goldfish spawns to save repacking the car.

Take the following items with you to build everything you need to get up and running as quickly as possible -

Rubber x 75

Lens x 25

Switch x 25

Duct Tape x 50

Wood x 100

Metal x 100

Cement x 10

Fuse x 25

Rope x 25

Nylon x 50

Leather x 25

Pipe x 50

Valve x 25

Spring x 25

Nail x 75

Bucket x 5

Plastic x 100

Wool x 50

Hinge x 50

Transistor x 25

Motor x 25

Switch x 25

Wiring x 50

Circuit Board x 25

Battery x 25

Fuel x 5

Gas Mask x 5

Tools x 5 (50% craft speed boost)

The new shelter starts with no Fuel and no Masks, so take just enough to allow the family to explore straight away, which is critical for survival. Tools are also optional, but taking them speeds crafting / fixing up significantly.

The following can be crafted with your transported goodies (some require blueprints to be unlocked), though an additional 25 Wood will need to be found on expeditions -

Level 4 Work Bench Upgrade

2 x Large Rucksack

2 x Rebar of Confidence

Water Filter 100% Upgrade

Luxury Bunk Bed

Luxury Toilet

Luxury Shower

Auto Pantry

Auto Water

Solar Panel x 3

Large Crate

Excellent Stove

Mop & Bucket

Large Water Butt x 5

Room x 5

Advanced Snare

Large Freezer

Binoculars

Metal Detector

Toy Box

Punchbag

Bookshelf

Incinerator

Extinguisher

Deconstruct all poor items to make room for the good stuff. Add new rooms as required.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

how do u back up on usb for ps4? id hate to not get the fish after I move on lol

Moving to the second map turned out to be a complete waste of time. I had everything humming along nicely and uncovered the whole map within a couple of weeks, but there's no Mystery Hatch to be found :shakefist:

Forget what I wrote, start a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

counted my bubble, found the hatch. but when I choose to enter the numbers nothing happens??? number would not scroll off 0. not sure what im missin here. do u have to find it, go home, then come back to enter the numbers?

Edited by Durrun

• 8 months later...

Seems that for the trophy "I'm Giving You All She's Got", what you need to upgrade are the following things:

• Oxygen Filter
  • Water Filter
  • Generator
  • Both Doors
  • Radio
  • Workbench

The trophy guide out there for this game only refers to upgrading the first 3 systems, which is incorrect.

Edited by voodoo_eyes